1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a brave and gutsy effort!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by sheridanstand78, Apr 25, 2015.

1. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,307 / 51
    Thats so much more like it.
    What a great backs to the wall and courageous performance. So proud tonight, Our season starts now!!!!

• Like Like x 10
  2. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    All I can say is yeewwwwwwww!!!! Thank god the real manly stood up. So happy!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    That was a wonderful team performance!!! Many players would be deserving of points tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    YEAH BABY!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. naw017

naw017 Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    EAGLE ROCK

• Like Like x 4
  6. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Got some stability with our regular players on the edge and our defence was a huge improvement.
    Now let's keep DCE and sign Elgey!!!

• Like Like x 5
  7. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +504 / 15
  8. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    amazing what a bit of teamwork can bring.
    Still a bit of silly stuff to get out of the system and that one wouldn't have been as nailbiting, but good win nonetheless, something to build from. Hopefully good news about Buhrer but it didn't look good.

9. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,398 / 35
    That was a great win. Everyone really stood up tonight in both attack and defence.

I hope we see more of that for the rest of the season.

Go Manly!

10. Kue

Kue Active Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 8
    Last beating first in Melbourne in the rain after our injuries and start to the season almost makes it worth while, almost.

What an occasion to get over the line.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,238 / 31
  12. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    The defense was amazing.
    Our small and inexperienced pack, without the Dalai's Guiding Hand, managed to keep out the Team running first .:inlove:

Little 2v really went off at them at half time - what a Champion. He believed that last placed Manly could beat the First placed Scumos :clap:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I think we've lost perspective a bit due to our poor showing so far this year. I wouldn't call tonight either gutsy or courageous. It was what we should be delivering week in, week out. It's amazing what a bit of commitment in defence does and a bit of good energetic running from the forwards. I'll save those sort of platitudes for a game where we really dig deep. We were far from great tonight , so I guess the other positive on top of the win is that there should still be some improvement to be had.

There is absoutely no reason why we can't build on that and put in a decent performance next week against the Knights.

• Like Like x 3
  14. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +978 / 48
    Thank f*ck for that. A great gutsy effort. They still made it hard for themselves with silly penalties and dropped ball but really proud of the boys tonight. Is this the official turn around?
    GO MANLY

15. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    I hear you C&C, but it was a wet night and the game was played accordingly really. At least they have started to dig deep, and it will be required further in spades as the year rolls on

16. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Tooves - "They listened to their captain at half time"

What was that people were saying during the week about Snake and his commitment or were bagging him because he was a senior player and didn't have the answer to fixing things?

I don't know what Snake said but whatever it was, it seemed to work.

17. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    thought matai and Ballin were captains

18. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,462 / 80
    We deserved this win. The boys put in and showed some pride. This is the first real win this season. We deserved this. And don't it feel good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 96
    Wow, just read the score, been at a wedding..we WON! Oh man, this is amazing, can't wait to get home to watch the replay. What a courageous win!

20. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,400 / 257
    The main thing is they clearly put in for the full 80. We've been dropping right off about 50 minutes in for the past month and it's usually gone to **** from there. This was a full game. We will need troops back if Buhrer is done. Putting Lui back in won't make up for that loss. We really could do with Mateo for the Newcastle game.