Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I found time to listen to this entire podcast last night. He's not a complex character is Choc, and he clearly never overthought his footy. Some interesting insights into how the team operated in those glory days. I must admit he certainly wouldn't come across as a credible witness in the stand as his recollection of dates and names is hazy at best, but i have no reason to doubt he is genuine in his belief of his interpretation of events. One thing I found fascinating is that he never once mentioned Skivvi as far as I can recall. All the other long termers got a plug at some point.

I can see his point regarding DCE's attitude if that is exactly how it played out. That 2011-2013 team made DCE's job easy and made his transition into NRL football pretty much an armchair ride. He could have shown a bit more humility and bided his time on contract demands (even if it was driven by his agent - he ultimately employs the guy).

Agree with you in context ... but a back ended deal simply means they are deferring payment ,,, not taking a cut ...... they still get paid the same amount .....

I totally understand that, but on the open market he would demanded a lot more money for the period of time of that contract

The issue I have is that DCE had signed a contract, albeit no where near what he was later worth on the open market. But it's still a contract and he wasn't on the open market like many are saying. The club had certainly taken this value into consideration (his original contract value) when planning ahead putting the roster / salary cap together for the rest of the playing group. So I could understand how choc and the other senior playing group must have felt to be shaken down by a young upstart who wasn't willing to see the bigger picture and try to keep the playing group together. This is the sort of Shi't Blake green was doing . It's disruptive and we're up the same Shi't creek because of it.

Calling a young bloke a ****wit to his face because he takes his managers advice rather than yours would rank as standing over ...

And Choc .... for all his services .... was on $900k in his last year at Manly ..... hardly a charity case, and big money for a 2nd rower ..... and without doing the Maths, probably more of a % of the cap than DCE's current contract .....
And that was 900k of a 6.5-7mil cap not a 9mil cap. I don't think anyone can claim choc took unders to stay at manly. He's full of ****. He's lucky he didn't have his contract torn up when he punched a sponsor. If it had been no one else pays him that money to go with that baggage

Edit: or when he spat on a woman, or when he got done 50km over the speed limit while on his Ps. Or when he got labelled never to play rep footy again after trashing a hotel room.

I feel like the brain damage has caused him to forget all of this and people's rose colored glasses mean they don't remember. Meanwhile the criticism of DCE is he speaks to politely and it comes across as insincere.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

Last edited:
I found time to listen to this entire podcast last night. He's not a complex character is Choc, and he clearly never overthought his footy. Some interesting insights into how the team operated in those glory days. I must admit he certainly wouldn't come across as a credible witness in the stand as his recollection of dates and names is hazy at best, but i have no reason to doubt he is genuine in his belief of his interpretation of events. One thing I found fascinating is that he never once mentioned Skivvi as far as I can recall. All the other long termers got a plug at some point.

I can see his point regarding DCE's attitude if that is exactly how it played out. That 2011-2013 team made DCE's job easy and made his transition into NRL football pretty much an armchair ride. He could have shown a bit more humility and bided his time on contract demands (even if it was driven by his agent - he ultimately employs the guy).
This is a bit of a chicken and the egg type of thing. DCE was absolutely brilliant that year. Halves touch the ball more than any other player. I think he has a lot more responsibility for that premiership than choc can ever claim. You can have an epic forward pack and do **** all without a good half. Look at a couple of the dogs teams the last few years.

How come it is just the pro-DCE crowd that know the full story and the imbecile Watmough supporters know nothing? I would take one Watmough over ten DCE's any day of the week. Maybe I should include more swearing in my posts to be more credible/intimidating?!

I am certainly not a DCE fan, in fact I dont like him.

But he is getting blamed for something that is not his fault.

This is a bit of a chicken and the egg type of thing. DCE was absolutely brilliant that year. Halves touch the ball more than any other player. I think he has a lot more responsibility for that premiership than choc can ever claim. You can have an epic forward pack and do **** all without a good half. Look at a couple of the dogs teams the last few years.

At the start of 2011 I had no expectations because of ordinary halves, a bit like this year.

While I do agree, if you look at it from DCE's standpoint.....he came into the NRL, won the Dally M Rookie of the Year, the RPLA Rookie of the Year, the RLIF Halfback of the Year, won the NRL premiership with Manly and got picked in the Kangaroos Four Nations squad. For someone to do all of that in his first year is pretty impressive, even if he did come into first grade with what was already a champion team. If he wasn't any good, even in that Manly team he would have been found out, but he wasn't found out and he was good.

Its not hard to understand why it might have gone to his head a bit. He was hot property. And you can bet his manager would have been seeing $$$$$ in his client.

Last edited:
P.s cherry's deal could of and probably should of been re negotiated down the line. But after 1 year in a superstar team that included watmough and players alike him and his cloth he doesn't have the right to demand 500k upgrades. Cherry was far more successful then he would of been anywhere else, and the team made him look better than he is. You don't see nathan Cleary acting this way, he is biding his time. And best believe he will surpass cherry as a player and in rugby league in every way
I'm sure Cleary probably received a payrise behind closed doors, just done in a respectful manner that hasn't ruined his reputation or made senior players feel disrespected.(mind you not so much a dominating core senior group with prolonged success at the Panthers---not really a like for like good example)

Just to put DCE upgrade in context.

At the exact time Chris Sandow was paid $2.2mil to go to the Eels for 4 years.

Every time I hear his name, I see this homage to his Sponsor's car :rofl:
images

Watmough is passionate about Anthony Watmough & that is where it begins and ends with him. Saying things like “I looked after him, he didn’t want for anything” what the hell does that mean? DCE was unfortunately the first of the next generation of player that the managers control. He was a serious rising star and had nearly every club throwing offers at him after the 2011 GF. So he wanted what he could get on the open market. It was the price of success for Manly. It was a massive gamble for DCE to stay on 80k per year whilst playing for Aus, Qld and winning GF’s. What if he got a knee injury and didn’t recover well, who would sort him then?. DCE may have been a little harsh in negotiations but that is the modern day player. Inglis, papali, tedesco, milford all signed with new clubs then backflipped but no one talks about them. In fact they all play origin.

So Toovey was an arsehole for moving on 3 players who didnt see out the next season with the clubs they signed with on big money. So if this played out the way Choc wanted, DCE would have got 80k while Watmough, G. Stewart and Foran all on big money back ended deals would have all dramatically broke down in more ways than one in the very next year and Manly would have had over 2 million tied up in broken players watching from the stands.

He also forgets that Foran had only one more season in 1st grade than DCE and was on around the 500k mark that DCE was not allowed to get, why was he more deserving? Because he was in Watmoughs clique thats why.

End of the day Watmough is a trailer trash ex parra botox loon, that could have been the most loved player ever to play for the Sea Eagles, unfortunately for him he is an embarrassment to the club and himself and regardless of wether or not DCE is a ****wit Watmough has broke the number 1 rule “you don’t dog the boys” by doing this he has effected every Manly fan and blokes like Tom and Jake. All for what? Because he loves the club & Jackson Hastings? Pfft please.

Best fcken post I’ve read.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11