Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Some off the cuff thoughts - I think it will be difficult for Dylan to pursue what you’re contemplating (eg, is it the charges or the stand down that caused him loss??? Not to mention establishing loss would be hard unless he had a contract pulled because of the stand down).

He is much better served getting out there and playing like the centre everyone knows he can be. 4 games of stellar form will more than likely restore his value on the market. In this respect he can take control of his future, unlike JDB who simply has to wait and see...

I also think attempting to sue later when he signs a new contract is leaving it too late. If De Bellin wins, he does have some grounds to sue, not so much in terms of direct income which he would have been paid anyway, but as regards his reputation being laid low and therefore potentially affecting future contracts not only with clubs but with sponsors. I know there are cases where people have sued employers on similar grounds but they weren't being paid, and the court awarded them compensation, not only for wages not received but also for wrongful dismissal. I was personally in an Industrial Law case where an employee continued to be paid, but could not perform his duties, and was forced to drive daily over 100 kms to and from a designated location which was not his original office for almost 2 years on spurious charges. He was actually pensioned off on psychological grounds determined to have been a direct consequence. He sued the Department and was awarded $30,000

The police bodycam footage I referred to is of them speaking to the victim when they arrived at the scene. Likewise, the 000 call is the victim herself stating the situation at the time.

Yes, retraction and qualification of statements happens all the time - generally, when the situation cools down, there’s a rapprochement between the two parties, and the consequences for both are understood.

It hinges on this - had the victim stuck by her original, contemporaneous statements - we wouldn’t be discussing this now. Because those statements correlated with what other witnesses observed to be occurring at the time - it would’ve been victim + witnesses vs defendant, and a very different result. Victim + defendant vs witnesses swayed the balance away from beyond reasonable doubt.

Draw whatever conclusions you want from that.

Accepted regarding the bodycam evidence, but it also is not witnessing the incident, which is what the magistrate must focus on. And I'm sure that there are occasions when victims are swayed by vested interests etc. But we cannot read the mind of the victim and nor can the magistrate and it is unfair to assert that is what happened. Making assumptions may be a fun game after the event, but the court deals with facts, not assumptions.

Accepted regarding the bodycam evidence, but it also is not witnessing the incident, which is what the magistrate must focus on. And I'm sure that there are occasions when victims are swayed by vested interests etc. But we cannot read the mind of the victim and nor can the magistrate and it is unfair to assert that is what happened. Making assumptions may be a fun game after the event, but the court deals with facts, not assumptions.
Courts don't judge on whether someone is a dickhead.

As far as Manly is concerned.., Dylan’s availability is great news. We are most certainly a better side with him on the park. The not guilty verdict may will also heap a little extra pressure on Monsieur incompetent, which is a bonus. However, when I take my one eyed Many beer goggles off, it becomes very apparent that Dylan should be counting his lucky stars. @yokahontas is a female supporter who also happens to eork on the front line in our nations biggest city, and I think her argument is sound... she’s always respectful, and whether I happen to agree or disagree with her opinion on any particular issue... I always look forward to her contribution.

Several things can be true at once:

• Walker and his partner had an argument
  • The argument got heated
  • He touched her in some manner and she had an awkward fall
  • In the heat of the moment she felt attacked
  • After the fact she didn't think it was worth ruining their family over
  • Walker has a rich history of carrying on like a dickhead
  • The NRL overreacted
  • Everyone should have a good lie down and be glad it's over
  • People with horrible abuse stories in their own history should stop projecting

I also think attempting to sue later when he signs a new contract is leaving it too late. If De Bellin wins, he does have some grounds to sue, not so much in terms of direct income which he would have been paid anyway, but as regards his reputation being laid low and therefore potentially affecting future contracts not only with clubs but with sponsors. I know there are cases where people have sued employers on similar grounds but they weren't being paid, and the court awarded them compensation, not only for wages not received but also for wrongful dismissal. I was personally in an Industrial Law case where an employee continued to be paid, but could not perform his duties, and was forced to drive daily over 100 kms to and from a designated location which was not his original office for almost 2 years on spurious charges. He was actually pensioned off on psychological grounds determined to have been a direct consequence. He sued the Department and was awarded $30,000
JDB’s situation is the far more egregious of the two in terms of the impact of the NRL’s stand down rule.

I will read the decision in full because I think it will be really, really interesting.

I'm not going to get into the nuts and bolts of what happened with Walker and his misses and then in court. He's been found not guilty in court and now the NRL have zero reason to keep him out.

The question is, when he is allowed back in, who misses out? Because remember a couple of weeks ago Des basically said that as soon as Walker was allowed back in, he'd be straight back into the side. My feeling is that it'll be Suli since he's the one on the right where Walker usually plays.

Just to add fuel to the fire, my understanding of the 'no fault' rule was conditioned that it applies to matters that carry a maximum sentence of 11 years or more. Certainly in De Bellins case the maximum penalty for rape or serious sexual assault carries a 14 year sentence. But in Walker's case the charge was Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm. That charge carries a 2 year maximum in the local court and five years in district court. What I would ask is if I am interpreting this 'No fault' policy correctly, how is it that Walker was suspended in the first place. I wonder, if I am right, whether the Sea Eagles considered this issue.

Just to add fuel to the fire, my understanding of the 'no fault' rule was conditioned that it applies to matters that carry a maximum sentence of 11 years or more. Certainly in De Bellins case the maximum penalty for rape or serious sexual assault carries a 14 year sentence. But in Walker's case the charge was Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm. That charge carries a 2 year maximum in the local court and five years in district court. What I would ask is if I am interpreting this 'No fault' policy correctly, how is it that Walker was suspended in the first place. I wonder, if I am right, whether the Sea Eagles considered this issue.

The so-called ‘no fault’ rule is automatic stand down where the maximum sentence is 11 years or more, stand down at the NRL’s discretion where it’s less than that.

Not Guilty sure. Lucky Boy. Interesting that the judge still left the AVO active till June I believe.

When its all said and done the Club has suffered thanks to DW acting like a DH. Not the first time and perhaps not the last ( god i hope he sorts himself out). DW should front the members of this club and apologize for his behavior.

Get him back playing for a contract as soon as possible. He ows this club some Rep performances this year....

Not Guilty sure. Lucky Boy. Interesting that the judge still left the AVO active till June I believe.

When its all said and done the Club has suffered thanks to DW acting like a DH. Not the first time and perhaps not the last ( god i hope he sorts himself out). DW should front the members of this club and apologize for his behavior.

Get him back playing for a contract as soon as possible. He ows this club some Rep performances this year....

Are you saying he's not the Messiah, he's just a …...

As far as Manly is concerned.., Dylan’s availability is great news. We are most certainly a better side with him on the park. The not guilty verdict may will also heap a little extra pressure on Monsieur incompetent, which is a bonus. However, when I take my one eyed Many beer goggles off, it becomes very apparent that Dylan should be counting his lucky stars. @yokahontas is a female supporter who also happens to eork on the front line in our nations biggest city, and I think her argument is sound... she’s always respectful, and whether I happen to agree or disagree with her opinion on any particular issue... I always look forward to her contribution.

Thanks @Kevinward777 - although I’m down south of Wollongong these days, not in Sydney (and very happy to not be in Sydney anymore!)

Nonetheless, people carrying on about ‘me too’ irks me, because (any personal background experiences aside) I see numerous DV cases every single shift I work. More often than not, the story’s changed by the time it gets to court; in probably a lot more cases than you think, the story changes even between the 000 call and the ambulance/police arriving.

People think you’ve come down in the last shower and have never seen the “I walked into a door” scenario before, let alone half a dozen times already this shift! Or, just for a change, “nothing to see here, we didn’t call the ambulance!” No - your bloody neighbours did, because they saw the assault in progress!

Thanks @Kevinward777 - although I’m down south of Wollongong these days, not in Sydney (and very happy to not be in Sydney anymore!)

Nonetheless, people carrying on about ‘me too’ irks me, because (any personal background experiences aside) I see numerous DV cases every single shift I work. More often than not, the story’s changed by the time it gets to court; in probably a lot more cases than you think, the story changes even between the 000 call and the ambulance/police arriving.

People think you’ve come down in the last shower and have never seen the “I walked into a door” scenario before, let alone half a dozen times already this shift! Or, just for a change, “nothing to see here, we didn’t call the ambulance!” No - your bloody neighbours did, because they saw the assault in progress!

Yes I saw the same thing at Bankstown Court Yoka. More often than not the couple arrived together and left with the matter dismissed. Must drive police bonkers. But it does work, if only to let the guilty party know action will be taken if required and when it works, especially with designated, usually female, support officers, who help the victims through the process who want to proceed, it can save some from a life of violence.

By the way where south of Wollongong are you headed? I've often thought of moving to Bateman's Bay.

Yes I saw the same thing at Bankstown Court Yoka. More often than not the couple arrived together and left with the matter dismissed. Must drive police bonkers. But it does work, if only to let the guilty party know action will be taken if required and when it works, especially with designated, usually female, support officers, who help the victims through the process who want to proceed, it can save some from a life of violence.

By the way where south of Wollongong are you headed? I've often thought of moving to Bateman's Bay.

I’m not that far south - Shellharbour. But the whole coastline is great, such a lifestyle improvement over Sydney. I went from a sometimes 2 hour commute to/from work to less than 10 minutes.

“The no-fault stand-down applying to Manly player Dylan Walker has expired following the completion of his court case,” the NRL said.

FYI no one needs to apply for anything. Yes immediately available.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8