What do we want from Barrett? (Or any coach?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
With a lot of the talk recently about the team and in particular Barrett, I was wondering what we as fans want from a coach? Now wins obviously, but what else?

Personally I do want a coach with some fire and passion, but that's not everything. I think the modern coach has to be very careful he doesn't just go off at the team constantly as the modern gen (whatever they are called now) player just doesn't seem to respond to that. Wayne Bennett is a coach who rarely loses it, but in saying that I loved to see Tooves losing it occassionally as it obviously meant so much to him.

To be honest the thing I want more than anything is the feeling that this guy knows what he is doing, he's in control and has the answers. That can take time, whilst others just have that aura about them.

I like a coach who doesn't seem afraid either, will experiment a bit, and show some flair. And encourages players to do the same.

With a lot of the talk recently about the team and in particular Barrett, I was wondering what we as fans want from a coach? Now wins obviously, but what else?

Personally I do want a coach with some fire and passion, but that's not everything. I think the modern coach has to be very careful he doesn't just go off at the team constantly as the modern gen (whatever they are called now) player just doesn't seem to respond to that. Wayne Bennett is a coach who rarely loses it, but in saying that I loved to see Tooves losing it occassionally as it obviously meant so much to him.

To be honest the thing I want more than anything is the feeling that this guy knows what he is doing, he's in control and has the answers. That can take time, whilst others just have that aura about them.

I like a coach who doesn't seem afraid either, will experiment a bit, and show some flair. And encourages players to do the same.

If a coach can get all the players pulling in the same direction, and create a very tight knit group, I think more often than not, the team will be successful (see Parra this year under Arthur).

Our club looks like a bunch of individuals all pulling in different directions, wanting the money and limelight, but not willing to put in the work and dedication.

Jason King told me himself at a NAB function, that was what Des first goal was above all else - create a brotherhood.

I just don't see "team" in a lot of our players character.

We had a gay coach up in Innisfail. He was great bloke. He really helped us with our wrestling technique. If you couldn't get out of his holds, boy you were in trouble.

Moz, you need to take up gardening or something old mate.

I want the bloody coach to at least look like he's played FG before, with some scars and a bent nose, not a bloody pretty boy show pony!!!!!!!!

If I ever, and I mean EVER criticise Toovey again, you have permission to make me stand with my legs open, and every paying member can take a 3 step start walk up for a free kick to my balls - no pants, no undies - nothing - bare skin.

Man, am I eating my words about him now :(

First of all I'd want a coach who instills grit ,passion commitment,bleed for the jersey and at the moment we have none of these qualities.

Someone who understands what it means to bleed maroon and white. Outsiders don't understand.
In the NRL Manly is an island and to understand Manly you have to be an islander.

We had a gay coach up in Innisfail. He was great bloke. He really helped us with our wrestling technique. If you couldn't get out of his holds, boy you were in trouble.
Gay coach hey. So he taught you to be gay yes. Not hat there is anything wrong with that.

What diocese where you in?

If I ever, and I mean EVER criticise Toovey again, you have permission to make me stand with my legs open, and every paying member can take a 3 step start walk up for a free kick to my balls - no pants, no undies - nothing - bare skin.

Man, am I eating my words about him now :(
Can we do it blindfolded though? No offence but not that keen to see your nuts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8