Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll translate the News Conference for you:

ASADA's got nothin.......and now they're going to try and coerce & bully the players on a one to one basis.

manlyfan76 said:
So I'd presume that 14 of the 31players are the Sharkies players?

lsz said:
Which political party is Smith from?

I think he is a democrats but he could be a republican.

Shouldn't presume anything based on media garbage

Like how 17 of them were Manly players etc

Brissie Kid said:
Love seeing the media conferences covered live. You can hear the dumb reporters asking stupid questions.

Good news is the club is cleared.

To play the devils advocate for a moment, I wouldn't say cleared just yet. Who is to say that during the interview process something doesn't come up that they didn't previously know about which might implicate the club as opposed to an individual?

Ralphie said:
I'll translate the News Conference for you:

ASADA's got nothin.......and now they're going to try and coerce & bully the players on a one to one basis.

ASADA were gunna name players, and gunna offer them a 6 month suspension instead of 2 years, and gunna name some more players, and gunna out clubs, and were gunna provide evidence, and gunna be the big bad wolf.

But guess what,

Gunna means they would if they could, but they can't cause the have nothing other than hearsay.

So now the big bad wolf is gunna threaten the poor little players one on one with a big stick hanging over theirs heads.

Well I certainly hope that the players are gunna take their Barristers in with them and say "unless you have solid proof I am gunna sue the arses off you pricks if this gets out"!!

Following this post I am gunna get back to work!!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Answers to Frequently asked Questions about ASADA investigation: http://t.co/TgA6YwPO2r #NRL

Thanks BE. This is the most useful thing I have read on the topic.

One thing it does confirm is that the Sharks are in massive trouble.

MadMarcus said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Answers to Frequently asked Questions about ASADA investigation: http://t.co/TgA6YwPO2r #NRL

Most people will gain that impression from this repeated line from the FAQ:

"aside from some well documented concerns at Cronulla"

Im not so sure that suggests a massive problem for the Sharks. What I read into it is:

a) ASADA have no evidence of systemic doping at any other club
b) ASADA have "concerns" but might or might not have "infractionable" type evidence about systemic problems at Cronulla
c) ASADA has a fair way to go with its investigation at Cronulla
d) nothing new is being presented about Cronulla at this time
and lastly, for the conspiracy theorists:
e) We cant rule out the ARLC secretly hoping to take this opportunity to relocate the Sharks & shrink the Sydney club base

So we have another press conference that says nothing.

Let me see, is there anything else dominating the news right now?

Nope, nothing to see here........

Jatz Crackers said:
MadMarcus said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Im not so sure that suggests a massive problem for the Sharks. What I read into it is:

b) ASADA have "concerns" but might or might not have "infractionable" type evidence about systemic problems at Cronulla
e) We cant rule out the ARLC secretly hoping to take this opportunity to relocate the Sharks & shrink the Sydney club base

Good summation there Jatz!!

I personally do not think this is about moving the Sharks, but if they ever wanted to, this could be a big opportunity to do so!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Jatz Crackers said:
MadMarcus said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

I personally do not think this is about moving the Sharks, but if they ever wanted to, this could be a big opportunity to do so!!

If Cronulla go surely it makes us a lot safer.

manlyfan76 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Jatz Crackers said:
MadMarcus said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

If Cronulla go surely it makes us a lot safer.
Moving us or the sharks is stupid. We are the extreme north as they are the extreme south.

There areas of mass saturation are
The Central Sydney area with souths, roosters and even St George all very close.
The western area , Penrith, parra, tigers and dogs.

There is not one single person in the public domain who has any f...ing idea whatsoever what ASADA has or does not have yet we continue to get these catchcries of 'they've got nothing"" another "bull**** press conference"" ""its all a bluff"". The people who have read and seen the evidence suggest we have a problem. They have the small and seemingly forgotten advantage over the masses like us in that THEY HAVE ACTUALLY READ THE REPORT!

The only thing we know with absolute certianty is we know nothing.I have no idea how this will end but it ain''t that difficult boys'.

Why dont we all wait 4 - 6weeks as Smith suggests, see if any players are given breach notices and the answer will be provided. To suggest any of us has any real idea of the extent of this is ridiculous.I hope it revolves around a small number of rogue players but I ,like everyone else,know nothing.

If the list of players is close to that of those players speculated to be implicated in this mess, then one player agent is going to have a savage reduction in earnings.

Or every player in the nrl, under 20's and nsw cup all plead guilty tomorrow. Every single player. What could the nrl do then? Could make a mockery of ASADA that's for sure.

ok, biggest scoop in town boys and girls is Miss Feisty Gillard to be rolled sometime over this weekend bringing an election a lot closer to us all.

ASADA to lose funding to its already dysfunctional unit,

some Labour stooge front bencher, or back bencher on the way out to centre link spills the beans and will say we had nothing all along about drugs in sport, our main source of information was the local footy forums, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

and yes I agree sports and politics don’t mix,

so F---- OFF NOW.

Did you read the article from the smh a couple of days ago?

Where the pollys were invited into the process?

I am guessing not

This enthusiastic post encapsulates some of the most glaring misconceptions in this whole discussion:

Manly1973 said:
ok, biggest scoop in town boys and girls is Miss Feisty Gillard to be rolled sometime over this weekend bringing an election a lot closer to us all.

ASADA to lose funding to its already dysfunctional unit,
Quite possibly, as the Liberals traditionally slash government funding to a whole raft of agencies and services. However this would not bring an end to the investigation, it would actually prolong it.

Manly1973 said:
some Labour stooge front bencher, or back bencher on the way out to centre link spills the beans and will say we had nothing all along about drugs in sport, our main source of information was the local footy forums, BLAH BLAH BLAH.
See Susan's post #415 above. The assumption that there is simply no evidence would be amusing if the potential repercussions were not so serious.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8