Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

CorkQld

Reserve Grader
Yeh anyway, Matt at work is gunna have to leave so he can earn more $$$ cause Woolies can't/won't pay him more, so I asked one of the young blokes Keegan, if he'd take a pay cut so we could give it to Matt so he doesn't leave, cause you know we're mates and talk sh*t n that. But the little prick said no and he also reckons he's gunna take the award pay increase when he turns 19. So I called him a f**kwit and everybody better listen to me now. Also I'm waitin on a call from Coles cause I feel sick when I drive past Woolies

Last edited:

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Whilst the headlines are all focused on the usual Chez bashing, I thought that the attack on 2v's character and coaching methods are actually more offensive from Choc :mad:
What really annoyed me was that he also threw David Williams under the bus, basically saying he was the reason we lost that grand final. You win as a team, you lose as a team.
As I remember it, Wolf was devastated after that game and even went "off the grid" for a time. Obviously he didn't get any support from Watmough.

brad

First Grader
This was years ago and however it happened i feel for our captain to have his reputation tarnished out in the public like this . Read it how you want, but any little bit of respect i had for Watmough is gone and he is a deadset dog for doing it like this . He is not only hurting Dce but the club and fans are copping it . This could end up in court.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
I stated DCE was following his agents instructions and never stated DCE sat out a session.

Such a well rounded and intelligent kid who was all about the business far too early, now will probably never win another GF along with not develop his game to the premium level half back he should of been.

Smart short term decisions, dumb long term.

Might make a few dollars promoting "The Secret" on Instagram.

Let's not say some crazy **** now. DCE has been a premium level halfback in 5 seasons and satisfactory in 1 other. I won't sugarcoat 2016 or this season cause they have truly been ****house seasons for him

Last edited:
What really annoyed me was that he also threw David Williams under the bus, basically saying he was the reason we lost that grand final. You win as a team, you lose as a team.
As I remember it, Wolf was devastated after that game and even went "off the grid" for a time. Obviously he didn't get any support from Watmough.
I agree with him, williams didn’t even attempt to jump & catch the ball on 2 occasion for FFS.Even jump & drop the ball who cares we propably would have defended there next 6.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I just cant get over the fact a guy on $800K plus wanted a guy on $75K who had played for Australia and won a comp not to ask for an upgrade.

Yep and the attack on Toovey just confirms my opinion of Watmough, which is sad because he was a champion player here.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Why would Manly throw the kitchen sink at a player that held them to ransom and behaved in that way previously? Obviously Penn and co were comfortable with his actions to sign him. So I call bull****. I can imagine any young bloke who just won a comp and played for Australia on 50K would say the same thing. **** some of you are precious.
What imbecile would blame him for doubling down on negotiations to set himself up for life. Choc is jealous and dumb...a marvellous mix
So choc is dumb because he sacrificed money to be part of something greater than himself? Those sacrifices from players brought our club success. Without selflessness like that in which we had in the core group, we had a decade of dominance. Cherry sends a different message. What's concerning is the effects it has on the rest of the team. Maybe alot of team mates love him because their all about the same thing. Re. Taupau. Perhaps a team full of mercenaries, I dunno. But all I do know is our club culture is **** at the moment. You can see it on the field. Bar a few. Our club captain has to set the tone. What's his?? I've said many of times in the DCE era we wont win another premiership. Time will tell. His contract is 16 percent of the whole cap with percentage increases! And a agreement reportedly for the captaincy. Did he really earn it? And from what I gather he doesn't lose sleep over it. No problems no dramas. Because he is happy putting himself first before the team. I feel sorry for the turbo boys who want success with manly so badly, unfortunately may never get it with cherry at the reigns. 5-8more years!! GO MANLY!

Last edited:

HoldenV8

Journey Man
You know, I said it back at the time all of this went down and I will say it again.....

If anyone had reason to unload on the club, players or coach at that time it was Glenn Stewart after he was pushed out of the club. No doubt Gifty has told people in private such as his family what went on and maybe even some at Souffs know. But he has kept a dignified silence on the subject when it comes to the media and making it public.

Choc, Foran....they were still wanted by Manly yet in the end they $hit all over the club and aired their dirty laundry through the media. And as we've seen, Choc is still doing it.

I find it funny that Choc says he didn't bag the club when he left, yet he clearly remembers other former players and Manly legends coming out in the media and basically telling him to shut up and pull his head in.

Anthony Watmough should remember that without Manly, he would be a nobody from nowhere. He wouldn't have won NRL premierships, wouldn't have played Origin for NSW and wouldn't have played for his country in test football. He would do well to remember who gave him a chance to be a somebody and earn the type of money he did.

qldeagle

Bencher
I stated DCE was following his agents instructions and never stated DCE sat out a session.

Such a well rounded and intelligent kid who was all about the business far too early, now will probably never win another GF along with not develop his game to the premium level half back he should of been.

Smart short term decisions, dumb long term.

Might make a few dollars promoting "The Secret" on Instagram.
He threw the baby out with the bath water I'm afraid.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
So choc is dumb because he sacrificed money to be part of something greater than himself? Those sacrifices from players brought our club success. Without selflessness like that in which we had in the core group, we had a decade of dominance. Cherry sends a different message. What's concerning is the effects it has on the rest of the team. Maybe alot of team mates love him because their all about the same thing. Re. Taupau. Perhaps a team full of mercenaries, I dunno. But all I do know is our club culture is **** at the moment. You can see it on the field. Bar a few. Our club captain has to set the tone. What's his?? I've said many of times in the DCE era we wont win another premiership. Time will tell. His contract is 16 percent of the whole cap with percentage increases! And a agreement reportedly for the captaincy. Did he really earn it? And from what I gather he doesn't lose sleep over it. No problems no dramas. Because he is happy putting himself first before the team. I feel sorry for the turbo boys who want success with manly so badly, unfortunately may never get it with cherry at the reigns. 5-8more years!! GO MANLY!

There was nothing wrong ... and a whole lot right, about Choc giving up a few quid to stay with mates ... albeit in his home town instead of going to Melb ......

But the "selfless: act doesn't then justify standing over a young colleague on peanuts and insist that he too sacrifices some $300k a year for several years to facilitate it ..

tookey

First Grader
I just cant get over the fact a guy on $800K plus wanted a guy on $75K who had played for Australia and won a comp not to ask for an upgrade.

Yep and the attack on Toovey just confirms my opinion of Watmough, which is sad because he was a champion player here.
And wasn't it watmough who said that there were times that he didn't want to get out of the car to go to training? Maybe he was sitting in the car with DCE?

KNUCKLES

Bencher
There was nothing wrong ... and a whole lot right, about Choc giving up a few quid to stay with mates ... albeit in his home town instead of going to Melb ......

But the "selfless: act doesn't then justify standing over a young colleague on peanuts and insist that he too sacrifices some $300k a year for several years to facilitate it ..
The term standing over is a strong one. And highly doubt the extremity of the situation was even remotely close to that. watmough stated he had a conversation with him. Nor did he insist cherry take a pay cut. Cherry was the one that held the team and club ransom in that instance for more money, not because he was losing it. It appears he would tried to walk and not turn up if he didn't get what he wanted, but was happy to sign the deal in the first place funnily enough. Watmough bled manly, cherry does not. Cherry is our captain. I don't condone watmoughs choices of lifestyle or what he has apparently done or not done. But in this matter, my opinion and perspective is favorably in watmoughs corner. His delivery may be untimely and harsh. But it's clearly because his passionate about the club and what it stands for in his eyes

KNUCKLES

Bencher
P.s cherry's deal could of and probably should of been re negotiated down the line. But after 1 year in a superstar team that included watmough and players alike him and his cloth he doesn't have the right to demand 500k upgrades. Cherry was far more successful then he would of been anywhere else, and the team made him look better than he is. You don't see nathan Cleary acting this way, he is biding his time. And best believe he will surpass cherry as a player and in rugby league in every way

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If standing over is considered far too strong and extreme, isn't "holding the team and club to ransom" also extreme?

I think some of these 'facts' (note: in general) are assumptions at best.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
Choc was great for us until 2015, before then he was the personification of the club. However after Gifty didn’t get a contract he acted like a child and basically pi$$ed all over any legacy he set at the club.

Gifty not offered contract - Correct decision

Choc being moved on - correct decision

Club prepared reasonable offer for DCE in 2014 - correct decision, Being offered a lifetime $1M+ contract wrong decision but made due to Foz wanting the stitch the club up and the Penns pulling the offer off the table.

Matai being kept here being denied to go to Warriors - wrong decision but done due to all the negative stuff in 2015 and 2017 we paid a full season for him to do nothing for the club

Kite released- correct decision

Foran - trying to keep him at the club massively wrong decision

Snake - Extension duration was the wrong decision but again done for positive news and we needed to keep some experience at the club.

Most of the players that had a problem with DCE were past their used by date.

As polarising as DCE is, Toovey is nothing but all Manly from head to toe and Choc the hasbeen had to have a go at him. This final point is the reason why it’s Choc thanks for the memories but F Off and keep your opinions to yourself you w@nker. Good on Joel for calling him out on it.

Most sensible post on this ****house thread.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
If standing over is considered far too strong and extreme, isn't "holding the team and club to ransom" also extreme?

I think some of these 'facts' (note: in general) are assumptions at best.
Stand over is a term related to violence.
Ransom is a term related to situations where someone wants money for something in return. I think ransom is suitable. Yes violence can be associated with it but not in all instances. But what other words can I use to explain the dealings in the matter?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Stand over is a term related to violence.
Ransom is a term related to situations where someone wants money for something in return. I think ransom is suitable. Yes violence can be associated with it but not in all instances. But what other words can I use to explain the dealings in the matter?

OK, I see what you're saying.

Other words... Well I wasn't there so I don't know what was said or done or the severity of it all but I guess someone more on the "DCE side" of things would suggest... "re-negotiation"

?

I'm standing over....
A four leaf clover....

and then shot it

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15