Walker upgraded, Green to be extended beyond 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nsfer-fee-on-his-release-20170928-gyqjcn.html

The club has pulled out of the Moylan race after we have upgraded Walker and look to be extending Green beyond 2018. Im honestly not to sad, Moylan would have been nice but a big risk. Great work if we have upgraded Walker he deserves to stay here long term. As for Green possibly extending great stuff, I think he had a great year with us and he and Daly have an obviously strong bond and halves partnership, if we can lock him up another 2 year after 18 Id be pleased. Would give time to Wright and Metcalf to grow and I think we will see both in first grade in the near future, possibly Cust aswell whenever Green and Cherry are out.

I still dont understand why there is so much hate for Green on here, he isnt a Michael Morgan running 6, he was brought over to bring the best out in Daly and give a level headed, cool, calm, collected organizational quality Five-Eight and a perfect foil for Cherry. He and Cherry are one of the top 5 halves combos in the comp, and are aswell the best defensive halves pairing in the comp. With a bit more security around our main playmakers for a number of years I dont see why we cant win a premiership next year or in 2 years,

That's great news. The reason I was so desperate to get Moylan was because I felt we'd not have Green beyond 2018 and would be forced to find a replacement of which'd probably be ****. If we can have him not long-term but long enough to find a suitable replacement im more than happy. Great news with Walker as well, glad he seems to love it here, just hoping he recovers well and quick

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nsfer-fee-on-his-release-20170928-gyqjcn.html

The club has pulled out of the Moylan race after we have upgraded Walker and look to be extending Green beyond 2018. Im honestly not to sad, Moylan would have been nice but a big risk. Great work if we have upgraded Walker he deserves to stay here long term. As for Green possibly extending great stuff, I think he had a great year with us and he and Daly have an obviously strong bond and halves partnership, if we can lock him up another 2 year after 18 Id be pleased. Would give time to Wright and Metcalf to grow and I think we will see both in first grade in the near future, possibly Cust aswell whenever Green and Cherry are out.

I still dont understand why there is so much hate for Green on here, he isnt a Michael Morgan running 6, he was brought over to bring the best out in Daly and give a level headed, cool, calm, collected organizational quality Five-Eight and a perfect foil for Cherry. He and Cherry are one of the top 5 halves combos in the comp, and are aswell the best defensive halves pairing in the comp. With a bit more security around our main playmakers for a number of years I dont see why we cant win a premiership next year or in 2 years,
Mostly agree apart from Green being a top defensive pairing,can go missing in defence and a bit of a jersey puller.His level head and kicking is up their with the best of current halvings though.

Green's and Walker's defensive issues need lots of work @:cool:

Green's extension will allow time for the Cust/Wright to develop their skills and step up to NRL :nod:

Not sure about the need for Walker upgrade? I thought that he was here till end of 2019 anyway :think:
Shoulder and ankle surgeries can't be good for his impact @:cool:

Last edited:

Well this is just depressing..............

Giving up on Moylan ............and also extending Green!
Couldn't think of a much worse result!!!

I need a drink!!!:sob:

Bodes well in regards to Walkers injury.
Hmmm hopefully! Don't want another upgrade - then medical retirement saga! Those injuries can be life changing (in regard to top line football). But in saying that in my early morning head fog, i must applaud the club for showing, and upgrading, in good faith! He's only young so fingers crossed he bounces back quickly.

From the article:
Also complicating the pursuit of Moylan is the fact he has a $250,000-a-year registered third-party deal in place that is unlikely to be transferred to another club.

This is how TPAs are a rort, if a TPA purports to tie a player to a certain club then it should be recognised for what it is - as part of his contract - and included in the salary cap.

Green's and Walker's defensive issues need lots of work @:cool:

Green's extension will allow time for the Cust/Wright to develop their skills and step up to NRL :nod:

Not sure about the need for Walker upgrade? I thought that he was here till end of 2019 anyway :think:
Shoulder and ankle surgeries can't be good for his impact @:cool:

Yes both walker and green are not great defenders however the signing of thompson if it happens will stiffen up one side of the ruck he is an excellent defender.

From the article:
Also complicating the pursuit of Moylan is the fact he has a $250,000-a-year registered third-party deal in place that is unlikely to be transferred to another club.

This is how TPAs are a rort, if a TPA purports to tie a player to a certain club then it should be recognised for what it is - as part of his contract - and included in the salary cap.

the bongos would go bust

Have the people who are pleased with Green's extension been watching the full 80 minutes of every Manly game this season.....?

People keep quoting stats .........most forced line drop outs (what 20+?) , a few 40/20s in a season of 24 games.....................

What about the countless poor kicks he put in, and there were plenty ...and many at critical times.....when we were chasing games and needed repeat sets.
He is pretty much AWOL in the last 20 minutes of every game.
He can't tackle.
He hasn't got much of a running game, he hasn't got much of a passing game, he's on the slow side of slow, everything he does is pretty predictable.

Seems many fans have decided that DCE needs someone to hold his hand and that someone is Green!!
Where does that come from?

DCE & Foran were the best half combination in the game!
Sure, Walker didn't work out, but that was all about Walker and not much about DCE needing a f***ing guide dog!

I cant believe Manly (or anyone else) think Green should have a place in the team after 2018!!!

Anyway that's my daily rant!@:mad:
I've been drinking.

Ive got no hate for green, hes a really solid player for us.

I just wish he'd kick a little later in the set a little more often.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8