Tom Waterhouse told to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Central Coast Eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:
You want to keep the people who make a signiifcant amount of money from gambling on sporting events as far away as possible from those people who have an influence on the outcomes of those sporting events.

I'd ban him for that reason alone.

Yet Neil Evans is on the OFFICIAL website every week.

It's not an ideal situation either I agree, but a bit of a difference between a sponsor appearing on a club website and a bookie getting access to players in a change room.

The Who said:
Waterhouse - who looks like a toffee apple on a stick - has no right getting into such a hallowed place. He claims to "love the Boncos". Why? His family grew up at McMahons Point and he went to school at North Sydney. What; does he think yellow and maroon look good together? He needs to put his ego in a suitcase and rid his toffee apple head and neck from our screens. His mother also is a media hogger. She just loves being in the news, and admits she'd rather be an actress than a trainer but her horsey looks and whiney voice meant her career was predestined.

Other than that, I take it you don't mind the family?

Phantar said:
The Who said:
Waterhouse - who looks like a toffee apple on a stick - has no right getting into such a hallowed place. He claims to "love the Boncos". Why? His family grew up at McMahons Point and he went to school at North Sydney. What; does he think yellow and maroon look good together? He needs to put his ego in a suitcase and rid his toffee apple head and neck from our screens. His mother also is a media hogger. She just loves being in the news, and admits she'd rather be an actress than a trainer but her horsey looks and whiney voice meant her career was predestined.

Other than that, I take it you don't mind the family?

Strange you ask that. My daughter used to play tennis with Waterhouse and says, as a schoolkid, he was very nice. I never met any of the family so my intense bias is purely uniformed gibber, which makes me such an expert commentator on this forum.

Probably get shot down for this...............

I just don't agree with the publicity the NRL is giving this guy and his "gambling business". I love the odd punt but do we really need it shoved in our faces every chance during the broadcast??? Waterhouse makes it worse because he is so lame and that god awful smile. Have no issue with sponsorship dollars just stop ramming the "odds" and betting options down our throat!!!

tookey said:
lovefooty said:
The Sunday herald reports that Waterhouse went into our sheds after the game on Friday and was made to fell very unwelcome. I was told that a Director said something to him being in there when Centerbet is our sponsor.
He then went and said something to his friend Scott P and scurried out.(They are friends from School)
I was told he used his media pass to get in. That is a joke.
Nine should take it off him. Oh sorry I forgot he gave them 15 mil and that would give him access to any where.

Not sure how they would be school friends as penn went to Knox and finished in 1988 while Waterhosue went to Shore and would have been 6 (born 1982) when penn finished high school?

Just like a lot of Love Footy's posts & conspiracy theories - never let the truth spoil a good story

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
The Wheel said:
tookey said:
lovefooty said:
The Sunday herald reports that Waterhouse went into our sheds after the game on Friday and was made to fell very unwelcome. I was told that a Director said something to him being in there when Centerbet is our sponsor.
He then went and said something to his friend Scott P and scurried out.(They are friends from School)
I was told he used his media pass to get in. That is a joke.
Nine should take it off him. Oh sorry I forgot he gave them 15 mil and that would give him access to any where.

Not sure how they would be school friends as penn went to Knox and finished in 1988 while Waterhosue went to Shore and would have been 6 (born 1982) when penn finished high school?

Just like a lot of Love Footy's posts & conspiracy theories - never let the truth spoil a good story
Just beware the reptides.

I like getting odds updates before and during an event. I hope you appreciate that he has toned it down to a parental reverential level to please all the howlers out there. To my way it has improved the way it is presented. Keep in mind that ANY advertising is annoying. If it wasn't for the 'think about the children?" brigade why is this any more annoying than any other ad? I don't see any problems with improving nummeracy skills :D

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Central Coast Eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:
You want to keep the people who make a signiifcant amount of money from gambling on sporting events as far away as possible from those people who have an influence on the outcomes of those sporting events.

I'd ban him for that reason alone.

Yet Neil Evans is on the OFFICIAL website every week.

My understanding is Neil Evans no longer works for a betting agency and is a full time employee of our club.

@larissa could probably confirm this

I was told today that centrebet contacted the club and said thank you to the director who told Waterhouse he wasn't welcome in the manly sheds. There sponsor ship is almost 1/2 a mil P/A.

I was told Neil Evans is our new full time media person. Rachael is on maternity leave. She is due back latter on in the year.

Neil is brilliant doing the interviews post game. The one this week with joe with both of them in headgear was a classic.

Canteen Worker said:
ManlyBacker said:
I don't see any problems with improving nummeracy skills :D
Improvement in literacy might not be a bad idea either!!!! :)

Thanks Fro, erm, I mean CW :) Them 4 O levels I done got need a little brush-up. Or maybe my keyboard needs a clean...

Correct, Neil Evans is an employee of the Club. He now holds to role of Media & Corporate Affairs Manager.

In the 90's you would not have had the CEO of Coca Cola being photographed in the Pepsi Sea Eagles rooms either.

All Clubs need to respect their Sponsors end give them all Media exposure.

And dweebs like that simpleton, should Sponsor NRL instead of Ch 9 :mad:

Hard to believe that the ARLC do not see the issue with Waterhouse being granted pseudo Rugby League official status by Channel 9.:huh:

Every show they have, they give the odds as part of a match preview.:mad:
The implied connection that the Betting Agencies need to be referenced for Viewers to watch a game, is odious.

Does the NRL, like Racing, even get a cut of what the Bookies collect?
The next negotiation for content fees must include the Wagering Companies:exclamation:

manlyfan76 said:
http://m.smh.com.au/business/waterhouse-left-clutching-at-straw-men-20130405-2hc7b.html

In the economics departments of our universities, for example, behavioural economists like to show how humans are susceptible to a thing called "loss aversion''. Loss aversion refers to the steps we'll take to avoid losing something already in our possession. Apparently, the feeling we have when we lose something can be more powerful than the feeling we get when we gain something, though we're often unaware of it.

Read full article in the SMH link above.

The naive believe that humans are rational beings. Humans just CHOOSE whether to bet, smoke, drink, etc, etc. Right? And so anyone caught in addiction, OCD, bad habits, crime, etc has simply made bad choices. So just blame the guilty and all human problems are resolved.

Nothing that governments ever need to do. It is all the individual's fault.

Meanwhile advertisers put on their labels 95% fat free, rather than 5% fat. Exactly the same message to a rational being.

"The naive believe that humans are rational beings."
What are people in your opinion Rex?

You get caught in addiction because you choose your path, not because the big bad advertisers tell you too

Don't put that 1st smoke in your mouth and there is a fair chance you won't get addicted to smoking ...

manlyfan76 said:

People are driven by unconscious urges. We are not Vulcans.

Rationality is a nice story though.

Rex said:
manlyfan76 said:

People are driven by unconscious urges. We are not Vulcans.

Rationality is a nice story though.

I consume therefore I am.

Driven by unconscious urges perhaps but confined by many more parameters. Yoir world view means that nothing I do ia my fault, cool ill try that excuse if I a. Ever in court.

Id say your theory is convenient but lazy.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6