The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well another week .. and hope still springs eternal ...

Seib's comments that we won't be able to grind out a win .. and must play all out football .. has to be a licence for the Wonderkinder to throw what very little caution he has to the wind ... and go all out attack mode.

The scene is set .. and it perfectly suits the Shooey .... here's hoping ... again .

Well another week .. and hope still springs eternal ...

Seib's comments that we won't be able to grind out a win .. and must play all out football .. has to be a licence for the Wonderkinder to throw what very little caution he has to the wind ... and go all out attack mode.

The scene is set .. and it perfectly suits the Shooey .... here's hoping ... again .
Yep, I want to see a fleet footed Shu, not galoshes stuck in the mud.

My much maligned support for you Shu needs a lift. Come on, let's go!!

You are not concerned that he goes missing for large parts of games TEE? or that his tackling technique resembles a turnstile at times?

We all love the flashy plays but the problem is that they are few and the 3-step shuffle and off-load before the line is commonplace…

last week was a perfect example of the Schu’s career thus far at 6. Personally I don’t reckon the 2 good plays against 12 men when the game was over made up for the previous 65 min of nothing burger… just as 1 good game does not make up for the 6 poor ones…

Kid has talent no doubt but I don’t reckon he is value-for-money and we already carry Tom (who actually wins games)…
I haven't seen him brought through with a consistent coaching staff, first grade hooker, unbroken run of injuries or more than four games with the same halves partner or back rower next to him.

He is however the best young player I have seen in a very long time and the only player with the ball skills to make me lose where the ball is in tv since cliffy.

Since we haven't had the storm system we can forgive him his form so far in his career compared to his experience and the way he's been brought through.

I haven't seen him brought through with a consistent coaching staff, first grade hooker, unbroken run of injuries or more than four games with the same halves partner or back rower next to him.

He is however the best young player I have seen in a very long time and the only player with the ball skills to make me lose where the ball is in tv since cliffy.

Since we haven't had the storm system we can forgive him his form so far in his career compared to his experience and the way he's been brought through.
Fair comment… personally I think he is overrated and fails in the effort areas but I get your point as he does do ‘wow’ well occasionally…

It's subjective of course, but I think Ezra Mam is a more impressive halves prospect than Schuster. Plays well above his weight, is tough in defence, but can pull off incredible feats of skill like Schuster. I do concede Ezra is playing in a much better roster than Schu but yeah, I like his up-tempo game. He is 2 years younger and already looking very comfortable in FG.

It's subjective of course, but I think Ezra Mam is a more impressive halves prospect than Schuster. Plays well above his weight, is tough in defence, but can pull off incredible feats of skill like Schuster. I do concede Ezra is playing in a much better roster than Schu but yeah, I like his up-tempo game. He is 2 years younger and already looking very comfortable in FG.
I agree and the main difference, there speed, Mam follows the ball and is almost always there to link in or finish off, we all know Shoe has ball skills but can’t follow or finish and his lack of speed and fitness cripples his game as a 6, with and without the ball, hopefully Brooks bring us that running 6, at least his quick, we’ll quicker than Shoe, think Ezra might have him covered.

Last edited:
His effort is there tonight but some bad errors and he continues to prop at the line… very frustrating to watch…
He has to learn not to beat himself up (that's what this forum is for, after all) after making a mistake, and to go back to playing his game. DCE stuffed up monumentally with that intercept, but he's able to forget it and produce some quality after that.

We might've resigned this spud but that doesn't mean he can't be found with a bag of white powder at the pub sometime, he can go play wherever SKD is these days. Times up ya lazy slug.

Edit: That was pretty harsh but he looks completely disinterested considering his position and salary, and I know he typically appears that way but he actually looks like he genuinely just doesn't want to be there.

Last edited:
I had to laugh when the slowest player on the field kicked ahead on the zero tackle to the second slowest player on the field.....with the expected results.

This was only trumped by Garricks first tackle game of forcey-backs.....also with expected results.

I think he will be better next year. He’ doesn’t seem a cool calm collected bloke. The pressure is definitely getting to him and he’s a whipping boy in the media. Brooks will steady this ship.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8