The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes, it is time to move on. Look at what Brooks has brought to the team already. Hopefully we can now make another similarly impactful signing.

You don't think that the club has done its level best to get him fit and firing to play first grade over the past 4.5 years?
I mean , my opinion and reality are generally two polar opposites, so probably doesn't matter what I think ;)

But no, I don't think the club steps up at times, for many various reasons.

I'm no fan of Albo but he is in better shape to play on an edge in a first grade rugby league game than Schu. And he hasn't stolen 400k off so far this year. Nor does he plan to thieve another 600k off us over the next three years.
He took 400+ million off the taxpayers chasing some ideology, and forever glory, when the voting majority were telling him to shove it long before it was decided..
Not to mention another $2.4 million given in record time in a sweetheart deal that had the genesis for a change in government.

He took 400+ million off the taxpayers chasing some ideology, and forever glory, when the voting majority were telling him to shove it long before it was decided..
Not to mention another $2.4 million given in record time in a sweetheart deal that had the genesis for a change in government.
Was just making a Schuster joke, I don’t care about Albo, not a fan 👍

Blind Freddy can see there is mental health issues. That is why it was consultation between club, manager, nrl & player union.
I might be wrong, and have no evidences but a gut feeling is his manager could have done more over the last couple of years
What do you “could have done more” Mario Tartek had been flat out selecting what his new Porsche colour that most represents Crown Sports Management and there values.

As if the club are not going to do their absolutely best to get an 800k investment that could assist them in winning football games, to work out for them? They’ve got millions of dollars and access to some incredible resources. They tried and tried and tried. Even before Seibs was steering the ship, there were issues with Josh’s performances under Des.

There’s 29 other players in a squad of 30 that are doing OK under the same regime. A number of which were also very close friends with Keith. It’s not the club. They’ve given him every chance and paid him handsomely for zilch.

No one is Bigger than the Spirit of our Legendary Club
No one is Greater than the Spirit of our Legendary Club
The Spirit of our Legendary Club has Always Prevailed
1713836033100.png

Why are the media trying to turn this into something it's not, I don't think the club is too upset about the payout, they could have played hardball to pay less.

From all the reports before this story from my understanding it was made out we would be paying him out $1,000,000.
From what was previously reported he would get his $400,000 this season and $600,000 for 3 seasons starting in 2025 of his cancelled contract, we are still $1,800,000 in front.

Why are the media trying to turn this into something it's not, I don't think the club is too upset about the payout, they could have played hardball to pay less.

From all the reports before this story from my understanding it was made out we would be paying him out $1,000,000.
From what was previously reported he would get his $400,000 this season and $600,000 for 3 seasons starting in 2025 of his cancelled contract, we are still $1,800,000 in front.
Agree….also the other $600k was to be paid at $200k per year as far as I understand, not a lump sum. If he decided to play hardball then Manly would have every right to challenge it & sight his contract clauses re weight etc. which would mean breach of contract & he wouldn’t get a cent! Schuster & Tartak need to understand this & not play hardball. Whatever the meathead media says is not fact. I’m pretty sure Manly will have thought about all ramifications etc. before deciding what to do & what rights they have legally. At this time the club is more so concerned about Schuster’s mental health & are being fair about looking after him financially. If the **** hits the fan then I’m pretty confident the club have it covered!

Blind Freddy can see there is mental health issues. That is why it was consultation between club, manager, nrl & player union.
I might be wrong, and have no evidences but a gut feeling is his manager could have done more over the last couple of years
I must be Blind Freddy then. I see a fat bloke who is a legend in his own mind, Who refused to reduce his weight and train his heart out. He has brought all this on himself, never been a fan of this overpaid undertalented bloke. Good Riddance, Bugger off.

I think it's disgusting for a guy to get a 1M payout when he couldn't turn up to work fit to do his job, and when he did turn up in reserve grade showed no desire or competitiveness in having a go.

1M?? Doesn't matter if manly gave him a contract, you have to turn up fit for work.

Personal problems and all, it can take the average Joe 15 years to make that money.

And somehow Manly think this is fair for Josh....1M!

If the club have clauses in his contract and the evidence is overwhelming that he breached these clauses, then they should enforce this. The game now has no time for sentiment and a million off our cap to pay for a player whos heart is clearly not in it makes no sense at all.

It reinforces the mistake of signing this player out of fear that a rival was going to poach him.

This truly is terrible management and it again follows on from the Fainu farce where we will get ZERO return on investment!

Agree….also the other $600k was to be paid at $200k per year as far as I understand, not a lump sum. If he decided to play hardball then Manly would have every right to challenge it & sight his contract clauses re weight etc. which would mean breach of contract & he wouldn’t get a cent! Schuster & Tartak need to understand this & not play hardball. Whatever the meathead media says is not fact. I’m pretty sure Manly will have thought about all ramifications etc. before deciding what to do & what rights they have legally. At this time the club is more so concerned about Schuster’s mental health & are being fair about looking after him financially. If the **** hits the fan then I’m pretty confident the club have it covered!
Gus Gould was talking about how it works on 100% Footy. Apparently once the payout is accepted by Schuster and the NRL ticks off on it the club can write it off the salary cap however they deem fit. If we have the room in the cap the full payout can go on this years cap or it can be split up however we like over the 4 years of the contract. Good to know we have some flexibility.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8