Tommy T - Origin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

When should Tommy T play Origin?

• This year - he's ready now

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • This year - he's bit quite reasy but let's blood him in

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • 2018 and onwards

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • We need to see more to know.

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Killer03

Bencher
Ok, lots of talk. See the poll, what do we think? I'm not convinced this year, although I do get Joey Johns point about blooding young players now and not waiting. I'm a but torn, but think give him a full season and next year he should be good to go.

Also this isn't about saying 'don't want him to play just want him for Manly' I'm more interested in when you think he's ready.

The second option I have there (and screwed it) was this year, he's not quite ready, but blood him in.

Will he will be playing city vs country for sure Daley has big wraps and honestly he is the best winger in the comp at the moment. He has 4 try assist from the wing, he is ready for sure. My origin side looks like this

1.Tedesco
2.Mansour
3.Roberts
4.Dugan
5.Trbojevic
6.Austin
7.Sezer
8.Woods
9.Wallace
10.Tamou
11.Cartwright
12.Graham
13.Trbojevic

14.Wighton
15.Cordner
16.Klemmer
17.Fifita

I have Tommy definite for city, and I'd have Jake as my captain. I'd also have Jake somewhere in the blues 17.

Just not sure on Tommy this year, a full season and I'd say no problem at all.

Having said that I'd deadset love to see Tommy (and Jake) play origin this year. I love origin and could think of nothing better than the pair of them playing.

Will he will be playing city vs country for sure Daley has big wraps and honestly he is the best winger in the comp at the moment. He has 4 try assist from the wing, he is ready for sure.

I'd imagine that one or two of those try assists were at fullback, but its still an impressive number for an outside back and a virtual rookie at that. I mean, he's only played about half a season in total since his debut last year.

I do agree though, I think injury aside Tommy is a shoe in for City Origin on the wing (a couple of good tries between now and selection time would definitely help his cause). Jake will also play for City, especially if he's in line for a NSW jumper (which he should be). Not sure if he'll be in the starting side but Daley would be crazy not to at least have him on the NSW bench.

I do think Tommy could easily handle Origin on the wing this year, but I'd wait until 2017. I do think he's a better option than Blake Ferguson though. They're roughly the same size and strength but I'd say Tommy has him easily for pace and is a better defender. Plus, from what I've seen of Ferguson.....Tommy is also much safer under a bomb. But since Daley has a man crush on Ferguson expect him somewhere in the NSW backline.

Tedesco will be picked. He is so good, he can't be left out.
The more you listen to Loz on NRL360, the less onfidence we get in new halves or Tedesco.
He reckons Tedesco can't tackle and that any half who hasn't played in the finals is too much of a risk :cool:

The more you listen to Loz on NRL360, the less onfidence we get in new halves or Tedesco.
He reckons Tedesco can't tackle and that any half who hasn't played in the finals is too much of a risk :cool:

Tedesco can't tackle.....has Daley ever watched Blake Ferguson play? He's an arm grabber at best, yet I bet Daley will plonk him in the centres or at worst on the wing.

Gallen has played next to no football, he'll be picked as captain. Pearce has had no football and will probably be one of the halves. It keeps going and going.

Look, lets face facts. Other than maybe one or two changes through injury its a good bet that Daley pretty much had his team picked back in November. NSW will trot out the same tired old faces they have been for years and nothing will change.

Last edited:
Tedesco can't tackle.....has Daley ever watched Blake Ferguson play?

Look, lets face facts. Other than maybe one or two changes through injury its a good bet that Daley pretty much had his team picked back in November. NSW will trot out the same tired old faces they have been for years and nothing will change.

Gallen has played next to no football, he'll be picked as captain. Pearce has had no football and will probably be one of the halves. It keeps going and going.
Watching Loz bleat out 'I need to see consistency in big games' yet picking the same halves that have lost 9/10, is truly disheartening :mad:

Fox Sports app is free in iTunes/Google Play store for your phone - you can watch it there

Last edited:
Laurie Daley was part of a group of young players who made his Origin debut for NSW back in 1989. Back then Qld were winning as well, but after a few years NSW actually did start to blood younger players, mostly at the insistence of Jack Gibson who was the coach in 1989. Daley was one of the young guns, our own assistant coach was another. Now granted Qld won that series 3-0 but I don't think NSW had anyone who would have stopped that back then. But it gave the younger players a taste of it and guys like Daley, Cartwright, Clyde etc became mainstays of the dominant NSW teams of the early 90's.

Daley was hailed as the messiah after NSW won in 2014 though I hardly think it was any great coaching from him. Lets fact facts, if not for Jarryd Hayne playing out of his skin, Pearce missing the series and Cronk breaking his arm leaving Qld with two ad-lib halves and no organiser is what won the Blues that series. Normal service resumed last year though.

My point is that at some point, the same tired old players who have lost series after series after series will need to be replaced by the younger guys coming through. But I can't see it happening this year with Daley so intent on picking the same side as always. Players like the Morris twins, Pearce, Gallen, Hoffman, Bird, Farah, Ennis.....its about time the younger guys get their shot and these guys were consigned to Origin memory.

IMG_20160407_053705.jpg

I didn't hear loz on 360 but that is disappointing he is saying that.

He simply cannot pick Pearce, decent club footballer with a famous dad but at Origin level he is rubbish. Please give Adam Reynolds a go, that fella is great.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4