Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
I heard the board said no because they didn't want him to damage our brand and also sponsors didn't want to be associated with him

I heard the board said no because they didn't want him to damage our brand and also sponsors didn't want to be associated with him
The thing about signing Todd Carney types is there is really nothing to lose. If it comes off you get to beat your chest about how great your club culture is and how you reformed him. If it doesn’t we just say oh well, he is a bad dude and we did our best to help him. There’s no way we can lose.

You aren't going to get a marquee quality 5/8 (and he is much more talented than Green) for Leagues minimum salary. One year deal. $100,000. If he messes around, see ya. If he's a gun, 2 year $350k per year deal ready to be signed.

Im in no rush to see this end. Manly need to do this right and defend its position. Its possible the whole 3rd party system could be challenged

Its obvious by the extensions they have no intention of rolling over. End result is the only thing that matters.

Sure a few potentials have flown the coop but there is always more. We have purchased potential and it would be nice to see if any of these players step up. If they do manly win and should be able to negotiate a good deal moving forward,

If not we will be able to enter the market next season . While plenty of halves got locked up a contract means ****.

It will get sorted at some point and if its positive we will have money to spend before june 30. By then a number six may be the least of our concerns anyway

The NRL rules around squads are completely out of touch with the game and our leaders dont have the vision to affect change, and are not forced to by the clubs as they can exercise discretionary powers to suit the clubs most likely to challenge there dictatorship.

Manly has always punched above its weight, at least since superleague crippled our finances so seeing manly stand up to the NRL is better than any local derby or GF rematch as far as im concerned, and its potentially the best game of the season

Im a tragic but seeing greenbut squirm is just as good as flogging brisbane.

Agree it’s a joke they banned carney for the bubbler, a stupid thing to do on the piss, when the likes of packer, lodge etc can play. But if you palm the jamil hoppa ban off by saying the world is against us, you obviously don’t know the victim. He kicked the absolute **** out of the poor kid, people have died from less beatings. Let’s not be that one sighted as manly supporters.
I think you missed e point, Hoppa was banned but Packer, lodge etc were not for similar or worse offences

Carney and the bubbler gets a lot of air time, but he had a couple of dd and evading police charges as well. I think its right the NRlL look to protect the brand and draw a line in the sand. He couldnt get his **** together. Fair enough he is young but

But again the discretion shown towards others is the issue. Im all for rehabiltating people but the nrl is driven by the media and its powrful men. They need to be clear, consistent and fair, not this ad hoc process that has dogged the game for too long.

Our leaders are weak, reactionary pawns that do the game more harm than the piss heads and violent, drugtakers ever will

Society kind of expects the footy players to be boof heads, and accepts it is a business that will attract a certain amount of poor behaviour. But the levels of deception the leaders of our game allegedly show is just unacceptable

The Leaders need poor headlines to keep themselves out of the news. The more carney is in the news the better, even if he doesnt even play in the nrl

Carney and the bubbler gets a lot of air time, but he had a couple of dd and evading police charges as well. I think its right the NRlL look to protect the brand and draw a line in the sand. He couldnt get his **** together. Fair enough he is young but

But again the discretion shown towards others is the issue. Im all for rehabiltating people but the nrl is driven by the media and its powrful men. They need to be clear, consistent and fair, not this ad hoc process that has dogged the game for too long.

Our leaders are weak, reactionary pawns that do the game more harm than the piss heads and violent, drugtakers ever will

Society kind of expects the footy players to be boof heads, and accepts it is a business that will attract a certain amount of poor behaviour. But the levels of deception the leaders of our game allegedly show is just unacceptable

The Leaders need poor headlines to keep themselves out of the news. The more carney is in the news the better, even if he doesnt even play in the nrl
And he was also banned from Goulburn for 12 months he is a drop kick we don't need

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...3177c617e?sv=eb19f5561671e08bade4d17ce75f9c7f

seems like the nrl don't mind drug users returning:

THE NRL is willing to extend Ben Barba a last chance lifeline — as long as he can prove he’s a changed man.

Based in the UK Super League with St Helens, the former Sharks premiership-winning fullback undeniably pricked the ears of NRL clubs with his comments in the wake of a stunning man-of-the-match performance last weekend.
The 28-year-old, who was suspended for 12-matches and subsequently released by Cronulla after testing positive to cocaine for a second time in November 2016, declared his dream was to return to the NRL.

“If the NRL allows me to, I’d love to come back,” Barba told NRL.com after scoring two tries and setting up several others for St Helens.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/b5afd5716fe1c45bc1475f99cf0fd917

seems like the nrl don't mind drug users returning:

THE NRL is willing to extend Ben Barba a last chance lifeline — as long as he can prove he’s a changed man.

Based in the UK Super League with St Helens, the former Sharks premiership-winning fullback undeniably pricked the ears of NRL clubs with his comments in the wake of a stunning man-of-the-match performance last weekend.
The 28-year-old, who was suspended for 12-matches and subsequently released by Cronulla after testing positive to cocaine for a second time in November 2016, declared his dream was to return to the NRL.

“If the NRL allows me to, I’d love to come back,” Barba told NRL.com after scoring two tries and setting up several others for St Helens.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/b5afd5716fe1c45bc1475f99cf0fd917
What you have with Barba is an indigenous family man trying to to the best for his family, and on the road to redemption, what you have with Carney is an ordinary white bloke, now what makes a better NRL story?.

These grubs are good enough role models to play in the NRL but Carney can't..........talk about double standards!!! I despise Greenberg with a passion!!!

MATT LODGE ( BRISBANE BRONCOS)
STALKING, INTIMIDATION & ASSAULT
CURRENTLY ANOTHER BRISBANE PLAYER UNDER INVESTIGATION

DAN SARGINSON (GOLD COAST TITANS)
ASSUALT

RUSSEL PACKER (ST GEORGE)
ASSAULT > 1 YR IMPRISONMENT

JAKE FRIEND (ROOSTERS)
ASSAULT IN 2010 > CLEARED TO PLAY SAME YEAR

BLAKE FERGUSON (ROOSTERS)
ASSAULT IN 2013

DANNY WICKS (PARRAMATTA)
18 MONTHS IMPRISONMENT FOR SUPPLYING DRUGS

KENNY EDWARDS (PARRAMATTA)
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

SEMI RADRADRA (EX PARRAMATTA)
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

SEAN KENNY DOWELL (KNIGHTS)
DOMESTIC VILOENCE / DRUGS

KIRISOME AUAV’A (SOUTH SYDNEY)
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

ZANE TETEVANO (ROOSTERS)
ASSUALT > JAILED FOR 9 MONTHS

OTHER PLAYERS WITH LESSER CHARGES:
MITCHELL PEARCE (KNIGHTS)

What you have with Barba is an indigenous family man trying to to the best for his family, and on the road to redemption, what you have with Carney is an ordinary white bloke, now what makes a better NRL story?.

Packer, Lodge, Hoppa Jr, James Roberts. Your narrative doesn't hold up.

I think he likely rubbed too many powerful people the wrong way. How many promises did he break / fools did he make? Politis? NRL top brass? Player managers? Then to (successfully) sue the Sharks - I think he's just burned too many bridges

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8