The Parcell Hype

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This was not a thread about who should be picked or who is the better player, moreso just one to say stop heaping expectation on the kid

You will all squeel if he doesn't produce straight away

I don't think anyone has the right to dictate on a Seaeagles forum what is right or wrong...its all opinion based & personally, I think he will be a star player.
He has all the attributes & equally important, great attitude & enthusiasm.
Its not a crime to be excited about the qualities Parcell will bring to the table.
Then again in early DCE times, was shot down for similar opinions & threads so maybe a good sign.

Parcell will be hooker next year. Best option, Koroisau will be playing 5/8 in nsw cup. Why all the negativity around Parcell, it's not the Parcell hype that is wrong with this forum, it is all the negativity!!!!!!

The issue is that all the expectation and positive posts are helping to create a somewhat unrealistic expectation for a kid who is only 6 games into his career.

Lets hope, like the player he is replacing, he is a 10 year first grade player...it is just that it can take time for this to happen...and he does not get ripped apart the first time he chooses a wrong tackle option or misses a tackle....as rookies are sometimes prone to

Well we all know that a whipping boy is required for normal functioning of post game discussion on Silvertails. May as well be Parcell, because from where I'm sitting and looking around there aren't many other candidates - not cheap ones anyway. If Walker is a bust at 5/8 then he is a possibility.

Anyway let's lose a game first and let natural Silvertails selection determine who is useless.

Perhaps people appear to be heaping a high expectation on Parcell because his form in Q Cup was that of a top line player stuck behind a club favourite (McCullough) and a couple of versatile Nikorima's. Brisbane held Parcell in high regard but less versatile to fill in at fullback, wing, centre, half and hooker than the Nikorimas. He was never gonna usurp McCullough, Bennett was loyal and valued his experience even though I don't rate him.
In Q Cup Parcell was the best hooker over the season and in the GF and since they've won the last couple of state cups (QLD teams) they deserve the best second tier comp tag.
Another big reason people have probably allowed themselves to get enthusiastic about Parcell is because we're all aware that if he got injured or struggled to adjust to the new team, we have a young 'premiership winning' back up option which is a rarely heard of luxury for any club.
We also keep discussing Brown and Buhrer as instant onfield assistance.
So optimism can be justified for the time being. It might seem too early for some but when you break down why people feel this way, it's probably because it won't cost us dearly either way.
Bring on 2016!

After the season we have just witnessed I think we are all a bit entitled to be on the optimistic side when it comes to how our new players like Matt will do. There is no doubt he is going to be effective in a dual hooking role with Api and he will be at his most damaging when opposition defences tire. I think it will take a bit of time for him to fit in but I have to say after seeing him play live for Ipswich we had a real goer is this lad!

APi replaced Issac Luke and won a comp.
Parcell has won a reserve grade premiership

Api > Parcell, and let the best player fighti it out for the starting 13.

Brown is bench material replacing t-red at best.

APi starting 13, PArcell bench, Brown is at best on the bench, but more suited to reggies

Tapau >Ferris > Mateo >Jake (prop rotation into backrow)>Myles (prop rotation into backrow)>tred>brown.

Cant see Lewis being much more than injury cover or a last bench spot in an 80 min game with Jake and Nate in the starting 13

I think Parcell will be better able to use his speed at the back end of the half when the defence is tiring a specially with the reduced interchange. For me Api has the greater NRL experience and needs to start with Parcell off the bench.

Does anyone here remember TB saying that he planned on playing both Koroisau and Parcell in a dual hooking role similar to the way Des played Ballin and L'Estrange?

And now that Walker is officially a Sea Eagle he's going to get first crack at 5/8, and I doubt that Koroisau will be considered for pivot unless we're hit by injuries.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6