The real problem with Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given our current form I’ve been looking back at some of our better performances in 2019 and it is clear that those games we played well in were off the back of Trbojevic and Fainu rolling down the middle with quick play the balls and offloads which were a huge part of Manase’s game.

It may have hidden our deficiencies out wide, given we were able to shift it wide off quick play through the middle, but it worked and was what our game was based around.

We haven’t really had either this year and that is largely where I feel things have gone wrong.
It's been Manly's go to play for years now, even before Fainu was around, Uate, Walker, Api, Tom all showcased sharpness around this area of the field with explosive direct running, it was the only time Manly looked good in attack, but also boring to watch in it's limitations and over reliance.

I have no idea why Fainu is seen in these parts as the reason for this up the middle sharp direct play, it totally baffles me.

The common theme that made it work was fit sharp players running hard and straight with purpose---how many fit sharp players do Manly have in the squad at one time this year---we don't even have sharp running direct players in our depth squad.

It's been Manly's go to play for years now, even before Fainu was around, Uate, Walker, Api, Tom all showcased sharpness around this area of the field with explosive direct running, it was the only time Manly looked good in attack, but also boring to watch in it's limitations and over reliance.

I have no idea why Fainu is seen in these parts as the reason for this up the middle sharp direct play, it totally baffles me.

The common theme that made it work was fit sharp players running hard and straight with purpose---how many fit sharp players do Manly have in the squad at one time this year---we don't even have sharp running direct players in our depth squad.

When we’ve been successful with it, offloads and support play were obviously key as well. I know last year we were quite high in the offload department, but again this year we have very limited support play through the middle, aside from DCE at times.

Given our current form I’ve been looking back at some of our better performances in 2019 and it is clear that those games we played well in were off the back of Trbojevic and Fainu rolling down the middle with quick play the balls and offloads which were a huge part of Manase’s game.

It may have hidden our deficiencies out wide, given we were able to shift it wide off quick play through the middle, but it worked and was what our game was based around.

We haven’t really had either this year and that is largely where I feel things have gone wrong.
Agree, surprising though after 6 or 7 rds we had the best left hand defence in the comp ( least tries scored) Parker and Walker. And also one of the best attacks with almost all tries scored out wide and thru the hands - no kicks.
Walker's running and passing game and defence has been missed, moves fast laterally.

If we could get that structure back and get Faniu back, (and of course Tom) gives us so many more options. Having those 3 key players out and players constantly playing out of position or not doing an adequate job of replacement has been biggest difference this year.

Don't think we need huge changes. Tom back, walker or Foran back into 5/8, replace Jorge on the wing, bring in Shuster and Quac into 17 and hope the best for Faniu compensation.
The hooker is the biggest concern for 2021

Our problem is that we are a side without direction and without a driver. We should be building plays within sets and all of the players should know whats suppose to come at the next play unless we are talking about broken play. But we look incredibility disorganized and lack direction. DCE doesn't help by heading one way then propping and coming back as once he does that nobody else knows what he is doing and stop still. Then add to that our lack of control and high error rate meaning we can't build lasting pressure. I expected more this year and the coaching staff cannot be blameless.

Our problem is that we are a side without direction and without a driver. We should be building plays within sets and all of the players should know whats suppose to come at the next play unless we are talking about broken play. But we look incredibility disorganized and lack direction. DCE doesn't help by heading one way then propping and coming back as once he does that nobody else knows what he is doing and stop still. Then add to that our lack of control and high error rate meaning we can't build lasting pressure. I expected more this year and the coaching staff cannot be blameless.
I can't knock DCE in this regard, at the moment all other teams know that he is the focus of our attack now that Walker is injured, Cust or Croker do not bring fear to the opposition, they make too many mistakes.

When we’ve been successful with it, offloads and support play were obviously key as well. I know last year we were quite high in the offload department, but again this year we have very limited support play through the middle, aside from DCE at times.
Offloads are good on fast dry decks during day games, but you also need a good back-line to take advantage of the second phase play---we are missing too many players in the backline
plus playing busted and slow.

Definitely time for a clean-out especially in the depth players.

Manly problems are so serious that they won’t just get better by themselves. Action needs to be taken at all levels . At least have our playerS with high energy - high enthusiasm and intensity for 80 minutes.

View attachment 15292this guy is our problem..

Lost on the last
No repeat sets
No linebreaks
No linebreak assists
No trys
No try assists
No combinations whatsoever with anyone
Can't read the game bombed many opportunities with poor options
Perfect kick to Munster leading to an instant try.
DCE .... The Great DCE ..... The Legendary DCE ....
*Named Rookie of the year and since then his greatness flourished *
Has won a Grand Final
Has won the series for QLD
Has won games for his Country
Named by the Rugby League International Federation in its annual awards as the world's best halfback
Has won the Clive Churchill man of the match medal

One more thing @Bring back the.... Biff? .....
The Great DCE does not get out of bed for less than 1.2 million a year

c5558c180700d2252eb8f9c85ebd3ac3.jpg

DCE .... The Great DCE ..... The Legendary DCE ....
*Named Rookie of the year and since then his greatness flourished *
Has won a Grand Final
Has won the series for QLD
Has won games for his Country
Named by the Rugby League International Federation in its annual awards as the world's best halfback

One more thing @Bring back the.... Biff? .....
The Great DCE does not get out of bed for less than 1.2 million a year

View attachment 15334
Fun facts.. cherry evans has only won one state of origin game. That was coming off thr bench as a interchangeable backrower. Only played 20 mind or so.. securing qlds 8th straight series. Has only won 60 percent of his games playing for Australia. 50 percent in the starting team. Cherry evans mother is English and was actually selected for England in the 2011 four nations where cherry evans declined and pledges his allegiance to qld and australia

Last edited:
Fun facts.. cherry evans has only won one state of origin game. That was coming off thr bench as a interchangeable backrower. Only played 20 mind or so.. securing qlds 8th straight series. Has only won 60 percent of his games playing for Australia. 50 percent in the starting team. Cherry evans mother is English and was actually selected for England in the 2011 four nations where cherry evans declined and pledges his allegiance to qld and australia
The proven DCE does not need any ones approval feathered friend
15 games for Australia
10 Games for Queensland

To top it all off the Fun of it all is .... The Great DCE does not get out of bed for less than 1.2 million a year

I thought DCE's long kicking game against the Storm was good but his short kicking game has been off for quite a while. Part of the problem is that we are so one dimensional and dependent upon DCE in attack (in Turbo's absence) that is it easy for the opposition to take time away from him and shut him down. He needs a dangerous and creative 5/8 to partner him and I hope that young Schuster can be that man. We need a another Fainu style hooker and it looks like Fainu won't be playing for the better part of 2021 at least.

The proven DCE does not need any ones approval feathered friend
15 games for Australia
10 Games for Queensland

To top it all off the Fun of it all is .... The Great DCE does not get out of bed for less than 1.2 million a year
Cool.. im just giving stats and facts. Make of it what you will. But he is yet proven himself on the rep scene.. im sure he would even agree. He needs some W's

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8