We are so off the pace of the competition its not funny!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
I am at a point where I despise my club. I can forgive and let go of so much when we were at least producing results, but now… meh! The complete amateurish running of the social media and fan engagement is deplorable. And Des with his 1970s presentation needs to fark right off. Let’s get creative and move forward. Unfortunately, I sense we are so far behind the real world that we are merely living off past glory and ready to die.
That's pretty hard core.

Wouldn 't say it is all doom and gloom , get back Schuster and Paseka into the pack , Turbo properly fit again and somehow to get back that noted fluency in attack which served the side so well last season and things could turn around a bit . Tippytoes in the centres with Koula and Saab back on wing [ though sure that Parker would have a case to be reinstated as a centre ] Paseka 's good go forward and work rate and Schuster "s creativity in the ruck area with Tom back to some semblance of normal fitness would be the big pluses mainly i reckon . Manly was one of the best open attacking and finishing sides last season , admittedly have Turbo struggling at the moment but side was producing well also in attack with Garrick at the back last season as well

We will recover and it is a good thing that we can have these discussions when we are sitting in 8th but its clear that things need to change

Last night was ****e from beginning to end. Very hard to watch as a fan and it's obvious we're way off the pace from being seriously competitive.
My disillusionment with rugby league isn't resting solely on Manly's performances. It's many other things:
The current 2 horse race between storm and panthers - with about 4 other teams that could possibly upset them. Might as well play the GF next week.
How did the comp get to this?
Six agains - yes Manly were crap but the donkeys got 5 six agains, mostly on the 5th tackle and led to tries. Manly got none! Subjective.
The obstruction rule - I watched Annersly's explanation and basically it's open to interpretation of the list of point indicators - subjective again.
Favourable draws - Melbourne and donkeys have had about 7 home games - wtf?
Constant rule changes and sin bin, send off trends.
Idiotic, biased, numnut commentary of the games.
In Dad's last few years he kept saying "This isn't rugby league."
I'm agreeing with you my Tommy. Rip.
In spite of all that, Manly Forever from my camp.

Last night was ****e from beginning to end. Very hard to watch as a fan and it's obvious we're way off the pace from being seriously competitive.
My disillusionment with rugby league isn't resting solely on Manly's performances. It's many other things:
The current 2 horse race between storm and panthers - with about 4 other teams that could possibly upset them. Might as well play the GF next week.
Six agains - yes Manly were crap but the donkeys got 5 six agains, mostly on the 5th tackle and led to tries. Manly got none! Subjective.
The obstruction rule - I watched Annersly's explanation and basically it's open to interpretation of the list of point indicators - subjective again.
yes, yes and yes...

Yes to all that BUT you cannot escape the fact that in comparison to teams 3-7 we are a long long way off beating them or even being competitive, Manly teams of the past have at least been mostly competitive.

In comparison to teams 1-2, well Buzz Lightyear even knows we aren’t on the same planet.

How did our great club get to this point ?

Yes to all that BUT you cannot escape the fact that in comparison to teams 3-7 we are a long long way off beating them or even being competitive, Manly teams of the past have at least been mostly competitive.

In comparison to teams 1-2, well Buzz Lightyear even knows we aren’t on the same planet.

How did our great club get to this point ?
We will rise phoenix-like from the ashes of last night and reclaim our pride and glory.
At least we can hope and dream.;)

Last edited:

We will rise phoenix-like from the ashes of last night and reclaim our pride and glory.
At least we can hope and dream.;)
By the way I share your disillusionment.

In years gone by I’d watch maybe 3-4 games a week , sometimes more .

The rule changes mean the game I watch now isn’t the game I grew up playing and following .

The first 20 minutes of each game now is usually the same, the home team gets the majority of the possession and blows the other team off the park.

The away team is usually knackered ( which bites them on the arse in the second half ) by the end of the first 40.

The game is usually all over at the 50 minute mark , at which point the ref decides it’s time the even up the penalty count and not make it a whitewash so we usually get a few points scored by the away team which makes it look more even.

But then the home team takes the ascendancy again and it’s all over red rover.

NOW

Tell me that 6/ 8 games most weekends are like that ??

The exceptions , the two top teams.

May as well make tonight’s game the GF

PS: I now watch ONE game per week

There is something a miss for sure. The departure of Stephen Humphries is not a good look. The way our club is communicating with the fans and members is poor. The passive aggression shown by Hasler over Forans departure was an indication of this.

There needs to be a few people step up and get us on the front foot again. We are busted with injuries to key players and we have way too many passengers right now. Tommy is clearly not right. Dylan Walker is tentative. Other guys carrying injuries and our defense especially on the right side is being shredded week in week out.

I agree with you that we are up against it especially over the next fortnight. We do not have a game plan to beat these teams right now and its clear that what worked last year is not this year. We seem all at sea with and without the ball and clunky. I have not seen a good total 80 minutes in any game this season so far.

Still round 10 and time to turn it around but we must face our weaknesses and make the changes as are needed!
Don't hold your breath waiting for those changes

By the way I share your disillusionment.

In years gone by I’d watch maybe 3-4 games a week , sometimes more .

The rule changes mean the game I watch now isn’t the game I grew up playing and following .

The first 20 minutes of each game now is usually the same, the home team gets the majority of the possession and blows the other team off the park.

The away team is usually knackered ( which bites them on the arse in the second half ) by the end of the first 40.

The game is usually all over at the 50 minute mark , at which point the ref decides it’s time the even up the penalty count and not make it a whitewash so we usually get a few points scored by the away team which makes it look more even.

But then the home team takes the ascendancy again and it’s all over red rover.

NOW

Tell me that 6/ 8 games most weekends are like that ??

The exceptions , the two top teams.

May as well make tonight’s game the GF

PS: I now watch ONE game per week
Imagine if the NRL were in charge of boxing. Bouts would be won and lost in the first round. Then one day the NRL would look around and ask, "Where have all the fans, players, ratings and sponsors gone?" League is going the same way, the NRL just can't see it.

Manly are hopeless because they are just not able to make a fast start, and even if they mid game somehow get back momentum, they can't keep it. But you need to, as all the current NRL rules and officiating favours the team with the ball and momentum.

Its also on Des to have Manly playing like the other milkers. Like Storm, Penrith. Eels and Roosters. If the rules encouraged playing good footy against the opposing team, Manly would compete well. But the rules favour milking them and pushing the referee. The teams that play the game focused on the rules and the referee will do far better than the teams focused on beating their opposing 17. Get the momentum and keep it and you can beat any other team.

Imagine if the NRL were in charge of boxing. Bouts would be won and lost in the first round. Then one day the NRL would look around and ask, "Where have all the fans, players, ratings and sponsors gone?" League is going the same way, the NRL just can't see it.

Manly are hopeless because they are just not able to make a fast start, and even if they mid game somehow get back momentum, they can't keep it. But you need to, as all the current NRL rules and officiating favours the team with the ball and momentum.

Its also on Des to have Manly playing like the other milkers. Like Storm, Penrith. Eels and Roosters. If the rules encouraged playing good footy against the opposing team, Manly would compete well. But the rules favour milking them and pushing the referee. The teams that play the game focused on the rules and the referee will do far better than the teams focused on beating their opposing 17. Get the momentum and keep it and you can beat any other team.
Yeah we aren’t doing ourselves any favours I must say !!

The issue is the roster imo. and you can't fix that overnight.

The biggest issue is the players who make us look good against the weak teams are the ones who let us down against the quality sides.

Seriously how does the club and coach deal with that.

Sure there is the hooker issue, but Croker busts his gut every week. Keppie just isnt good enough nor is most of the 3/4 line. Marty must start if he is in the 17, but this must be his last year.

Foz is brave but too slow laterally, the Titans have a another dud - at least he will try hard.

We still might make the 8 but like last year we are making up the numbers.
I venture to say it won’t even be close to the feeling of making finals last year. At least last year we had hope and excitement.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10