The Scam / JT Testimonial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Typical comment designed to make any dig at the game a dig against all Queenslanders (I still can't figure out how they play footy with chips on both shoulders).

I wonder how their team mates feel about putting their bodies and careers on the line to deliver the golden boys a paycheque ... it's disgusting to me.
It’s a trial match,just like every other teams play,pre season

Giant wankfest..on positive note Scameron took the opportunity to have a swipe at Fifita defecting to Tonga while Thurston applauded Taumalolos decision to follow his heart....

"Smith was clearly miffed by Fifita's change of heart, after he was selected to play for the Kangaroos only to pull the pin and join Tonga.
But the champion hooker acknowledged there isn't much he can do about it."
Smith was gruff when asked if he'd welcome Fifita back into the side once the World Cup was over.
"If he's playing well enough, then why not," Smith said....which in Scameronspeak means "Over my dead body"

"Thurston, who said his recovery from shoulder surgery was "ahead of schedule", stuck by North Queensland teammate Taumalolo's decision.
Like Smithy I was shocked about it as well, but ... as a mate and friend I support that decision," Thurston said. "As long as he's content with it in his heart then I'll support him."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/bd80590d868f4a7e3f3270adbb8d8302

...has gained ripples of objection in Sydney with concerns over salary cap issues but the players will share proceeds with nominate charities.

“Comments coming from south of the border are unfortunate,’’ Smith said.

We don’t make the rules. We don’t deal with salary caps. Our bosses handle that. Both of us have charities and a lot of the proceeds are going to charity.”

----
No sCam, you actually signed two contracts against Salary Cap Rules. Can't blame your bosses for your cheating your teamates and the players of 15 other Clubs :shake:

My main gripe with this rort is that the 2 Clubs are also allowed to register these 2 contracts at nominal value :mad:
Thereby, both will be 1 million over the Cap in 2018 with the NRL's help :banghead:
Definitely agree with you there happily.
The quote from scam is actually comical. "We don’t make the rules. We don’t deal with salary caps. Our bosses handle that."

So he is clever enough to be a leader in advocating for the RLPA, articulating issues of increased pay for everyone else, issues going to the core of the salary cap etc but he pleads the fifth and acts like a dumb cynt when it comes to his own pay check.. He is a low life self indulging snake.

The NRL is a fkn joke.
Headed by the biggest clown of them all.

This scenario is basically NRL sanctioned cap cheating.
It's galling that Greenturd forced Manly to include in the Cap in 2017, for 2 injured players who could not take the field.
But gifts the Clubs of these 2 able bodied players to be exempt from the Cap @:mad:

This is why the NRL is losing Fans who love the game and a level playing field in general @:cool:

Best thing about these Testi moan ials is that it means we will finally see the back of this disckhead Smith and he will just become a media dodging sack like Bellamy and Bennett.

It wouldn't surprise me to see these two actually being able to pocket the money while others (e.g. NRL, QRL, News, their clubs) covertly supply the cash.....in their names.....to whatever charities are nominated.

DW tax deductable donations they’ll probably get back in their tax return.

Absolute rort of epic proportions!!

Best thing about these Testi moan ials is that it means we will finally see the back of this disckhead Smith and he will just become a media dodging sack like Bellamy and Bennett.
Strange thing about this testimonial, is that Smith hasn't said he is retiring. Its just a trial match for money. So much for player burnout, doesn't matter when their is $700k up for grab$.

“Comments coming from south of the border are unfortunate,’’ Smith said.

I think the comments from South of the border are correct and there have to be questions asked as to why Scam and JT profit, regardless if it is for a charity when it is allowed on the salary caps of their respective clubs.

When you hear Scam state that it is not his responsibility about the management of the cap, that's our bosses job, well it shows you that when it was OK to sign two contracts knowing that the Drizzle was fully deceiving the game, it shows you how unfit this guy is to ever be considered an immortal. It will be a dark day if this is ever confirmed in my book!

For a while we have seen the fabric of our game eroded away by feeble leadership coming from Greenturd and his team which allows Scam Smith and JT freebies when other clubs get bugger all help to manage their caps, like our futile appeal to get dispensation for Snake and Skivvy who had legitimate injuries requiring immediate retirement and contrast that on how the Whingers got away with a shonky deal to get Whatmough off their cap.

For too long Greenturd and his agenda have slowly but surely undermined the fairness and level playing field of the competition and I fear the gap is only going to get wider under his watch. How on earth are Easts going to get Cronk under the cap??? If they sign him and do not lose players then we know for sure that this is a stitch-up of massive proportions.

The clubs have to do something fast before the Sydney clubs especially lose too much more, the thriving clubs are all based interstate and the Sydney clubs that are the backbone are exposed right now and they need to bind together and resist what is happening!!!

No tribute matches for players who's careers are cut short through injury?

McKinnon anyone? Last I heard NRL couldn't give a flying **** about him.

No let's just make extra money for the best paid and lauded players in the Comp.

**** the cripples.

What worries me the most, is a feeling Smith is being groomed for the top job. If that ever happens it'll be the end of footy for me.

Very well said.

Scary thing about Cronk is that if the Roosters find a suitable TPA through Politis and his connections then they aren't doing anything wrong. That's how ridiculous this TPA system is. Allows rich clubs to profit from success while completely undermining the Cap.

Sounds like it's possible, it'll just be up to Cooper.
Re politis, surely there is not that much dough in flogging fords? How does he make his money?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8