@ training today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
I'm interested to hear what you think Toovey did wrong.

Fact. Under his watch we went from premiers to missing the finals.

In my opinion tactically he wasn't up to it. In 2015 we were still using that sweeping 2nd man Brett Stewart play that Des introduced 6 years earlier. The same play other teams had adopted and stop using a long time ago because in the end it was easy to defend.

I also think he kept players based on loyalty and not performance. I think this is why he fell out with the Penns. They cut Watmough and Glenn Stewart and their performances since justify that position. Sure they didn't handle it very well but I think if Tooves had have done it he may still have a job and a top 8 team.

In my opinion tactically he wasn't up to it. In 2015 we were still using that sweeping 2nd man Brett Stewart play that Des introduced 6 years earlier. The same play other teams had adopted and stop using a long time ago because in the end it was easy to defend.

I also think he kept players based on loyalty and not performance. I think this is why he fell out with the Penns. They cut Watmough and Glenn Stewart and their performances since justify that position. Sure they didn't handle it very well but I think if Tooves had have done it he may still have a job and a top 8 team.

But mate, we had the same run (if not worse) of injuries in 2015. Check out games played via wiki?

We allegedly threw two games and still came within one of the finals.

We came 14 this season, our for and against was worse (linebreaks were down).

We DID become more of a forwards dominated team this year. I just wish we did more with that.

Mate the penns were the ones that wanted to offer gifty a contract, tooves and Co were the ones that were against it.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-for-glenn-stewarts-exit-20150729-gin7hj.html
I'm of the opinion that tooves got so offside with the penns because he wanted to let go a lot of the old heads that the penns (and zorba) were good mates with. At the time I was critical of tooves but upon reflection, he performed miracles in 2015 just to get us to 9th. He had the owners and quite a few players against him, he had just as many injuries as Barrett had this season (I believe he used 1 less player in 2015 than Barrett did in 2016) and with rumors of match fixing coming out it seems the world was against tooves.
Now yes, some of that is my opinion, but the penns 100% were the ones who wanted to keep Glenn. They're also the ones the gave Matai and Stewart an extra season once they'd punted tooves.

Forget the Glenn Stewart stuff, that was a smokescreen, as the subsequent treatment of other loyal Manly players has shown.

I believe the biggest single blunder Toovey made was in the 2013 finals, the semi against the Roosters. Manly had several opportunities to kick penalty goals, to either win outright or be in a golden point situation after 80 minutes.

Irrespective of perceived refereeing bias, the Roosters benefited from the extra week off and the rest is history.

Obviously I don't know if Toovey's subsequent relationship with the Penn faction started to deteriorate from that point, but a GF win could have resulted in a different outcome for Toovey, his apparent siding with the previous co-owners notwithstanding.

Lewis Brown is a utility that covers most positions on the field. Nathan Green Struggled in an also struggling pack. He did however play a few very good agmes in the middle of the year before. Mateo was a waste of space you Barrett knockers seem to forget that neither he or Symonds were in Tooveys teams late in 2015.

Walker was bought to play 5/8 because the friggin captain didn't want to play there. People forget that whole thing went on.

How do you Know Barrett tolerated Carty and Myles laughing after losses? How do you know neither were spoken to?

Our Defensive structure last year was fine. After 8 games we had a win loss record of 4-4 and were running mid table. Injury hit and we lost 7 in a row. Only 2 of those were by big margins. (30-6 30-10) Then we won 4 in a row. Injury hit again and we lost our last few. Again not by big margins except for the last game against the panthers when we basically played a reserve grade side.

You really need to get over people needing to bleed Manly blood. This is the way of the future. Also, there have been countless players in recent years who have turned into manly greats who are not manly Juniors. Kite, Kennedy, Lyon etc. then there are ring ins who are premiers wearing the maroon like Steve Bell, Joe Guluvao and Michael Robertson.

Why would the club have a team list on the club website when the team list is not finalised?

My favourite part of this site is the people that believe they know better than Barrett, Bozo, Cartwright and co when it comes to recruitment and team make up. People who know better than 3 Professional footballers and coaches who have played at the highest levels of Australian Rugby league because they have some weird belief that 2 of them need to have been ballboys at Brookvale to be able to run this team. Some of you guys need to get a life. Seriously.
Quote from Jamie Lyon

“I’m quite happy to play there, it doesn’t worry me on bit,” Lyon said.

“I’m happy to play anywhere, Baz (Barrett) knows that, whatever is best for the team.”
Are you calling our captain a liar Stevo ?
Walker was a waste of space in the 5/8 experiment at Souths and Barrett persisted with him there for most of the season which fcked our team cohesion. He could have had the foresight of a quality coach to use Wright or Api at 5/8 as he did later and both offered much more than the clueless Walker who was running around at 5/8 like a sea eagle without a head .
Injuries ??? Tell the Gold Coast coach Henry about team Injuries and team turmoil and he will smile at you and tell you that he proudly got his team that every one had specials for the spoon in 2016 playing in the finals .
I am as proud and as passionate and a loyal supporter as any one on here but I am not convinced that Barrett is the master coach that will lead us to a grand final and I hope for the sake of our great club tradition he proves me wrong

Last edited:
Quote from Jamie Lyon

“I’m happy to play anywhere, Baz (Barrett) knows that, whatever is best for the team.”
Walker was a waste of space in the 5/8 experiment at Souths and Barrett persisted with him there for most of the season which fcked out team cohesion. He could have had the foresight of a quality coach to use Wright or Api at 5/8 as he did later and both offered much more than the clueless Walker who was running around at 5/8 like a sea eagle without a head .
Injuries ??? Tell the Gold Coast coach Henry about team Injuries and team turmoil and he will smile at you and tell you that he proudly got his team that every one had them specials for the spoon in 2016 playing in the finals .
I am as proud and as passionate and a loyal supporter as any one on here but I am not convinced that Barrett is the master coach that will lead us to a grand final and I hope for the sake of our great club tradition he proves me wrong

JAMIE Lyon admits his preference is to remain in the centres next season and has offered up four options for Manly coach Trent Barrett to consider as replacements for Kieran Foran’s old No.6 jersey.

While the Sea Eagles skipper acknowledges he too is in the running for the role of partnering Daly Cherry-Evans next season, Lyon believes it could come down to a new recruit.

“I’ve played a little bit there over the years,” Lyon told foxsports.com.au

“Tim Moltzen, Isaac John, Feleti Mateo — there’s a few names there.

“I think we’ll dabble around (with combinations) over the next few months.

“I’m happy (in the centres) but I’m not too ignorant as to say I definitely won’t play there.

“If Baz wants me to play there, I’ll play there but obviously I like playing in the centres.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/news/ja...s/news-story/5e2854b06fbed3b7a9a89df30fc314c7

JAMIE Lyon admits his preference is to remain in the centres next season and has offered up four options for Manly coach Trent Barrett to consider as replacements for Kieran Foran’s old No.6 jersey.

While the Sea Eagles skipper acknowledges he too is in the running for the role of partnering Daly Cherry-Evans next season, Lyon believes it could come down to a new recruit.

“I’ve played a little bit there over the years,” Lyon told foxsports.com.au

“Tim Moltzen, Isaac John, Feleti Mateo — there’s a few names there.

“I think we’ll dabble around (with combinations) over the next few months.

“I’m happy (in the centres) but I’m not too ignorant as to say I definitely won’t play there.

“If Baz wants me to play there, I’ll play there but obviously I like playing in the centres.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/news/ja...s/news-story/5e2854b06fbed3b7a9a89df30fc314c7
MANLY’S attack is on track for its worst season since before the Super League war and retiring captain Jamie Lyon is ready to step in and answer the call.

The Dylan Walker playmaker experiment combined with the loss of Kieran Foran to Parramatta has seen the Sea Eagles slump to an average of just 17.27 points per game this year, leaving them headed toward their worst offensive record since 1992.

With new coach Trent Barrett scrambling to turn 12th-placed Manly’s (4-7) season around, centre Lyon is set to swap positions with Walker and return to the halves on a weekly basis for the first time in seven-and-a-half years.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...l/news-story/f51ac3ccb606092a735acbc150380573

But mate, we had the same run (if not worse) of injuries in 2015. Check out games played via wiki?

We DID become more of a forwards dominated team this year. I just wish we did more with that.

We had 2 halves in 2015 and we didn't have to rely on blokes like Parker, Wright and Winterstein to plug holes

Curtis Sironen has played a lot of 5/8, has some fine ball skills, and could be a good cover for Green, if he gets injured. Primarily though, Sironen can slot in the second row if we end up getting his services. I understand he wants $400k, and Manly are trying to get the Tigers to pay half. If we can seal this deal, could definitely help with our depth.

MANLY’S attack is on track for its worst season since before the Super League war and retiring captain Jamie Lyon is ready to step in and answer the call.

The Dylan Walker playmaker experiment combined with the loss of Kieran Foran to Parramatta has seen the Sea Eagles slump to an average of just 17.27 points per game this year, leaving them headed toward their worst offensive record since 1992.

With new coach Trent Barrett scrambling to turn 12th-placed Manly’s (4-7) season around, centre Lyon is set to swap positions with Walker and return to the halves on a weekly basis for the first time in seven-and-a-half years.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...l/news-story/f51ac3ccb606092a735acbc150380573
True Bozo but my story is from last November as opposed to mid season.

Curtis Sironen has played a lot of 5/8, has some fine ball skills, and could be a good cover for Green, if he gets injured. Primarily though, Sironen can slot in the second row if we end up getting his services. I understand he wants $400k, and Manly are trying to get the Tigers to pay half. If we can seal this deal, could definitely help with our depth.

Wowzers. $400k? The bloke isn't even playing first grade at The Tigers !!

HAs heaps of potential & does remind me of Cartwright @ Penrith. But jeez Curtis, earn your stripes before demanding big dollars.

Quote from Jamie Lyon

Walker was a waste of space in the 5/8 experiment at Souths and Barrett persisted with him there for most of the season which fcked out team cohesion. He could have had the foresight of a quality coach to use Wright or Api at 5/8 as he did later and both offered much more than the clueless Walker who was running around at 5/8 like a sea eagle without a head .
Injuries ??? Tell the Gold Coast coach Henry about team Injuries and team turmoil and he will smile at you and tell you that he proudly got his team that every one had them specials for the spoon in 2016 playing in the finals .
Our injuries were worse, could've definately played better then we did but it showed that when we had a run of games with a at least somewhat recognisable side to the best available one we got instant results, five straight was it? Walkers 5/8 experiment also played a big part but at the end of the day the injuries we had were 1. A hell of a lot and 2. To all our stars. That's the difference to the other sides, we had plenty of experienced stars missing for a majority of the season. Sorry this is badly written but take it as it is, there was nothing we could do, the season was over before it began..

With all the conjecture, this is what I'm feeling will happen with the team & depth (I also VERY much think that is probably a bottom 1/2 team):

01. Tom Trbojevic / Kevin Locke
02. Jorge Taufua / Jonathan Wright
03. Mathew Wright / Brayden Wiliame
04. Dylan Walker / Omar Slaimankhel
05. Akuila Uate / Brad Parker
06. Blake Green / Cameron Cullen
07. Daly Cherry-Evans / Peta Godinet
08. Darcy Lussick / Willis Meehan
09. Matt Parcell / Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fanua-Blake /
11. Marty Taupau / Billy Bainbridge
12. Shaun Lane / Frank Winterstein
13. Jake Trbojevic /

14. Lewis Brown
15. Nate Myles
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Jamil Hopoate

two games being thrown has entered comparison threads.

Allegedly. If they were, and we would have won those games, Tooves has us in the finals.
Can't have it both ways Ryan.
A true blue Manly legend (and one of my all-time favourite Sea Eagle characters) presided over a team for which some players weren't sure they wanted to play and for which others couldn't drag themselves out of the car to join training.
And there are serious allegations our players might have fixed matches... and your comment is, 'Great, that means we would have made the finals if they were trying'...Really???
Credit to my occasional nemesis @Stevo for stating the obvious (and the obviously unpopular).

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10