Upgrade Barrett now!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Why does everyone keep suggesting we need a goal kicker. On the weekend that was a shank plain and simple but he’s kicked some tough ones too. And if you want to talk stats he’s kicking at 82%. He’s 7th out of kickers that have taken more than 20 shots. And it’s a ****load better percentage than we’ve had in years. I don’t recall killer ever being over 80%

Edit: for reference jarrod Croker who I consider a great kicker is at 80% and the great jt is at 73%

Because it's an asset for a player to have. What happens if DCE picks up a minor leg injury?

Wonder if this thread will eclipse the Foran thread before he finally goes.

It’s going well so far isn’t it.

But as I’ve stated it’s a very moot point considering he’s just been extended and I doubt Penn has a spare 2.4 Million to pay him out.

So my old mate @strone33 can post as many “ Sack Barrett’s” as he likes but nothing is happening anytime soon!!

Yes, but h

But as I’ve stated it’s a very moot point considering he’s just been extended and I doubt Penn has a spare 2.4 Million to pay him out.

So my old mate @strone33 can post as many “ Sack Barrett’s” as he likes but nothing is happening anytime soon!!
Yes, but I guess he sleeps well knowing that everyday is one day closer 'til Barrett is either sacked, quits or is not renewed .....

Mark. I have no idea what Barrett is on moneywise. Does that 2.4 mill you mention means he is on 800k per year ? Couldn’t be that much could it ? I would have thought about 350 to 400 Max but as I said I have no idea.

He's the most influential player in Parra's squad, he can play 5/8, kicks goals and is a Manly junior. I'd be offering him the keys to the club to get him back.
No doubt a good player. Spends more time with the rehab team than the NRL one. No need to add more unless we looking to break records i.e. most acl injuries in one year.

Because it's an asset for a player to have. What happens if DCE picks up a minor leg injury?

DCE really shouldn’t be shanking these from right in front. Did Jamie Lyon ever do this?

And what about the number of kick-offs that DCE has sent out on the full when the pressure is on. And the penalty kicks for touch that fail to find the line.

Mark. I have no idea what Barrett is on moneywise. Does that 2.4 mill you mention means he is on 800k per year ? Couldn’t be that much could it ? I would have thought about 350 to 400 Max but as I said I have no idea.
Reported 500k a season

Is it really that hard for Baz and DCE to work on a game plan that focuses on building pressure with repeat sets of 6 from our kicking game

can we be well drilled to capitalise on this opportunity using the likes of Taupau, Lane, Thompson etc running some nice lines etc

Why is it we are not capable of the simple effective things

No depth on our edges in attack

No structure just headless chickens

Serious Baz

We are lucky that DCE doesn't seem to get many injuries. If he was to be sidelined, we still have Matt Wright who kicks well, and apparently Jake can boot them from anywhere. Besides this, it seems we just don't have the money to spend.

When you keep picking the same losing team, without trying to find alternatives, then the coach/selector must bear the brunt of the blame for the lack of success.
Twenty is now in that position.
I want him to search for answers by putting in some new faces. I know the type of performance we'll get if we keep selecting this 17.

Neither do I, but I guessed $600k for 4 years , but it’s only a guess!!

All this talk of DCE goal kicking. He doesn’t appear to be a natural kicker, at all...looks very uncomfortable. If we sign Hoddo, goal kicking duties are instantly his. Not interested in DCE’s percentage this year...shank or no shank. Cherry ain’t no goal kicker.

DCE really shouldn’t be shanking these from right in front. Did Jamie Lyon ever do this?

And what about the number of kick-offs that DCE has sent out on the full when the pressure is on. And the penalty kicks for touch that fail to find the line.

Every kicker has an easy one that they have stuffed up. I remember watching a Semi-Final between Illawarra and St George back in 1992 and from about 10 metres out dead in front of the black dot.....Rod Wishart missed by about 5 metres to the right of the posts. I can still hear Fatty in the background in the commentary box saying "How in hell did he miss that??".

Even the great Matthew Ridge shanked a few in his day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11