The Turnaround

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This was exactly what the Coach and players were saying all along. We were just priming to come good. Des knew it, The players knew it, many on here knew and some on here just wouldn't look at reason and facts.

We lost to Penrith and Rooters in first 2 rounds not the cowboys and tiigers.
I don’t think it was just the opposition in the first two weeks...we lacked energy and were poor and the criticism was fair. If we played Penrith or Chooks last night, we’d have fared better. Not saying we win but we’ve clearly upped our intensity.

Mongrel is back in our pack. Haumole has been huge the last 3 weeks and last night he terrorized the Newcastle pack. Joined by Jake, Aloiai and Davey playing with energy and aggression our pack monstered the Newcastle pack. And our bench last night was fantastic making real impact. Walker has been brilliant.

Was awesome to see our forwards get on top and stay there and to my mind that was the first time this year outside of some brief periods last week. My only note of caution would be that the Knights pack were decimated by absence and injury and were gassed late abd ripe for the picking BUT no question Aloiai has given us some extra punch carrying the ball and in defence and has made a big difference. We need a go forward carry leader and hopefully he is it.

We look much more composed & our defence has that steely resolve again.

We're making less mistakes & looking very businesslike too.

Also looking a lot fitter.

I don’t think it was just the opposition in the first two weeks...we lacked energy and were poor and the criticism was fair. If we played Penrith or Chooks last night, we’d have fared better. Not saying we win but we’ve clearly upped our intensity.
Definitely playing better and more physical.
But ,that Knights team was horrendous.

DCE kicking game has been really good these last 2 weeks (despite croker being hooker ) and has helped the forwards, the team . true the forwards have been waaay better but poor decision making rather than opportunities to play smart cost us plenty in the big games last season and early this

so do we now have an overnight game manager, general kicker who positions himself completely differently, feeds early ball, and can now kick with frog as hooker, or is this some craze we will drop when toms back so we can resume normalaties

im only asking because we pretty much ignore it mostly. is the team growing, is dce evolving , has des learnt to coach , or do they just play like naughty boys with security blanket tommy in the side

is this a new dawn, the true believers of the one true halfback, to rule them all, and lead them to the holy grail.

If so can i come ? i like grails........ in fact we already have one

The reason for the turn around the last three weeks, is less about what we’re doing with the ball, and more about defence. Tonight, we looked angry. We had line speed and we were trying to smash the opposition on every tackle. Everything comes off the back of that.

It all comes down to D. Haumole, Jake and Croker were keen to maim tonight.
Throw harper in there. he has not been moving up in sync with DCE, looked much better last night

DCE kicking game has been really good these last 2 weeks (despite croker being hooker ) and has helped the forwards, the team . true the forwards have been waaay better but poor decision making rather than opportunities to play smart cost us plenty in the big games last season and early this

so do we now have an overnight game manager, general kicker who positions himself completely differently, feeds early ball, and can now kick with frog as hooker, or is this some craze we will drop when toms back so we can resume normalaties

im only asking because we pretty much ignore it mostly. is the team growing, is dce evolving , has des learnt to coach , or do they just play like naughty boys with security blanket tommy in the side

is this a new dawn, the true believers of the one true halfback, to rule them all, and lead them to the holy grail.

If so can i come ? i like grails........ in fact we already have one
I think we play more direct without Tom. When Tom plays, we rely on him too much to do everything, players sit back too much and we use his block play where jake plays out the back way too much.

When the forwards roll their sleeves up and run through the middle, direct we look way better, then can use Tom more selective. When we did this last year, we looked very formidable.

Trick is now to get angry and fire up against the top sides without getting carried away. When we play good % football, good kicking game etc we look a completely different side. A lot is mental, when they believe and all have a crack as a side together fun to watch.

I also think Josh has made a difference and even strong carries from Tippy toes last night are helping us get onto the front foot earlier

With schuster back next week, Who misses out I assume Keppie. Guess depends how Marty recovers
Im not sure I want to see Keppie left out, he has that mongrel factor which serves us well. I suspect it will be Davey, but whoever it is they can count themselves unlucky.

Got to celebrate a good win.

After doing so.

We then need to put it into perspective.
They had 2 trys disallowed.
Numerous injury's which seen blokes playing out of position or stayed on busted.
We certainly weren't a class above.

Let the turn around continue.

Onwards and Upwards.

The reason for the turn around the last three weeks, is less about what we’re doing with the ball, and more about defence. Tonight, we looked angry. We had line speed and we were trying to smash the opposition on every tackle. Everything comes off the back of that.

It all comes down to D. Haumole, Jake and Croker were keen to maim tonight.
And let’s not forget Joshie A, he’s been on a mission the last two weeks !!

We look much more composed & our defence has that steely resolve again.

We're making less mistakes & looking very businesslike too.

Also looking a lot fitter.
Agree with most of that, but man, we still make too many mistakes at the attacking end for my liking. If we'd capitalised on early pressure and field position, the Knights would have never been in that game. Instead of scoring points, we'd drop the ball on an early tackle and follow it up with a penalty or two to get the Knights out of trouble.

Without the two disallowed Knights tries (both of which were easy decisions for the bunker idiots to make, thank God), we could have been in a lot of trouble. Even then, we only pulled away very late. We were clearly the better team but we still could have lost that game.

Bit like last year, its more to do with the draw, and how Des approaches early season matches.

Away matches vs Penrith and Roosters were tough just like last years first 4 matches vs Roosters, Bunnies, Dragons (away) and Penrith.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8