The Scam / JT Testimonial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Announced on Brisbane TV tonight as sometime in February.

And both of them were at Suncorp defending that it’s “ not about them it’s a charity event”.

I call absolute bull****, we know exactly what it is , yet another way to circumvent the Salary Cap.

Oh sure “ some money” might go to certain charities to make it look kosher BUT you can bet both of those players will get $500k and maybe more ( each ) for a nothing game.

It’s a joke, a fair dinkum joke.

It wouldn't surprise me to see these two actually being able to pocket the money while others (e.g. NRL, QRL, News, their clubs) covertly supply the cash.....in their names.....to whatever charities are nominated.

And the sad thing is that you know the banana bending hillbillies in Qld will turn out in droves to support these two.

It wouldn't surprise me to see these two actually being able to pocket the money while others (e.g. NRL, QRL, News, their clubs) covertly supply the cash.....in their names.....to whatever charities are nominated.

And the sad thing is that you know the banana bending hillbillies in Qld will turn out in droves to support these two.

Yep, especially as it’s a GF rematch , with all first graders playing ( so they say).

It's a terrible look for the game and even worse for these twits.
Multi millionaires getting to keep the profits from the game simply because it's their last season????
These 2 have been the highest paid players for years, get heaps more money from sponsors, an extra 90K from origin plus whatever a test match pays and both are guaranteed 6 figure jobs in the media and/ or coaching staff when they retire. You couldn't find 2 other players so well paid and setup and secure in life after football.
It's a complete ****ing joke, they should be completely embarrassed and ashamed of themselves for accepting the offer. It's one thing to be told every 5 mins how wonderful you are but to be financially rewarded for just being them is pathetic.
And we as league fans are just supposed to smile and clap and be in comple awe of these 2 and be grateful and feel blessed that they chose our sport to play.
****ing joke.

And both of them were at Suncorp defending that it’s “ not about them it’s a charity event”.

I call absolute bull****, we know exactly what it is , yet another way to circumvent the Salary Cap.

Oh sure “ some money” might go to certain charities to make it look kosher BUT you can bet both of those players will get $500k and maybe more ( each ) for a nothing game.

Is it a coincidence that as soon as this "event" was announced all talk of boycotting the Dally Ms stopped?

They played that up tonight but said “ a portion of the proceeds will go to our selected charities, not this is to raise money for our charities.

Don’t you worry the two biggest earners will be Scam and JT.
Smith was also talking for Thurston. Tosser.

The decision to allow this farce to proceed by Greenturd is another example of how the balance of power is north of the Tweed. The hypocrisy of this in allowing JT and Scam Smith a freebie when we could not get a paltry bit of dispensation to retain Gift a few years ago shows you that certain states and clubs are looked after and the rest of us are ignored!!

I agree 100% Mark. The game is dying and this wont help it at all. It only goes to show that Greenburg doesnt have a clue and is doing his best to get back in the good book with the players, and after all Scam Smith, is the head honcho with the players union

30 pieces of silver...adjusted for inflation....
= testimonial match!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/bd80590d868f4a7e3f3270adbb8d8302

...has gained ripples of objection in Sydney with concerns over salary cap issues but the players will share proceeds with nominate charities.

“Comments coming from south of the border are unfortunate,’’ Smith said.

We don’t make the rules. We don’t deal with salary caps. Our bosses handle that. Both of us have charities and a lot of the proceeds are going to charity.”

----
No sCam, you actually signed two contracts against Salary Cap Rules. Can't blame your bosses for your cheating your teamates and the players of 15 other Clubs :shake:

My main gripe with this rort is that the 2 Clubs are also allowed to register these 2 contracts at nominal value :mad:
Thereby, both will be 1 million over the Cap in 2018 with the NRL's help :banghead:

“Comments coming from south of the border are unfortunate,’’ Smith said.

Typical comment designed to make any dig at the game a dig against all Queenslanders (I still can't figure out how they play footy with chips on both shoulders).

I wonder how their team mates feel about putting their bodies and careers on the line to deliver the golden boys a paycheque ... it's disgusting to me.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10