Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
And some of us are mighty sick of the garbage idea that someone can’t be a tool because they wear a Manly jersey. And that goes for fans as well as players; there are oxygen thieves in both categories.

I still understand your point, and I know the **** you've gone through personally. But, given all the evidence from all parties, there wasn't enough to convict.

Her partner is still with her.

Can't you move forward and just support him now?

47MVEagle

Bencher
I daresay one Dylan Walker will be breathing huge sighs of relief & thanking his lucky stars now.

I hope for his & his family's sake that he takes this opportunity to reassess his priorities & behave in a manner more suitable to a young man of his age & situation & stays out of trouble both onfield & off from here on out.

I dont get this "I told you so" slinging match going on over the last few pages, the way I see it is Walker is a loose cannon & has not learned from past events (drug overdose, doorpunching, sledging Curtis Scott to the point of punches thrown but not being prepared to defend himself, etc.).

This was simply natural progression of his previous unchecked behaviour, hopefully he'll have gotten enough of a fright out of the potential outcome & stays squeaky clean from now on.

That doesnt make me a white ant or a faceless hero sitting behind a computer screen, it just means I think he has sailed pretty close to the wind in this latest incident & hope he makes the effort to channel his aggression effectively onfield & stays frosty off it.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I daresay one Dylan Walker will be breathing huge sighs of relief & thanking his lucky stars now.

I hope for his & his family's sake that he takes this opportunity to reassess his priorities & behave in a manner more suitable to a young man of his age & situation & stays out of trouble both onfield & off from here on out.

I dont get this "I told you so" slinging match going on over the last few pages, the way I see it is Walker is a loose cannon & has not learned from past events (drug overdose, doorpunching, sledging Curtis Scott to the point of punches thrown but not being prepared to defend himself, etc.).

This was simply natural progression of his previous unchecked behaviour, hopefully he'll have gotten enough of a fright out of the potential outcome & stays squeaky clean from now on.

That doesnt make me a white ant or a faceless hero sitting behind a computer screen, it just means I think he has sailed pretty close to the wind in this latest incident & hope he makes the effort to channel his aggression effectively onfield & stays frosty off it.
Great post... good on ya.

Kevinward777

First Grader

Balance... how good is a balanced perspective.

yokahontas

Bencher
I still understand your point, and I know the **** you've gone through personally. But, given all the evidence from all parties, there wasn't enough to convict.

Her partner is still with her.

Can't you move forward and just support him now?

Read what @47MVEagle wrote below. Sums it up, really. And no, I won’t support someone who clearly has behaved poorly, on more than just this latest occasion, until and unless there’s some remorse, taking of responsibility, and changed behaviour exhibited. AFB is actually turning out to be a really good example of those things; Dylan Walker is not.

yokahontas

Bencher
OK...sounds like you broke ST protocol to me, but I will leave it up to others to provide clarity.
Give it a break, you are a very thoughtful and intelligent contributor....but please stop reading your own press.
Dylan is a great bloke, I can vouch for it

Because you’ve met him once or twice? Big deal. Anthony Watmough was never anything but polite whenever I came across him, does that mean he didn’t behave like a deadsh*t, at times publicly, towards the mother of his two eldest kids? Or carry on like a pork chop towards other people at club functions?

I’m sure the Jovial church that have accepted my child molester relative into their fold would vouch that he’s a great bloke too.

TimmyQ

Bencher
Because you’ve met him once or twice? Big deal. Anthony Watmough was never anything but polite whenever I came across him, does that mean he didn’t behave like a deadsh*t, at times publicly, towards the mother of his two eldest kids? Or carry on like a pork chop towards other people at club functions?

I’m sure the Jovial church that have accepted my child molester relative into their fold would vouch that he’s a great bloke too.
Yikes!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I’m basing my opinion off the 000 call, what’s been shown of the police bodycam footage, and the neighbours’ statements - all of which are now part of the public record.

The fact that (the usual) public reconciliation and withdrawing of accusations took place doesn’t mean absolutely reprehensible behaviour didn’t take place; it means the case came down to he + she said vs what other witnesses/evidence said, and made ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ a tough ask.

Still more than happy for him to look elsewhere for his next contract, because there sure as hell won’t be any learning from the latest bout of zero consequences. The next one can be someone else’s problem.

The point is this. The magistrate, who had far more information and experience in these matters than we do, determined that the evidence supplied was insufficient to come to a determination of guilt. The magistrate is apparently unconvinced that what the witnesses saw, was what they determined to be happening. She would have discounted anything more than what they observed, not an interpretation of what they observed which is inadmissible, and that the offender and alleged victim would have a far better idea of what occurred. She can only go on the evidence supplied and she determined that, without disputing what the witnesses saw, they could not have been close enough to make a judgement as to whether he pulled her hair or grabbed her shoulder and accidentally pulled the hair, (quite reasonable if you think about it) and what actually caused her to fall. The police evidence is limited to the phone call. They did not witness the incident and therefore anything they report is based on post observation and what witnesses claim to have seen.

Now what the alleged victim is saying is quite feasible, as is what Walker claimed. The fact that the alleged victim qualified some descriptions of the event later on again is not sufficient evidence to suggest she was covering up for Walker. Changing statements is actually quite frequently done, and does not inherently mean an attempt at deception. Many times victims make statements in the heat of the moment and then on reflection realise what they thought happened was not quite as they reported. Happens a lot. There was insufficient evidence to suggest he had assaulted his partner. Whether he did or didn't only the gods, and the couple involved know for certain. Anything we now say is pure conjecture and that is something we may think, but we have no right to state it publicly. The case has been determined full stop.

Class of 96

Bencher
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...we’re up in 35 minutes...I feel like a Tooheys or two

8D21A576-BCB8-4A52-85F2-00B668D8F06F.png

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Is anyone else concerned that the NRL will now suspend Walker?

The “no fault stand down” is sold by them as not a suspension or a punishment. Although it would seem logical, for them to say Walker has served time logic is not the NRL’s strong suit and by saying that they just might be admitting that the “no fault stand down” BS actually is a punishment. I hope not, but I reckon there’s a good chance they’ll give him a couple of weeks now, because although no guilty of criminal charges I think he hasn’t covered himself in glory the way he behaved. Greenberg is already paving the way for this in his statement.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
What happened between Dylan and his wife is s personal matter between them, but it appears that he wasn’t acting like the best father or husband for his partner and I would like to see him publicly apologise to his family.

He can also apologise to the club and the fans that have stood by him, as he brought this upon himself. Did he deserve to be stood down with no guilty verdict....Definitely not, did he deserve to be dressed down by the club and made to do some type of therapy, yes.

I would then like to see Toad and his mate publicly apologise to our club and to the game in general for taking the legal system into its own hands.

Judges are judges for reason. NRL CEO’s have no place thinking they are a judge. The same way a judge couldn’t run the NRL.

Toad should stand down sooner rather than later and do us all a favour.

yokahontas

Bencher
The point is this. The magistrate, who had far more information and experience in these matters than we do, determined that the evidence supplied was insufficient to come to a determination of guilt. The magistrate is apparently unconvinced that what the witnesses saw, was what they determined to be happening. She would have discounted anything more than what they observed, not an interpretation of what they observed which is inadmissible, and that the offender and alleged victim would have a far better idea of what occurred. She can only go on the evidence supplied and she determined that, without disputing what the witnesses saw, they could not have been close enough to make a judgement as to whether he pulled her hair or grabbed her shoulder and accidentally pulled the hair, (quite reasonable if you think about it) and what actually caused her to fall. The police evidence is limited to the phone call. They did not witness the incident and therefore anything they report is based on post observation and what witnesses claim to have seen.

Now what the alleged victim is saying is quite feasible, as is what Walker claimed. The fact that the alleged victim qualified some descriptions of the event later on again is not sufficient evidence to suggest she was covering up for Walker. Changing statements is actually quite frequently done, and does not inherently mean an attempt at deception. Many times victims make statements in the heat of the moment and then on reflection realise what they thought happened was not quite as they reported. Happens a lot. There was insufficient evidence to suggest he had assaulted his partner. Whether he did or didn't only the gods, and the couple involved know for certain. Anything we now say is pure conjecture and that is something we may think, but we have no right to state it publicly. The case has been determined full stop.

The police bodycam footage I referred to is of them speaking to the victim when they arrived at the scene. Likewise, the 000 call is the victim herself stating the situation at the time.

Yes, retraction and qualification of statements happens all the time - generally, when the situation cools down, there’s a rapprochement between the two parties, and the consequences for both are understood.

It hinges on this - had the victim stuck by her original, contemporaneous statements - we wouldn’t be discussing this now. Because those statements correlated with what other witnesses observed to be occurring at the time - it would’ve been victim + witnesses vs defendant, and a very different result. Victim + defendant vs witnesses swayed the balance away from beyond reasonable doubt.

Draw whatever conclusions you want from that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14