• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well....

It seems that with 1 game to go, there's a two point gap at the top top top of the leader board.

So... as it's obvious that hell hath frozen over - I'm sure whomever has won will grab a quick 7 hours sleep and probably post more about it tomorrow (as I think first prize is... 'the internet')

:) :cool: 🤷‍♂️:eek:
Well done, congratulations 🥳 being number 1 for the season.

Well....

It seems that with 1 game to go, there's a two point gap at the top top top of the leader board.

So... as it's obvious that hell hath frozen over - I'm sure whomever has won will grab a quick 7 hours sleep and probably post more about it tomorrow (as I think first prize is... 'the internet')

:) :cool: 🤷‍♂️:eek:
Well done GE, you and your hat, sleep well ;)

Well done, too good, credit to the boys, you did it in a canter!
He's off with the prize :)

Running Away Champions League GIF by UEFA

Hell hath frozen over.
or
A victory for boofheads everywhere!

A few years ago, there used to be a weekly wrap up written by an insightful, witty and hilarious poster on here.....

...I don't do them anymore so I'll take this five seconds of fame to say:

Congratulations to the other 61 members who were willing and able in this time of a pandemic to sign up for the tipping comp.

Without a doubt this is the best technically run and designed nrl fan forum site on the net. There's a lot more to it then paying for a go-daddy website and everything is "unicorns and @eagleron 's sausage rolls and pies"!

Servers, programs, support and (add other technical sounding jargon to sound smart here) costs money and @Dan won't ever ask for it, so the comp is our way of helping out; if we can...and if we want to. So well done you 61 champions!

Special mentions:

@Jethro finished second this year. Jethro finished second last year. See Jethro go postal!
Our 'go to' guy who puts more work into the game day threads than a chief block stacker in ancient Egypt, and kept the leaders honest right up to the last round.
In fact we matched scores for the last 12 weeks. I know how frustrating that can be when chasing a score! Well done mate.

@mickqld - the comps long time leader who unfortunately fell victim to a couple of 1 point losses which I picked up. All credit to you for your 'Hail Mary' choices going for those upsets. A real 'go down swinging' attitude if there was one.

@Tareeeagle who gave me the advice not to overthink the last two rounds, which I didn't take and I spent more time thinking about the Raiders v Roosters game than nasa when charged with putting some dude on the moon.

@ABTK @ALinda @Stuey Davis Socks @Thomas who either lead or were in medal positions during the season, well done!

No special mention for @SeaEagleRock8 who tried to psyche me into making crap choices :p Joke's on you...I'm not smart enough to have a psyche..! I'd have a milkshake though. Well done on your high finish as well.

So what was the secret to my super duper successful season?

"A good guess is better than a bad calculation." - lol

I don't watch games besides Manly, no plethora of footy shows viewing for me, no pouring over lists, comments, markets, tarot cards nor tea leaves. No last minute game info due to dodgy time zones and travelling.

It was the case that many games were easier to pick under vlandyball, and I got a few close 1 pointers. - that's it.

Which means:

If I can do it, anyone can!

Now bow down before your supreme all powerful leader! Mwah ha ha ha haaaaaar!

I moose be going, interviews to conduct, movie deals to sign.

Thanks everyone! :)

Hey nice write-up, and what a humble winner!
I'd just like to echo those sentiments .. Hello hello hello
Specifically, where you said if you can do it, anyone can (also the bit about you're not smart enough to have a psyche) @:D
Thanks to Dan for keeping the site alive and to everyone who contributed by being in this year's comp.
Go Manly!

So I have set the system to do a recount.....bad news.......

GE need to get your address to ship your brand new jersey off to you, unless you want to collect in person

So I have set the system to do a recount.....bad news.......

GE need to get your address to ship your brand new jersey off to you, unless you want to collect in person

Holy poop on a stick. I completely forgot about the jersey as a prize!

@:blush:

A heritage jersey sounds awesome

"XL" sounds...optimistic, lol

I do want to collect it in person, but straya wont let me in to see me dear ole Dad... so I dunno if this will be a better reason (especially as scotty from marketing is a sharks fan..haha)

I'm ignoring the recount comment...unless there's finals for the first time...then I'm screwed. hah..wah

Congrats Global Eagle, as long as you know you are only keeping the seat warm for me to resume my rightful place again next season. I can't string two seasons together, but it has been win lose win lose, which makes next year win. Hope that doesn't scare too many players off knowing the result so far in advance.
Dan - again well done and thank you. See you next year.

@globaleagle

pfffft , I ran 20th and didn’t get a mention.

AND, I was the first to congratulate you.

PS: Lol

special mention to @Mark from Brisbane who knows that every (retirement) year he'll be putting tips in weeks in advance without the knowledge of form / favour / flavour / flav .....

And yet he still joins in! Well done.

Rumour has it that he hates fishing, camping, and generally being away from home but he sacrifices all of his creature comforts - just so Manly can have a few wins!

Thank you!

:)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8