We are so off the pace of the competition its not funny!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Like all of us I had a great feeling to start the season that we were ready to challenge for the premiership and after 10 games which is a good measure, it is clear we are miles behind the top clubs.

We started the season on the backfoot and the form has been very patchy and every time we meet a side which has structure and purpose we are found badly wanting on each occasion!

I will also say that we are undermanned. Too many players out and too many guys out of form.

Our spine is not working and is my greatest concern for this season. We have a 1 who is clearly injured and it is hampering his form. A six who has decided his future lies elsewhere and 7 trying hard but not as good as he was and a 9 who is only a fill in. It is not working and it needs to be looked at and changed.

Our pack is going backwards. We lack energy and purpose. We do not have any leadership from dummy half and the service to our halves is rushed and under pressure.

I hope this defeat leads to some change. I think that James Segeyaro has to come into calculations and give us something different at hooker.

I would not risk Tom if he is not 100 percent. Garrick did well filling in there.

We urgently need Schuster to come in and give us a spark and take the heat of our halves.

We need to get our pack moving forward. We are so down on metres compared to last season.

I expect to see a reaction next week. Its the old enemy and we have our backs to the wall. No better time than to draw a line in the sand about what an acceptable performance is.

We are also being outplayed by rival coaches. The tactics tonight from the Donkeys was spot on. They kicked behind Garrick and got two great tries. Our edges were smashed repeatedly by their slick attack and with the ball I hate to say we are so predictable right now.

I hope things turn around and some confidence returns. Time for the guys to step up or get in some guys who want to do this!

Like all of us I had a great feeling to start the season that we were ready to challenge for the premiership and after 10 games which is a good measure, it is clear we are miles behind the top clubs.

We started the season on the backfoot and the form has been very patchy and every time we meet a side which has structure and purpose we are found badly wanting on each occasion!

I will also say that we are undermanned. Too many players out and too many guys out of form.

Our spine is not working and is my greatest concern for this season. We have a 1 who is clearly injured and it is hampering his form. A six who has decided his future lies elsewhere and 7 trying hard but not as good as he was and a 9 who is only a fill in. It is not working and it needs to be looked at and changed.

Our pack is going backwards. We lack energy and purpose. We do not have any leadership from dummy half and the service to our halves is rushed and under pressure.

I hope this defeat leads to some change. I think that James Segeyaro has to come into calculations and give us something different at hooker.

I would not risk Tom if he is not 100 percent. Garrick did well filling in there.

We urgently need Schuster to come in and give us a spark and take the heat of our halves.

We need to get our pack moving forward. We are so down on metres compared to last season.

I expect to see a reaction next week. Its the old enemy and we have our backs to the wall. No better time than to draw a line in the sand about what an acceptable performance is.

We are also being outplayed by rival coaches. The tactics tonight from the Donkeys was spot on. They kicked behind Garrick and got two great tries. Our edges were smashed repeatedly by their slick attack and with the ball I hate to say we are so predictable right now.

I hope things turn around and some confidence returns. Time for the guys to step up or get in some guys who want to do this!
Well said

Is so sad to see where we are.

I would even given this team a pass if I could see some progression in 2022 but we have regressed badly and are as you said so far off the top teams is heartbreaking to see.

This once proud club needs to show some fight and desire for jersey , the real manly jersey next week.

This is a pretty low point for us I reckon , we are going to get absolutely smashed the next two games , between 30-50 points each game.

And it’s season 22 over and out.

Oh sure we’ll beat a few down the bottom and won’t win the spoon.

But there is something not right at Eagle HQ.

Buggered if I know but it’s not much fun at present .

This is a pretty low point for us I reckon , we are going to get absolutely smashed the next two games , between 30-50 points each game.

There is something a miss for sure. The departure of Stephen Humphries is not a good look. The way our club is communicating with the fans and members is poor. The passive aggression shown by Hasler over Forans departure was an indication of this.

There needs to be a few people step up and get us on the front foot again. We are busted with injuries to key players and we have way too many passengers right now. Tommy is clearly not right. Dylan Walker is tentative. Other guys carrying injuries and our defense especially on the right side is being shredded week in week out.

I agree with you that we are up against it especially over the next fortnight. We do not have a game plan to beat these teams right now and its clear that what worked last year is not this year. We seem all at sea with and without the ball and clunky. I have not seen a good total 80 minutes in any game this season so far.

Still round 10 and time to turn it around but we must face our weaknesses and make the changes as are needed!

I am at a point where I despise my club. I can forgive and let go of so much when we were at least producing results, but now… meh! The complete amateurish running of the social media and fan engagement is deplorable. And Des with his 1970s presentation needs to fark right off. Let’s get creative and move forward. Unfortunately, I sense we are so far behind the real world that we are merely living off past glory and ready to die.

I am at a point where I despise my club. I can forgive and let go of so much when we were at least producing results, but now… meh! The complete amateurish running of the social media and fan engagement is deplorable. And Des with his 1970s presentation needs to fark right off. Let’s get creative and move forward. Unfortunately, I sense we are so far behind the real world that we are merely living off past glory and ready to die.
I tend to agree that our past glory kind of masks just how **** we’ve become
Every other team is heavily scrutinised when performing ****house..eg Tigers, Dogs, Knights etc
Nobody gives a **** about us
Becoming irrelevant

There is something a miss for sure. The departure of Stephen Humphries is not a good look. The way our club is communicating with the fans and members is poor. The passive aggression shown by Hasler over Forans departure was an indication of this.

There needs to be a few people step up and get us on the front foot again. We are busted with injuries to key players and we have way too many passengers right now. Tommy is clearly not right. Dylan Walker is tentative. Other guys carrying injuries and our defense especially on the right side is being shredded week in week out.

I agree with you that we are up against it especially over the next fortnight. We do not have a game plan to beat these teams right now and its clear that what worked last year is not this year. We seem all at sea with and without the ball and clunky. I have not seen a good total 80 minutes in any game this season so far.

Still round 10 and time to turn it around but we must face our weaknesses and make the changes as are needed!
We had a great 80 against the knights🤣

9th to 14th mate - and we should be glad we aren't getting the spoon.

The issue is the roster imo. and you can't fix that overnight.

The biggest issue is the players who make us look good against the weak teams are the ones who let us down against the quality sides.

Seriously how does the club and coach deal with that.

Sure there is the hooker issue, but Croker busts his gut every week. Keppie just isnt good enough nor is most of the 3/4 line. Marty must start if he is in the 17, but this must be his last year.

Foz is brave but too slow laterally, the Titans have a another dud - at least he will try hard.

We still might make the 8 but like last year we are making up the numbers.

It was combination meal deal last night
Some players obviously carrying injuries, dud calls, a freakishly inform Adam Reynolds teaching us how to lead a team around the park in wet conditions, Manly not getting out of the boxes, sideways attack, 1 out attack, uncommitted defence with half the intensity and line speed of the opposition and a bloody great performance by Brisbane who are building well.
There were "moments " that almost got Manly back into it and once it didn't work out, dropping heads and almost white flagging
That's the difference between your Storm/ Penrith- something goes against them, they keep tails up and fight harder again till they get that result and points come on the back of it.
Nasty game for many reasons and hopefully the lowest point of the season....next 2 weeks unless a 50% improvement in both enthusiasm and execution, will get very ugly

Last night was dreadful but not overly surprising. Our 5 wins this year have come against the bottom 5 sides, all of whom have only 2-3 wins in total. Similar to last year, only there were more poor teams so we got to coast our way into the top 4 and then get pumped in the finals

We have a decent roster but our salary cap is out of whack. Tom plays half the season (if that) and was clearly not right to play last night, Jake is completely ineffective in the modern game and DCE is probably the most inconsistent player in the comp (Reynolds put him to shame last night). All that aside we just look terribly coached but unfortunately Des just gets a free ride as he’s not Barrett and he won us a comp 11 years ago

That's the difference between your Storm/ Penrith- something goes against them, they keep tails up and fight harder again till they get that result and points come on the back of it.
That, in a nutshell, is the problem with this team, and the reason why we are so far off the pace.

We cannot handle adversity, and "adversity" for this team includes any or all of the following:
  • Playing away from home
  • Playing at night ("Ooooh, it's dark outside the stadium lights! Scary!")
  • Playing in unfamiliar jerseys
  • Playing in anything but ideal, sunny conditions
  • Making mistakes early
  • Making mistakes late
  • Making mistakes at any time
  • Players getting injured
  • Players staying injured
  • Players getting penalised
  • Playing any other team that isn't absolutely ****house
  • Playing any other team that actually wants to win
Sadly, Ryan Girdler was 100% correct last year: we are flat-track bullies.

If everything, and I mean everything, goes our way during a game, we have enough talented players to make us look like a very good football team. But as soon as anything goes against us, we fold.

I think it's pretty obvious mate. This Schuster to 5/8 , moving on Taupau ,Walker and Foran has the senior playing group fractured to the club and possibly the younger up and comers. Add in our polarising captain and a myopic back in the mid 2000s coach you can see why there is no cohesion in this lot. Honestly there needs to be massive changes in our forwards as well as getting a modern coach like a Ciraldo and pushing Des back to a Sheens/Gould type role. Letting go of young forwards like Sione Fainu and keeping these plodders is insanity.

Poor across the board. If as it looks we get flogged the next two games the club needs to start looking for a new innovative coach.

I think it's pretty obvious mate. This Schuster to 5/8 , moving on Taupau ,Walker and Foran has the senior playing group fractured to the club and possibly the younger up and comers. Add in our polarising captain and a myopic back in the mid 2000s coach you can see why there is no cohesion in this lot. Honestly there needs to be massive changes in our forwards as well as getting a modern coach like a Ciraldo and pushing Des back to a Sheens/Gould type role. Letting go of young forwards like Sione Fainu and keeping these plodders is insanity.
Who is in the "fractured groups" mate? Foran and Schu are obviously in each camp but who else and which camp? Did Humphries have some involvement in this player fiasco?

Lucky there is Barrett's Bulldogs
they would have towelled us on last nights performance ... where was DCE ? Tom is injured, down physically and mentally. Mole as much as I love him can be lazy sliding and that leaves a gap to DCE that gets run through for a try at least once per game Croker 100% effort and a tackling machine but not creating the attack opportunities that a top 9 should give Gordon or James a run, please Des.
I said it early in the season and it is still glaringly obvious we are SLOW & FLAT

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8