Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
He had a good game today against Wigan.
I agree, but I am in two minds about him coming to Manly. If we got the Carney from 5 years ago it's a yes, but I feel he may never be at that level again. But on the other side of the coin, who is the better option ( beside DCE). Not much out there and can't see any young blokes that will leed a team around the park. He does have good football in him, but weather he can stay injury and trouble free is the big question.

I agree, we would have no hope with 2 rookie halves. We had 2 rookies in 2011 and............oh wait...........ummmmm

Starting 2011 Foran had played 32 NRL games and 2 tests he was no rookie. DCE had played a full season in arguably the 3rd best competition in the world where he claimed the player of the year honours, he was an exceptional talent from the beginning. We were very lucky that Foran and DCE came NRL ready when they stepped into 1st grade. Look at other rookie halves like Brooks/Moses even Ben Hunt who had huge wraps on them as youngsters the transition can take a lot longer then 1 or 2 years, it took Hunt 4.

Move DCE on and throw the farm at Blake. He's unbelievable, the passion and relentless effort is something I haven't seen from any of our drama queens since last September. How refreshing to see.
Yeah he goes real good. The constant backing up after he passes and always there abouts when something is happening. Pity he is signed for a couple more years. Really thought he would have been a go for NSW team.

I think carney is the best option available even if it is for a cpl of years while we develop travers or pearsall or find one somewhere else.. We need an experienced half if we want to make the eight next year simple.. Carney on his day can be one of the best in the Comp I would give him another chance and who knows it may pay off. And we may all learn to love him. If not what do we have to lose??

The thing about Blake Austin though is mistakes. Yes, he has hit a bit of a purple patch and he is entertaining, but he is still very raw. Low % options when they're needed and astute reads in defence are not his forte. He needs to maintain this form and play mistake free for longer than 10 weeks to earn higher honours in my opinion.

I am not over the moon about the Blues team, but I think they picked Hodkinson for his defence on the edges.

The thing about Blake Austin though is mistakes. Yes, he has hit a bit of a purple patch and he is entertaining, but he is still very raw. Low % options when they're needed and astute reads in defence are not his forte. He needs to maintain this form and play mistake free for longer than 10 weeks to earn higher honours in my opinion.

I am not over the moon about the Blues team, but I think they picked Hodkinson for his defence on the edges.
Are you kidding me, Blake makes both our halves look like they're on sedatives. He plays with so much passion as if every game he was playing for a contract. That's what you pay big money for. Not some half ass effort we've seen for 4 months.

We are apparently talking to the young number 7 from the bronco's lower grade too. I was talking to an old bloke here today that is a mad Bronco fan, and was also tangled with Manly years ago. I'm talking years ago. He's in his 70's now and reckons he was in the "key club" when Terry Randall was playing centre for Manly.

Anyway, he is pretty dirty on us at the moment because he says we are chasing this young bloke pretty hard...

We are apparently talking to the young number 7 from the bronco's lower grade too. I was talking to an old bloke here today that is a mad Bronco fan, and was also tangled with Manly years ago. I'm talking years ago. He's in his 70's now and reckons he was in the "key club" when Terry Randall was playing centre for Manly.

Anyway, he is pretty dirty on us at the moment because he says we are chasing this young bloke pretty hard...
If DCE backflips I have a feeling the Broncos won't release him to us; if DCE goes, then we are in with a much better shot of getting him.

Gibbsy reporting that we are talking 2 Chad Townsend over the weekend.
That's great so next year our team is:

1 Townsend
2 Cornish
3 carney
4 ash Taylor
5 myler
6 Kieran
7 Dce

Our back line is totally halves. Are there enough rumours to get us a forward pack of halves too?
If the bird rumours are true I'd play him more like a 5/8.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10