The Sei-build

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Mestrov knows exactly whats going on because he is the one signing the Isaac Moses clients (Luke brooks, tommy talau, woods, cooper johns, ben conden) at Seibolds/Moses request. Mestrov just dosent know how ugly it will get in the future. Especially now that manly are letting go of there future in latu and samuela fainu at Seibolds/Moses request.

2020 wooden spoon broncos when Seibold was in charge had 9 players managed by Isaac Moses. There is a reason phil gould despises isaac moses amd has a no isaac moses players policy at his clubs or at most very few.
I didn't know Ben Condon was a Moses client. Thanks for the info.

Wasn't he signed when Des was still coach?

Hey Danno

I always like to think that there’s often a lot more at play than we as fans know.

For example we offered Thomas Flegler big $$$ to come earlier this year so we are obviously keen on getting a gun prop.

So you could look at your analogy as,

Woods just replacing Boyle , neither great players but an improvement never the less as Boyle is ****ing hopeless.

Samuela , no inside knowledge but maybe he’s been offered big $$$ to move and if we are after a prop maybe we just can’t fit him in by doing both.

Keppie , see above

Not saying your comment is wrong ( it’s your opinion ) but I prefer to think “ outside the square “ when I hear about these possible moves.

In reality , we , as nufties , have no real idea of the workings behind the scene so anything we say is extremely subjective.
Nice post.

I stand corrected, but in my defence the timeline was pretty tight.

Des was sacked on 13 October, a few days before Condon signed on, on 19 October.

Wonder who really wanted him at the club - Seibold wasn't appointed coach until 8 November.

But he is being selected ahead of Keppie and Samuela Fainu. He isn't better than either of those two, not even close.
Look I'd play Keppie ahead of Woods but honestly I dont think Keppie has been dramatically better.

Both averaging 9 runs a game. Keppie 81m a game, Woods 65. So Keppie making more yards but Keppie averaging 2.3 missed tackles a game to Woods 0.3.

Keppie averaging more errors and less offloads.

Perhaps Seibold knows what he can get from Woods but knows he can get more from Keppie and has put a rocket up him to lift his game.

Samuela is obviously more to do with the current situation then performance, though even he is averaging 2 missed tackles a game and only 61 metres.

But he is being selected ahead of Keppie and Samuela Fainu. He isn't better than either of those two, not even close.
I’m talking about the next year situation , as to why they aren’t being selected currently possibly it’s

Keppie , sending him a message to be better or you’re gonski

Fainu, yeah strange one but oooks like both are well on the outer and are planning to move.

Re Samuela I can understand (not necessarily agree) with what the club is doing
1. He is not a middle forward which means he is against someone like Ben T for a bench spot not woods. As Ben T is better coverage out wide you can see why he gets picked ahead of him
2. His competitors for a role are then Ola or Kelma. You could make a case for him against Kelma but the club appears to rate him higher
3. With the Shu moving back into the forwards next year there is another spot taken

I can see why he is not getting a run / maybe leaving. Again do not agree with the logic but it is there if you want to look for it rather than blaming a manager

1. He is not a middle forward which means he is against someone like Ben T for
Actually I think I've seen him described as a prop, or prop/second rower.
He's still very young and will be a giant in a few years, but probably not ready for front row at NRL level just yet. But as a utility forward off the bench he's shown great energy and athleticism each time so far.
If he leaves it's a shame but can't keep them all. Others such as Suli, Fifita and Tuitavake didn't want to leave but only the lucky get to be Manly players.

1. He is not a middle forward which means he is against someone like Ben T for a bench spot not woods. As Ben T is better coverage out wide you can see why he gets picked ahead of him
2. His competitors for a role are then Ola or Kelma. You could make a case for him against Kelma but the club appears to rate him higher
3. With the Shu moving back into the forwards next year there is another spot taken

I can see why he is not getting a run / maybe leaving. Again do not agree with the logic but it is there if you want to look for it rather than blaming a manager
Similar with Latu really.

He won't displace DCE and who knows how long he'll play (see Cam Smith).

That leaves the 6 spot. DCE needs an experienced half so all the focus is not on him, hence Brooks. Schuster has done his apprenticeship and is there if one or other is out. We've brought in young Arthur who also has experience.

Latu is just 18 with a manager in a hurry. Where does he fit?

Similar with Latu really.

He won't displace DCE and who knows how long he'll play (see Cam Smith).

That leaves the 6 spot. DCE needs an experienced half so all the focus is not on him, hence Brooks. Schuster has done his apprenticeship and is there if one or other is out. We've brought in young Arthur who also has experience.

Latu is just 18 with a manager in a hurry. Where does he fit?
Very good point , so why waste cap space when he may not even get a run.

I’d rather his cap be spent on a big Prop.

I’m talking about the next year situation , as to why they aren’t being selected currently possibly it’s

Keppie , sending him a message to be better or you’re gonski

Fainu, yeah strange one but oooks like both are well on the outer and are planning to move.
I'm not a great Keppie fan to be honest but to punt Keppie & extend Woods is like choosing a fish finger over a seafood platter.
?????

I'm not a great Keppie fan to be honest but to punt Keppie & extend Woods is like choosing a fish finger over a seafood platter.
?????
Yeah but if the seafood platter is $220 and the fish finger is 25c and you've just realised your budget aint what it could be... might be inclined to fill up on those little crumbed delights for a while.

Especially if we want to get a new forward. Anyone think we aren't going to try to sign a new forward? All very well to sort out the halves and outside backs but everyone knows where games are really won (unless that's just one of those rugby league myths that has been in vogue for the last 120 years or so).

Yeah but if the seafood platter is $220 and the fish finger is 25c and you've just realised your budget aint what it could be... might be inclined to fill up on those little crumbed delights for a while.
Agreed @SeaEagleRock8: (IMHO)
Woods is being re-signed on much less money than Keppie. Woods essentially replaces Boyle in the thirty for 2024. Keppies money plus the money saved by the collective Fainus release, will enable us to sign a young forward with the ability to cover lock, second-row and prop. Naufahu Whyte would be ideal. Then with Schuster and possibly Parker moving into the back-row rotation, plus the re-signing of Bullemore, we will only need to upgrade Sykes into the thirty to have our full complement of forwards for 2024.

I haven't been underwhelemed by Woods so far (low expectations mind you) but maybe he is like fish extender, getting a few more dishes (seasons) out of him.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10