Tommy T - Origin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

When should Tommy T play Origin?

• This year - he's ready now

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • This year - he's bit quite reasy but let's blood him in

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • 2018 and onwards

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • We need to see more to know.

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
Some here might disagree but if I was NSW coach, this is the side I'd like to see trot out for Game 1 this year....(picking mostly on form and not just past reputation).

FB - James Tedesco
WG - Josh Mansour
CE - Michael Jennings
CE - Josh Dugan
WG - Tom Trbojevic
FE - Blake Austin
HB - Adam Reynolds
PR - Aaron Woods (c)
HK - Peter Wallace
PR - James Tamou
SR - Beau Scott
SR - Bryce Cartwright
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Res - Andrew Fifita, Josh Jackson, Matt Moylan, Trent Merrin

Surprised by Peter Wallace at hooker? Ok, he's played Origin before so its not like throwing a rookie in there. I personally think he's done fairly well there for the Riff so far this year and he's managed to curb his halfback ball playing style and is giving fairly decent service. Ok he's not the best defender but there are others who can cover for that. I think he's a better option than Farah or Ennis who are too selfish and don't allow their halves to do their jobs without trying to take over, or Peats who I don't think is ready.

When he comes back from his broken jaw (some reports say it will be a shock early return coming this weekend), Adam Reynolds should be given his chance because he's easily the best halfback NSW has. Blake Austin should also get a go but you can bet Daley will go with Josh Reynolds or Pearce for 5/8. While Dylan Walker is improving as a running 5/8, I don't think he should be there for NSW who need more creativity from a half. At centre maybe, but not 5/8.

I rate Tommy over Blake Ferguson in both attack and defence and if Daley is serious, Jake has to be in the team somewhere.

Has yet to cement his spot at Manly let alone be picked for his state.

Talking about our first choice winger? If he is fit he is an automatic choice for Manly. Gut feel says 2017 but there aren't too many wingers in the comp better than him that are eligible for NSW atm

After watching NRL360 I think Daley will go with Pearce and Hodkinson. And that is a real worry.

Paul Kent kept pushing him about not having a settled halves pairing, and the impression I got was he's just going with last year.

At 9 losses from 10 (and I agree the win we had had a stroke of luck) surely it's time to be a little adventurous or aggressive? If that means picking players like Sezer and Austin I'm all for that, I mean we can't do much worse?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nsw-coach-laurie-daley-says-aidan-sezer-and-blake-austin-not-ready-for-origin/news-story/4d294f491152ada38239b7bdc1e72ac8

NSW coach Laurie Daley says Aidan Sezer and Blake Austin not ready for Origin

April 7, 2016 5:19am
AAP

NSW coach Laurie Daley has all but ruled out picking Canberra halves Aidan Sezer and Blake Austin because of their lack of big-game experience.

The Raiders playmakers have been touted as a possible Blues pairing for this year’s State of Origin series with Immortal Andrew Johns calling for them to be ushered into the line up.

Daley has a headache on his hands with big question marks over his incumbents Mitchell Pearce and Trent Hodkinson ahead of the June 1 series opener at ANZ Stadium.

Sydney Roosters’ Pearce is serving a suspension for his Australia Day disgrace and will have just three games to make his case upon his return in round nine.

While Hodkinson’s Newcastle Knights are winless after five rounds and he has failed to fire at his new club since his off-season switch from Canterbury.

Top contender South Sydney No. 7 Adam Reynolds is out with a broken jaw but is expected to return in time for a head-to-head duel with North Queensland’s Johnathan Thurston next week.

Canterbury’s Josh Reynolds is also in the mix despite having been dropped for last year’s unsuccessful Origin shield defence.

Daley said on Fox Sports’ NRL 360 on Wednesday night that the fact that neither Austin nor Sezer had played finals football was also counting against them.

“You have to realise these two guys have never played in a big game,” Daley said.

“They’re 25 years of age and they haven’t taken their teams to semi-finals, so we can’t judge them on the big stage, all we can do is judge them on what they’re doing at the moment and that’s a critical component of the make up of your Origin team.

“You can’t pick someone in a critical position and be hoping they’re going to get it right on the night.”

Daley said Austin’s relative inexperience in the No. 6 jumper was counting against him and wanted to see him display sustained form before he would consider him for the Origin pressure cooker. “I’ve always consistently said that when I pick players for Origin, they’ll knock down the door and need to be consistent over a period of time before you’re confident enough to pick them,” Daley said.

“Blake had a good year last year and he needs to continue that.”

Daley revealed to the Daily Telegraph on Wednesday that with a scarcity of Origin-quality halves to choose from, he is, at this stage, favouring Reynolds and Hodkinson after the pair were heavily instrumental in NSW’s historic 2-1 series win two years ago.

I do get Lauries point, but as we've all said who out of the current crop has ever really stepped up and got it right? I think the Morris's and Jennings have all had some good games, I like Trent Hodkinson, but he's again stable steady as she goes, won't let you down, but also unlikely to rip you apart and win a game (ok yes he did a great job scoring that try in 14 when we won).

Everyone has to get a start some time. Fittler although brilliantly blessed played at a young age, as did Hoppa. You've only got to look to the Australian cricket team when they picked a very inexperienced all rounder from Nsw who did very little in his first 4 years of test cricket, but they persisted because they were blooding him, and he turned out alright, Steve Waugh that is.

He's not ready this year, Id say 2017 or 2018. But Jake - yes! This years team IMO -
1. Dugan
2. Roberts
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Radradra / Mansour
6. Maloney
7. Sezer
8. Woods
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Scott
12. Jackson
13. Bird
14. Cartwright
15. Klemmer
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Tamou / Fifita

"bit quite reasy"

has to be that option

I guess

maybe

lol

It's better than being but torn @:cry:

Ok, lots of talk. See the poll, what do we think? I'm not convinced this year, although I do get Joey Johns point about blooding young players now and not waiting. I'm a but torn, but think give him a full season and next year he should be good to go.

Also this isn't about saying 'don't want him to play just want him for Manly' I'm more interested in when you think he's ready.

The second option I have there (and screwed it) was this year, he's not quite ready, but blood him in.

Its not so much about age its about experience and tommy does not have enough of that at this present time. He will get his chance in years to come , and for johns , daley whoever think he is ready are f....d up.

Here's my attempt:

Tedesco
Mansour
Jennings
Morris
Dugan
AReynolds / Maloney
Woods
Farah
Tamou
Cartwright
Cordner
Gallen

GBird
TMerrin
JJackson
AFifita

With Frizell, RJames and DWalker waiting in the wings.

Speed, mobility and ball playing forwards with a bit of mongrel.

Its getting bad when Reynolds, Maloney, and pearse's name is thrown around . Its a worry...

Daley must not know he needs binoculars to see past that nose of his.

Can he not see that Pearce simply sucks at Origin? Can he not see that Farah and Ennis are past it never will be's? The list goes on and on.

If Daley gets the team he wants rather the team that should be selected, Queensland will win their 10th series in 11 attempts and Kevin Walters will be hailed a hero in Bananaland.

The only thing that would save NSW would be Thurston, Cronk and Smith all going down injured and not being able to play a game.

1The Origin drums are already beating for Tommy T

The drums are already beating for one rising NRL star.

Talk around NSW's camp during the build-up to State of Origin III was centred on a player who wasn't even competing in the game - Manly's Tom Trbojevic.

Word has it that 'Tommy T' only has to stay healthy and continue his amazing form to be a walk-up start for game one next season.

And his brother Jake may also be in the Blues side for many years to come.

Tommy has his name all over a wing spot for 2017.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...-of-origin/1l9t0zksw9b891tg8z0eekstlm/slide/1

I'd be absolutely amazed if Pearce isnt the 7 next year.

He is miles better than anyone else we have to chose from. Yet light years behind Thurston, Cronk, Morgan, Hunt, Milford, DCE etc.

Manly have done well for so long without having players starring at Origin level. This may change with Turbo and Jake T. Turbo is ready for Origin next year and injury free could be a stand out. One thing that stands out with Turbo which is a rare trait is how easily he shrugs of defenders who are even slightly off balance, he is hardly slowed at all. Probably Inglis and Choc at the peak also did this and Morgan also. H e seems to be stronger every time I see him play.

Tom T
Jake T
Will play origin next year certain.
Walker
DCE
May play origin, walker will only play if injuries occur same for DCE although walker should be in the side ahead of Jennings
Lussick
Buhrer
Are Bolters IMO really strong performances for us the whole year and if they continue that should see some rep footy

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8