1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Parcell Hype

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Disco, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Can we all tone it back a little because it is getting out of control on this forum!

Yes he looks a top young prospect and I'm certainly excited by his arrival but people are speaking like he is a test and Origin superstar with people claiming he will start, be our best signing, revitalize our side and be a walk up start as next QLD rake.

I see him as a youngster of real promise atm but behind Korosiou in the pecking order, remember he has only played a few games off the bench as he was behind Mccullough and Nikimora

My fear is if Parcell doesn't dominate from day one the fans on here will savage him when they only have themselves to blame for building up unrealistic expectations

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    No. I'll not Curb My Enthusiasm.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Another hooker thread ??!! We've got more threads about our hooking options for next year than we have hookers.

I'm inclined to go with Flavor Flave and Chuck D on this....Don't believe the hype.

Let's see how he goes first. The thing I like is that he looks like he has speed off the mark, but there is a lot more to the NRL than speed. Is he going to rack up 50 quality tackles a match like Matty did ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Matt Ballin was boring to watch and tackling isn't everything in hooker. Matt Ballin missed about 5 a game.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Parcell will be hooker next year. Best option, Koroisau will be playing 5/8 in nsw cup. Why all the negativity around Parcell, it's not the Parcell hype that is wrong with this forum, it is all the negativity!!!!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    Parcell at least has some form in league. What about talking up Tom Wright for 2017 5/8?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,109 / 287
    I personally think one of Parcell, Koroisou or Brown should play NSW Cup, and at this stage, I think it should be Parcell. Have Koroisou start, and play as long as possible (80 minutes preferably), and use Brown as a backrower. If Koroisou is down on form, Brown comes on as his back-up.

That way, we can have 4 actual forwards on the bench, rather than three, and a utility.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Parcell start nrl

Koroisau nsw cup 5/8

Brown bench

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,109 / 287
    Happy with that too mate :)

10. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Negativity? I have not seen one bit of negativity in regards to Parcell

11. Jase Seaeagle

Jase Seaeagle Active Member

Central Queensland
    Ratings:
    +167 / 15
    I think Parcell will Start and use Koroisau as rotation. I'm not sold on Brown. But with all the Forwards we have now they all can't be picked in the 17, some will have to miss out.

12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Ballin's missed tackle average per match for this year was 2.3, but don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda though.

I agree that tackling isn't everything in a hooker, my point was that Matt Ballin brought other qualities to the side taht maybe Parcell doesn't possess....boring or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Are you suggesting brown may be play nsw cup? If so no way, Parcell is too good for reserve grade. Plus with Koroisau missing the majority of pre season trial matches it may be hard for him to grab a spot ahead of ParcellParcell

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  14. Jase Seaeagle

Central Queensland
    Ratings:
    +167 / 15
    Lets just let their Footy do the Talking.

15. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    No. But if you want negativity, check out Brookvale2015's thoughts above about Api. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Jase Seaeagle

Central Queensland
    Ratings:
    +167 / 15
    Where do I say in this that Brown would be playing NSW Cup. And if you read it properly I said Parcell would be our Starting Hooker. Plus he would be our back Up 5/8 if need be. I just Don't think Brown is our 2nd best Hooker. He is prob 3rd at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    I completely agree 100%

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brookvale2015

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    How is my comment negative? It's the truth Koroisau can't expect to get back in the side as soon as he is back

19. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Negativity is in the eye of the beholder. We're all negative, unless we're happy with whatever happens.

If you think Parcell is top choice, you're negative about Api. If you think Api's first choice, you're negative about Parcell.

I'm sure Api sees himself in the top side. And based on what Barrett has said so far, it seems he does too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yart-tastic Yart-tastic x 1
  20. Eagleman

Eagleman Active Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 10
    Barrett has said that both will be in the 17 barring injury.

• Agree Agree x 1