Toddy Knows Lodgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Paw93

Reserve Grader
Todd Greenberg: We knew about horrific Matt Lodge abuse allegations
  • March 19, 2018 5:13pm
  • by STAFF WRITERS
  • Source: FOX
NRL boss Todd Greenberg has revealed he knew about the horrific allegations of domestic violence levelled at Matt Lodge before he agreed to let the Broncos prop back into the game.

Greenberg green-lit Lodge’s contract last year but the decision has divided the rugby league world, in light of a lengthy rap sheet of violence weighing on the footballer’s record.

Fuel was poured on the fire when Lodge’s former partner Charlene Saliba broke her silence and detailed two years of alleged physical and verbal abuse, which netball legend Liz Ellis described as “horrifying”.

Saliba told The Sunday Telegraph; “It started with controlling behaviour, then name-calling, then came the emotional abuse, he started throwing things, physically restraining me, (he) spat in my face, then pushing and shoving me, which then lead to threats on my life”.
-------
Sorry Toddy but this guy is an absolute disgrace. Just gets even worse each week and Todd let him in even after knowing all of this. What a ****ing muppet. Someone please uppercut the both of them.

Perspective these behaviors were before the nyc incident which seems
To have been a call to Jesus moment for Lodge to get his stuff together.

Clearly the bloke has changed and should be the same opportunity AFB has been given and taken with both hands

Hasn't changed.
Lied about striking a woman. Liar.
Hasn't paid a cent of compensation to the victims. No remorse.

All he has done is gone off the grog. Wow. Bet the family and ex girlfriend feel better now.

I disagreed with you because I am sure he has realised how ****ing lucky he is that Wayne "the old prick who ditched his wife" Bennet decided he was needed for the Bronco cash cow machine.

Giving up the grog for Wayne to get 100K a year is not much. I am not a Court, nor a judge, but there are 2 sides of every story; fans of the best player to ever play for Manly --- the Prince of Brookvale, know that.

I don't know lodge nor his ex, but I do know that there are always 2 sides to a story. And until such times that a Court tells me that he did what person X said he did (like in NY) the girlfriend should press charges and we can all form a legitimate opinion.

As a side note, I am not a supporter of him playing for one minute. I just want due diligence on both sides to be done before the ban hammer is dropped.

I disagreed with you because I am sure he has realised how ****ing lucky he is that Wayne "the old prick who ditched his wife" Bennet decided he was needed for the Bronco cash cow machine.

Giving up the grog for Wayne to get 100K a year is not much. I am not a Court, nor a judge, but there are 2 sides of every story; fans of the best player to ever play for Manly --- the Prince of Brookvale, know that.

I don't know lodge nor his ex, but I do know that there are always 2 sides to a story. And until such times that a Court tells me that he did what person X said he did (like in NY) the girlfriend should press charges and we can all form a legitimate opinion.

As a side note, I am not a supporter of him playing for one minute. I just want due diligence on both sides to be done before the ban hammer is dropped.
Mate, he was charged with assaulting his misses in 2016 and plead guilty. So whether or not her accusations are true or not aren't an issue. He bashes and intimidates women.
Having this bloke play is a step backwards for league in it's efforts to involve women in league.
It's a joke and makes the NRL look stupid.
Does Lodge wear a pink jersey during women in league round?

"There are weekly rumours that agents in the game are ready to expose Greenberg. The never-ending investigation into player agents and their level of involvement in the Eels’ salary-cap drama is starting to frustrate everyone. There is a thought that the reason it has taken so long is because one of the agents being looked into – Isaac Moses – is very close with Greenberg'.....
from the Sydney Morning Herald piece, quoted in the salary cap thread

Moses is also Matt Lodges manager .... o_O

The whole compensation thing is a bit Amercian and I honestly don't care if the majority is never paid, he will never be allowed back in the country.
I think it rubs people the wrong way because he didn't really have any jail stint like Packer, makes you wonder what was really going onon wi Hoppa, did the club just not think he was good enough? Lodge rap sheet is pretty serious but so was AFB, Packer and they are doing ok

Mate, he was charged with assaulting his misses in 2016 and plead guilty. So whether or not her accusations are true or not aren't an issue. He bashes and intimidates women.
Having this bloke play is a step backwards for league in it's efforts to involve women in league.

Look if convicted and sentenced and served then I misread it and took it as the same thing Inglis did to his defacto.

No conviction there and no charges. I didn't realise Lodge was not convicted.

Tha main point here mate is the erratic behavior of the NRL in deciding who gets a 2nd chance and who doesn’t. There is no transparency, no consistency, no criteria which gives rise to people’s suspicions that there are 2 sets of rules and the playing field is not even.

Then there is the issue that Greenberg has been caught out lying, not for the first, second or third time.

If only blokes like Carney had an equal hearing and allowed the same number of strikes as the CEO.

AFB did bash his partner which no one here condones. What he did afterwards was serve time in jail, did all of his counseling and has now, by all accounts, kept his family happier than they've ever been before. He's publicly downs humility and respect.

Lodge on the other hand shows no remorse, did not take on the punishment for what he did in the USA and his partner still loathes the ****. Oh and don't forget all the lies even after his so-called rehabilitation and getting ****ing eyeballs from Green****.

Bennet should ask darius for his balls back and sack Lodge to show that the NRMA broncos stand for something.

Todd Greenberg is sailing very close to the wind and might just become too big a liability for the NRL Commission. No one is irresplaceable. The Broncos might loose NRMA sponsorship and if so no one else will touch them with a ten foot pole. Bennett is a Dinosaur who thinks he can bully the press and hoodwink the supporters!

Well I stand corrected then. He was in front of a judge so be it. He plead guilty - so be it, and the judge obviously gave him a sentence worthy of that.

We live in awkward times, and if he is not gaoled for his crime, he is free to roam.

I do not convict, I simply wish for him to be sentenced correctly. Sadly we cannot all have that it seems.

@EagleFlys
The girlfriend did press charges and Lodge was charged with 6 counts of DV and was actually on Probation in 2015 when he went off to the US, to terrorise 2 women and assault the man who offered them sanctuary in his home .

Lodge was then awarded a Civil settlement against him in the US that he hasn't started paying yet

A civil dispute? So money would make him fit and proper?
He was not gaoled for a crime by a COURT OF LAW, and he was free to leave the US. Just like many wife/partner/defactos or girlfriend beaters - he was allowed to play.

Bennet is the problem, winning at all costs is the motive. Women and children are the collateral damage.

Jump on the bandwagon. He is not the issue, the win at all costs mentality is. There is enough "women" in league, and if they started to berate lodge he (more than likely) would be banned. But they are not in a united voice, and he isn't, so let it go.

You want to ban someone to make women feel safe? Ban Wayne Bennet, he is after all the paymaster.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8