[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
U can do all the Theoretical coaching u want, if the players done buy into a love bond "win at all cost WAR attitude" ur just farting in thunder

13450877_584615325058437_4546124531837309807_n.jpg

In the words of the late great "Classy" Freddie Blassie....

Penn looks like a pencil neck geek in that picture lol

Well I am a very lost and dejected person at the moment. I wish I had answers to our Clubs Problems but I really don't know which direction we should take. But here goes. I will Probably get shot down in flames. But hey That's Life.
1. We get rid of the Penn's,Humpty Zorba and Co
2. We Bring Crusher Back to do our Recruitment
3. We keep Barrett but as an Assistant.
4. We Sign a Proven Coach. Maybe Ivan Cleary or Craig Bellamy or if we have to eat our words and get Hasler back. But we can't go backwards and get another Rookie Coach. Big Mistake.
5. We don't sign any Player who is ready for the Pension. I honestly thought the Nate Myles thing would work but is hasn't sad to say because Nate was a very good forward once.
6. Get rid of Half our Roster. If players like Lewis Brown, Nathan Green , Brayden Willame etc are our future then sorry but we are in big Trouble.
7. Sign a Big up and coming Bopper prop. I know a few of us like Darcy Lussick but sorry he is not what we need. He doesn't have the Impact like a Aaron Woods or a Matty Scott. We need a Pack of forwards who love the Jersey Love this Team and Love our Club. We need to go back to when we would Bleed Maroon n White for this Great Club.
8. Sign a 5/8 suited to Cherry Evans because sorry but we have another 9 Years of DCE. Don't get me wrong but I love DCE but we need a 5/8 that can pick up when he is down. We don't have someone who can compliment him atm. Dylan Walker is a must keep for he is a Centre with speed to burn. We need to sign or groom a Good back up half for DCE. Not makeshift halves. It just doesn't work. But in saying that I do like Goddinet.
9. We need to tie up our youth. Where are all our Under 20s from last year all we hear about is Liam Knight and Tom Trbojevic and Nic Hynes. There were a few of them guys that I thought in Time would mature. I think that young kid we signed from Union is Injury Proned and that's a waste.
10. Yes we have had a bad year with Injuries and blokes out of form so for times like this we need depth and by going by Barretts selections every week we don't have any. Who is doing the recruiting. Where are all our scouts. Come and look up here in Queensland we have plenty of good young talent up here.

Well that's my Rant and Shoot me down as I know some of you will.

Up the Mighty Seaeagles and up the Mighty Maroons

Mods, can we change the name of this thread please to the " Boze Vent", because if he hasn't already been picking the side and running the show with Twenty only the front man, then after this weeks announcement you can be assured its the case.

Yeah Nah is only on L Plates, the ones behind the scenes are controlling the joint.

I love Tooves. He did a great job with what he had and situation etc. He had to go because he was not wanted by the only ones that decide, the owners and this was carried out by their go to men Bozo and Zorba. I seems like every other staff member, coaching, support and in house. It was virtually like starting a new team.

To produce results this year would seem near impossible.

I did not like the appointing Tb as coach as I still have that bad taste that Tooves was treated so poorly (and other staff). Now he is there if he is to succeed it will take time. The call for his sacking should not be considered. I believe he should have free rein until end of 2017.

It's this: our Manly spirit.
I have come to love and admire this DEFENSIVE NEVER SAY DIE spirit so much AND it's gone this year. Where is it? GONE. We all know defence wins games.
A coach that's not played for Manly cannot and will not ever understand this.

So that's No 1.
No 2 - where the hell is our attack?
Same problem - how many times do I see DCE spinning around with no idea in the opposition 20?

Our new coaching regime has managed to produce rare good defensive efforts and the odd good attacking set play or two and for mine this was on display in the Warriors win.

And there it ends.

Injuries? Yeah. Every NRL side faces those. I don't buy it.
Barrett has to go along with Cartwright. They're both bludgers with no idea.

I don't want to sit at Brookie in my season seat watching another repeat of this season. That's reality.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8