Walker upgraded, Green to be extended beyond 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Manly was 3rd in the comp for total tries scored and 2nd = on tries per match, so it would suggest that the 2 go hand in hand fairly well

We basically had blow out games where we piled on points, and then games where we struggled to put on 20.
There was little or no consistency and we struggled getting over the line when in the red zone.
I would like to know the breakup of tries scored from inside the red zone vs outside the red zone?

We basically had blow out games where we piled on points, and then games where we struggled to put on 20.
There was little or no consistency and we struggled getting over the line when in the red zone.
I would like to know the breakup of tries scored from inside the red zone vs outside the red zone?

Not sure where to find those stats, only know the basics, but from memory at 1 point in the season we were leading the comp in long range tries so a fair few from outside

The biggest issue in 2017 was indeed consistency, however IMO I reckon that will improve the longer the side is together.

TBaz made a recent comment that the team in 2018 will be “ similar “, suggesting not too many changes.

That’s a good thing, they’ll learn, and exiting in round 1 of the finals will be a big shock to their systems that they’ll want to improve on.

A bit more discipline and maturity would not go astray for next season either and this may also help with providing the improved consistency required for better outcomes . The side again for the most part of last season showed that they were more then capable of scoring tries and could often defend really well for extended periods but again the general consistency in defence let Manly down at some vital times . A more mature attitude and better controlled aggression should make Manly even more competitive next season and tn be able to maintain that important consistency .

A bit more discipline and maturity would not go astray for next season either and this may also help with providing the improved consistency required for better outcomes . The side again for the most part of last season showed that they were more then capable of scoring tries and could often defend really well for extended periods but again the general consistency in defence let Manly down at some vital times . A more mature attitude and better controlled aggression should make Manly even more competitive next season and tn be able to maintain that important consistency .

Dissapoinment creates hunger, hunger drives performance.

Believe it or not De$ Ha$ler once used those words when I was having a chat with him at the 2007 GF “ celebration” post match at the Leagues club.

It was then I knew we’d play again in the 2008 GF.

The whole point about the debate in the title of this thread is extending Green beyond 2018. I don't think it's a wise move personally given his age and the cap space he will take on what is likely going to be a back ended deal. I agree that a lot of our disappointments in the season were due to ill discipline, turning the ball over in our own quarter and putting ourselves under a lot of undue pressure. Our attack though at times was potent. Green season reflected exactly how our team went.. Hot and cold. Great 40/20s, stabilising kicks etc then no where to be seen... Also to say that DCE had a great season because of Green is also overstating the facts.. DCE was more consistent than Green ever was throughout the whole season and played blinders when Green was AWOL..

I don't think that was the case at all. We scored over 20 in at least 3 of every four games. Games we lost we often managed to still score over 20 and the low scoring, tight games we generally won eg 18-12 over roosters.

Our Attack is fine. Thompson will help balance the forward workload out, and will help solidify our edge defence.

Green gives us more chances to score points also, 80% of his kicks got repeat sets, better than a what you would get from a running 6 like Moylan who wouldn't kick and would probably come up with points 25% of the time.

I don't think that was the case at all. We scored over 20 in at least 3 of every four games. Games we lost we often managed to still score over 20 and the low scoring, tight games we generally won eg 18-12 over roosters.

Our Attack is fine. Thompson will help balance the forward workload out, and will help solidify our edge defence.

I think you'll find we had around 9 games less than 20!

I'm sorry to say but it wasn't a 36 game season this year

I think you'll find we had around 9 games less than 20!

I'm sorry to say but it wasn't a 36 game season this year
We had 10, including our finals game

I picked a random team out of the top 4 to compare, the roosters were that pick. In 13 of their 26 total games (2 finals games) they scored less than 20 points. Our attack is not, and never really was an issue

We had 10, including our finals game

I picked a random team out of the top 4 to compare, the roosters were that pick. In 13 of their 26 total games (2 finals games) they scored less than 20 points. Our attack is not, and never really was an issue

Well we can agree to disagree.
I watched every game this year and i was consistently frustrated with our attack, particularly in the red zone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10