[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
Certainly not a great way to start the season. Our #9 still stood down and now our best player out for 4 to 6 weeks.

When rumours of Turbo doing his hammy broke a couple of weeks ago, I was alright, onwards and upwards, if we are without him, we are without him. It is what it is. Last year will have made us stronger.

Watching what I will dub "Turbo's illegal street racing", and then seeing that "dejected soul" front the cameras today.

FMD I don't know about you, but I'm deflated.

I can't help but think the real injury here is psychology. We know how the team reacted last year.

Then watching Tommy T speak and hey this isn't even the hammy with the pre existing damage he has been rehabbing, it's now the other bloody one.

Where will his confidence with his hammy's be at, in 6 weeks when he is back on the field?

Just quietly the flack he is coping for his sprint session on the turps, and perceived dishonesty of saying he done it in the shower. It might just add to the weight Tommy is carrying when he returns.

I won't be surprised if it's quite some time before we see the Turbo again, long after Tom Trbojevic returns to the field..

I really think we need to get used to the idea of needing to do this without him. And if we have the Turbo back at some stage this year it's a bonus.

Last edited:
So she rings me up from Surfers and says, yes it’s bull****. Tommy was half pissed when he raced "Harry" and didn’t realise the damage until the next day.
The spin doctors took over. But apparently Tommy is gutted he had to lie.
Make of that what you will?
Sounds plausible. Then again, maybe Turbo didn't realize his hammie was damaged till he slipped in the bathroom the next day :clap:

It appears the demon booze is the root cause of 99% of all off season problems, including self inflicted injuries such as Thommo's in 2019-20. Only one solution - a total alcohol ban for all NRL players (joking, of course).

I think it's time to renegotiate Turbos contract. Make it appearance based.

Give him 520k base rate (pretty sure he can live on 10k per week pre tax). Then make it 20k per game played. If he plays the season he gets his 1.1m. If he plays 10 games it's 200k. Potentially frees up some cash each year for upgrades etc. Best case plays every game and we get that value for money.
Ha, you know you cant just decide to renegotiate?

The options are pay him or let him negotiate elsewhere and pay some of the freight.

yet another example of horrible retention and recruitment from the club.

Is Turbo a nice guy, absolutely he is..
Should he have been offered a massive contract like he has, 100% not. Terrible decision. Decisions about players futures need to be done clinically, taking into account ALL factors, talent and durability top of the list. Contracts should never be offered with emotional attachments. Decisions need to be about what’s best for the CLUB, not player.

Once again Manly and many fans are being short changed by sh!thouse decisions made by the recruitment team.

So easy to be critical in hindsight.

When Turbo resigned he'd had one season disrupted by injury...the previous three season he missed 5 games in total

Can we not lose sight of the fact that at this stage we are looking at 3 games......3 games.

And yes yes I know you will all jump up and down " history has shown it will be 46 games" yada yada yada

But at this stage the info we have to hand indicates 3 games, maybe lets all just take a deep breath and wet the bed when it warrants wetting

Someone mentioned elsewhere in the forum that he should be free to run around like any other normal 24 year old...but...he is being paid 1.1m a year to play football. With that comes a responsibility to be sensible and do the right thing to ensure he is fit to perform for the 1.1m he is paid.

Kids are not allowed to run around on concrete in the school yard because everyone knows it is dangerous...they aren't getting paid anything to be sensible. Tom T is cashed up and the idiot is running around on hard surfaces in the middle of the night with a few beers under the belt.

I think fans have a right to feel a bit ripped off.

If he can do a grade 2 tear in the bathroom...the future is looking bleak for this kid.
I’ve moved beyond how it happened. What’s more worrying is it’s happened again. Fairdinkum is his hammys made out of spaghetti? Tom has been one of my fav players but heck for what we are paying him it has been an awful investment. I hope he gets fit and back on the paddock ASAP and has a great year. We need something from him for what we pay him. And yeah agree 100% here Snake.

Agree let's go for someone young and exciting. We need to have a succession plan in place for Tom he unfortunately is heading in the same direction as Johny Gibbs - early retirement
Yeah. That is exactly the parallel that came to my mind as well.
Bloody tragedy in both cases.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10