Time for an ownership change?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Yes, Trent can't coach, and most of our players can't play. But does anybody really think a change in coach is going to magically make us competitive again? Given this is a results-driven business, do the Penns need to go? Does anybody think they actually have a longterm vision for the club? Are they prepared to throw good money after bad? Do they even have the money to throw? Will they ever feel the public adulation they so desperately crave and deserve?
Lotsa questions. Unfortunately, like everybody else, I don't have any answers. But if we really want things to change, why not start at the top?

To be totally honest, the only real hope we have is a change of owners. The Penns are hopeless & just running the place into the ground. I still care enough to follow the team & even be on supporter sites like these but after several years of this, I'm all but numb to the results like tonight.

If the club was for sale their would be buyers lining up. Only drama is those buyers may want to move the club as a condition of sale.

Basically a change in coach changes everything. It changes recruitment, it changes mentality, it changes standards. The players are mostly soft little dickheads, although once the new coach comes in and changes everything, if a good coach, they all will soon disappear and/or change and if we get Des and/or Toovs it'll be for the better.

I still think the Penn's are trying the "Major League" theory of purposely driving down attendances below league minimums so they can relocate.

I still think the Penn's are trying the "Major League" theory of purposely driving down attendances below league minimums so they can relocate.
We need to sign a wild thing for next season and put the kybosh on that

If you believe reports in the media they knocked back a $12mil offer this year. Not sure what they think it is worth

Given Zorba has just started talking up relocation you can bet that is the agenda now. I never believed it before; however, we all know the pattern that Zorba and the Penns follow. Drive their agenda in the Manly Daily, get Richie to talk it up and then it happens.

Last edited:
There would only be 1 person stupid enough to pay big dollars and buy us now ........... Greg Florimo.
The owners had a chance at $12 million but missed the boat on receiving that sort of money.

Basically a change in coach changes everything. It changes recruitment, it changes mentality, it changes standards. The players are mostly soft little dickheads, although once the new coach comes in and changes everything, if a good coach, they all will soon disappear and/or change and if we get Des and/or Toovs it'll be for the better.
I prefer your choices Harry but you can add Madge to that list of coaches who wouldn't tolerate some of these blokes on the roster.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8