Vale - Noel Kelly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
This evening we learned that Noel Kelly ex Western Suburbs player from their great era in the 1960s and also captain and coach of Wests in that eras and also a distinguished career as a Kangaroo.

My memories of him are his time with Rex Mossop on controversy corner on Channel 7 in the 70s and early 80s, where every week they would debate the topics of the day in rugby league and pulled no punches while doing it.

I understand that Noel also lived on the northern beaches for a great part of his life and is well loved on the peninsula.

Vale - Noel Kelly!

So sad to hear this news.He also had a butcher shop in Narrabeen near my old high school.We used to see him there in his butchers truck most afternoons whilst waiting for our school bus to Elanora and talk about Rugby League and stuff - he was a real character .Only saw him again the other day on a replay of Foxtel show League Immortals. RIP mate !

And Collaroy Plateau, and Narrabeen. I suspected he had one in Dee Why too.
I went to High School with his son Paul. Lived above Long Reef beach.

When I first got married I rented a house off him in Allambie Hts. I now live up on the Central Coast and played indoor cricket with Paul about 20 years ago. I assume he still lives up here. Good bloke.

R.I.P Noel Kelly. My condolences to his family. One of the original tough guys and a great bloke. I used to love his battles with Rex and the other panel members on the original Controversy Corner. A loss of another great legend

Tough and very well respected warrior during his era from all reports . Apparently a regular representative player and never took a backward step at any level and played some matches as a hooker as well to show his versatility . Recall a story where he was lured to a region in Nth Qld back in the day in a four club comp and one of the requirements for the local league ;s financial situation was that he had to be shared between the four clubs during the course of the season . Not too sure how it worked out in the final's stage but no doubt he was a true professional and managed the situation accordingly . Wonderful icon for the code .

As an old Ipswich boy it’s sad to see him go. In the 60s Ned was part of an all Ipswich Australian front row including the grandfather of Matt, Gary Parcell. My old man was a great mate of his and ive never heard a bad word spoken of the big man.
RIP.

And Collaroy Plateau, and Narrabeen. I suspected he had one in Dee Why too.
I went to High School with his son Paul. Lived above Long Reef beach.
Remember him well, yes lived above long reef..... great (drinking ) mate of my Dad. He gave dad a jersey, he was such a big bloke it was like a full length dress on my sister. Given it wasn't Manly I never wore it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8