@ training today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow! You appear to be holding Parra as an example Manly should be following.
Just a reminder, Parra has more wodden spoons than any club and currently has the longest drought for winning a premiership.They have also cheated the salary cap while still winning the spoon. Let's hope Manly never follow the Parra model.

I absolutely am comparing when it comes to PR, media and customer satisfaction.

Despite the fact, and I quote you, "Parra has more wodden spoons than any club and currently has the longest drought for winning a premiership.They have also cheated the salary cap while still winning the spoon." they still have the third highest membership numbers in the game and second highest in Sydney, and that's unacceptable.

I absolutely do NOT wanting us to mirror their cheating, rorting, and on form performances (all be it they out performed us last season).

@CBreeagles & @Boxley are you guys saying your satisfied with the communication, and interaction we are presently getting from the club?

Forget Parra for a second, because most clubs are like them tbh in the social media space.

Maybe I'm expecting too much here.

Example of our arch nemesis - the opposite of Parra in most ways (apart from the cheating hahaha)
Melbourne Storm ‏@storm Oct 30

Storm CEO Dave Donaghy shares his thoughts on the 2016 season. Take a look - http://msr.lc/2dMAFVm #purplepride

Cvv0rB3UAAAU_0Y.jpg

That's all well and good for parra - but we're not the ones who rorted the cap, tarnished our clubs name or not won a title since 83! Sure things aren't ideal but we ain't the eels - they have to kiss a lot of ass after what their fans have been through. Fans need to stop whinging about trivial things. At the end of the day we have been blessed as a club for a long time and personally I think we're not far off having another crack at the title.

That's all well and good for parra - but we're not the ones who rorted the cap, tarnished our clubs name or not won a title since 83! Sure things aren't ideal but we ain't the eels - they have to kiss a lot of ass after what their fans have been through. Fans need to stop whinging about trivial things. At the end of the day we have been blessed as a club for a long time and personally I think we're not far off having another crack at the title.

Mate, I'm not so sure about that. I feel the clubs name has been tarnished plenty over the past two seasons (rightly or wrongly). Everyone has an opinion of coarse, and I feel where there is smoke, there is certainly some reason to question what went on on those alleged match fixing situations.

The way Manly treated a lot of their staff, coach, hell, at one point even the ground announcer, I feel they need to kiss ass as well.

I'm not sure if those families affect would consider those things trivial mate. Club has changed, and changed plenty.

Anyhoo, I've provided snippets of what other clubs do as well. I just personally feel it's not good enough. Being informed, feel part of the community, being plugged in, part of the fabric IS important to me.

I respect your opinion of coarse, and understand where you're coming from mate.

The new additions for 2017 include: -

· Kirisome Auva’a – A Samoan international who was part of South Sydney’s premiership winning team in 2014. Kirisome has undertaken an intensive support program as part of his return to the rugby league in consultation with the NRL and Rugby League Players Association (RLPA).

· Will Smith – Was named in the NSW Cup team of the year in 2014 and has gone on to play 21 NRL games for Penrith over the last two years.

· Jamal Fogarty – A former Australian Schoolboys representative who played for QLD Cup champions Burleigh Bears in 2016.

· Marata Niukore – A former junior Kiwi who was part of the NZ Warriors Holden Cup side.

Players who are returning in 2017 or have been elevated from junior programs include: -

· Jeff Robson – re-signed for 1 year

· Alex Twal - re-signed for 1 year

· Jack Morris – re-signed for 2 years

· Bureta Faraimo – re-signed for 1 year

· Cameron King – re-signed for 1 year

· Cody Nelson – re-signed for 1 year

· Honeti Tuha – re-signed for 1 year

· James Hasson – re-signed for 1 year

· Kelepi Tanginoa – re-signed for 1 year

· Matt Woods - re-signed for 1 year

· Scott Schulte - re-signed for 1 year

· Vai Toutai – re-signed 1 year

Fair play Ryan, I see what you are getting at but all these guys are garbage. Not one that's really worth mentioning. If Manly sent out a list like this I think this site would literally explode!!

That would be '86

I absolutely am comparing when it comes to PR, media and customer satisfaction.

Despite the fact, and I quote you, "Parra has more wodden spoons than any club and currently has the longest drought for winning a premiership.They have also cheated the salary cap while still winning the spoon." they still have the third highest membership numbers in the game and second highest in Sydney, and that's unacceptable.

I absolutely do NOT wanting us to mirror their cheating, rorting, and on form performances (all be it they out performed us last season).

Mate, Manly are in a rebuilding stage after ten years as the dominant club in the NRL.
I do remember before those ten years of success we had a similar rebuilding process after the Northern Eagles where coaches like Peter Sharp and players like Michael Monaghan where released. It's a sad but normal part of the game as teams rebuild.

Mate, Manly are in a rebuilding stage after ten years as the dominant club in the NRL.
I do remember before those ten years of success we had a similar rebuilding process after the Northern Eagles where coaches like Peter Sharp and players like Michael Monaghan where released. It's a sad but normal part of the game as teams rebuild.

100% agree with you, in every word there mate.

But what about the social media / communication side of things, or are you saying that's rebuilding as well?

100% agree with you, in every word there mate.

But what about the social media / communication side of things, or are you saying that's rebuilding as well?

I assume your talking about the current Parra board and not the one that was sacked halfway through last season. I dont think Parra are any better or worse at communication than the current Manly board. Parra has always had a larger fan base than Manly as it's a Rugby league heart land. Manly have been trying for decades to increase the fan base.

Fact. Under his watch we went from premiers to missing the finals.

In my opinion tactically he wasn't up to it. In 2015 we were still using that sweeping 2nd man Brett Stewart play that Des introduced 6 years earlier. The same play other teams had adopted and stop using a long time ago because in the end it was easy to defend.

I would have loved to have seen that sweeping second man play this past season. I was hoping to see it nearly every game I watched. Players running on to the ball. I am not so sure that it is easy to defend when set up correctly and players are running at the line with speed.
They looked so clumsy and clueless when they got themselves into good field position this year.
This is why I have big doubts about the coaching staff and agree that some of the injury crisis could be linked to things that they are responsible for such as conditioning and rehabilitation.
Manly needed to show more creativity in attack because without anyone being in motion and moving towards the line we were very easy to defend. Even a good old run around or criss cross move that you learn in the under 10's would be better than what they offered in 2016.

I would say our performance over the past 2 years has tarnished our great clubs name

One of the main sticking points about bleeding for Manly that really sticks out for me..

We were so far ahead of the rest for at least three years in the 90s. We made the gf in all of those years. We won one..

To me that was not bleedin' good enough..

I would have loved to have seen that sweeping second man play this past season. I was hoping to see it nearly every game I watched. Players running on to the ball. I am not so sure that it is easy to defend when set up correctly and players are running at the line with speed.
They looked so clumsy and clueless when they got themselves into good field position this year.
This is why I have big doubts about the coaching staff and agree that some of the injury crisis could be linked to things that they are responsible for such as conditioning and rehabilitation.
Manly needed to show more creativity in attack because without anyone being in motion and moving towards the line we were very easy to defend. Even a good old run around or criss cross move that you learn in the under 10's would be better than what they offered in 2016.
unfortunately for us we didnt have a recognised 5/8 this year and we had to rely on guys like Williame and Wright for spark. next year will be very different. we just need another centre.

I would say our performance over the past 2 years has tarnished our great clubs name

98 throughout 2004 was pretty bad as well...but you know what, the powers that be turned that around as well. I was happy that we were just Manly again. Didn't expect that we'd be a force for a long time. I remember getting excited about the signings of Kevin McGuinness and an ageing Terry Hill! Then all of a sudden things started to change.

I'm sure this will turn around again. We have the nucleus of a pretty good team so all I'm saying is we stick it out.

I understand we all have high expectations - we support a club that has won a Comp in each of the last 5 decades! Doesn't get much better than that.

98 throughout 2004 was pretty bad as well...but you know what, the powers that be turned that around as well. I was happy that we were just Manly again. Didn't expect that we'd be a force for a long time. I remember getting excited about the signings of Kevin McGuinness and an ageing Terry Hill! Then all of a sudden things started to change.

I'm sure this will turn around again. We have the nucleus of a pretty good team so all I'm saying is we stick it out.

I understand we all have high expectations - we support a club that has won a Comp in each of the last 5 decades! Doesn't get much better than that.
Nice post B

You just included the NE days!

Don't go there.

Actually around the birth of this site all of that was happening and there was a clear and decisive plan heading toward that, we were in the wilderness signing junk. We then snagged Walker and although he turned out to be nothing that great as we played him out of position, it was the first winds of change in a long list.

The difference with now is our plan is shed a lot of players and try the Hail Mary for a big name.

We had a structured approach to purchasing the components of a structured team. The Kennedy signing was a master stroke but a 1 in 10,000 I would say.

Once that hit we were up and coming and you could feel that we were on the cusp of something.

After getting smashed by parra in our first final we started fighting for balance the entire orford and bell signing period was the cream on top.

At this point the plan has nothing of the cohesion and direction that had and I don't see the light like we did then. We are playing a different game to all the other players, someone needs to go back to the board to figure it out because honestly at this point I put us outside the 8 by a good margin and I see no short term gain out

Fair comments by @Ryan , if Rugby League is a " business " today, and concentrated on " customer satisfaction " then communication is one of the most important facets of this.

On this Manly has a severe fail, .5 / 10 at best!!!

I sort of understand the period early September to late October ( for us anyway not playing any part in the finals) being a nothing period but to me it's unforgivable that we are in the first week of November, the players are back in training and all we have is,

3 emails about the Gold Coin

3 Videos about Jakey in the 4 Nations.

This is like the blind leading the blind.

Lots of merriment on here about big news , little news, mega news, some news , news tomorrow, news next week, to be honest ANY ****ING NEWS would be something.

The management and staff have had over 2 months in which to have holidays, every one of them should be back on deck and as such I expect more than emails about a ****ty gold coin to inspire me to rejoin!!

Perhaps if I had a subscription to the Manly Daily I'd be more enlightened, apparently that's how news was disseminated in 1970 and nothing's changed since!!

PS: I was saving my 16,000th post for a rant , and there it is!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8