1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Waterhouse told to go

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by lovefooty, Apr 7, 2013.

1. lovefooty

lovefooty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 16
    The Sunday herald reports that Waterhouse went into our sheds after the game on Friday and was made to fell very unwelcome. I was told that a Director said something to him being in there when Centerbet is our sponsor.
    He then went and said something to his friend Scott P and scurried out.
    I was told he used his media pass to get in. That is a joke.
    Nine should take it off him. Oh sorry I forgot he gave them 15 mil and that would give him access to any where.

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Is private school friends meant to be a dig ?

3. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 57
    Not a smart move to be making enemies with powerful,influential sponsors of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lovefooty

lovefooty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 16
    I didnt mean for it to be ,so I just took it out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I was hoping he was being told to go from the broadcast. Oh well not surprisingly this was just another political post yawn fest

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    All good, it did come across as one a bit. Is it usual for anyone with a media pass to be able to get access ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,356 / 111
    I'd feel very uncomfortable with him in my change room. Perhaps he could send Emma Freedman.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    Maybe we should bring back Robbo too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  10. panash

panash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    and rightly so !!! our club is going great guns so far , the last thing we need is problems with our loyal sponsor !!!

just business not personal

• Like Like x 2
  11. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,356 / 111
    http://m.smh.com.au/business/waterhouse-left-clutching-at-straw-men-20130405-2hc7b.html

In the economics departments of our universities, for example, behavioural economists like to show how humans are susceptible to a thing called "loss aversion''. Loss aversion refers to the steps we'll take to avoid losing something already in our possession. Apparently, the feeling we have when we lose something can be more powerful than the feeling we get when we gain something, though we're often unaware of it.

Read full article in the SMH link above.

12. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Can't see the big deal really. What's he going to do, go around the dressing room taking bets??? What a joke.

13. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,265 / 131
    Not sure how they would be school friends as penn went to Knox and finished in 1988 while Waterhosue went to Shore and would have been 6 (born 1982) when penn finished high school?

14. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    You want to keep the people who make a signiifcant amount of money from gambling on sporting events as far away as possible from those people who have an influence on the outcomes of those sporting events.

I'd ban him for that reason alone.

15. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Yet Neil Evans is on the OFFICIAL website every week.

16. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Great piece by Malcolm Knox in today's Sun-Herald on Waterhouse. And yes, he does look a bit like Pete Campbell from 'Madmen'.

17. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    ".... and remember, always gamble responsibly."

I feel sorry for him today. He would have been chuckling after More Joyous but then would have given back many times that on Overreach and Pierro.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    You've seen one SAO, you've seen them all.

19. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,486 / 42

That was a good read. Just watched Bryan Fletcher doing his best Tom impersonation.
    (Ok they hate Tom, lets get an ex-footballer that sounds like he knows what he's talking about to do the speil...that'll work!)

20. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    Waterhouse - who looks like a toffee apple on a stick - has no right getting into such a hallowed place. He claims to "love the Boncos". Why? His family grew up at McMahons Point and he went to school at North Sydney. What; does he think yellow and maroon look good together? He needs to put his ego in a suitcase and rid his toffee apple head and neck from our screens. His mother also is a media hogger. She just loves being in the news, and admits she'd rather be an actress than a trainer but her horsey looks and whiney voice meant her career was predestined.

• Like Like x 1