The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
If Schuster gets shopped, do we again have a divided team with the collective Pasifika noses out of joint?

Or it it already not a happy family as it looks now?

Poker games and coffee dates my arse.
I'm not buying this one either (Flannagan being the other). Again, it just makes no sense to me. We have invested in this kid and he has made all the right noises about staying. AND he is still a potential star for us if he can just get himself right. All of this speculation just needs to stop coz it's just toxic for the Club. And it makes me very unhappy ......... and that's the most important thing!

Edit: Hmmm, I just read the Fulton tweet. That is certainly a big public call. Fact or just another sour grapes agenda?? Who the hell knows anymore.

Unless there are some matters really at the irreconcilable stage with Josh , really can not see why the club would want to part ways , not to mention some complicated contractual arrangements for another club or Manly then . Then not to mention who could capably then be a competitive 6 . Certainly not Cooper Johns or Kyle Flannagan , Kaeo Weekes not ready on present indications but certainly no worse then the former 2 . Real problem , surely should be persevering with Shu , have to give the benefit of the doubt that he can come good again reasonably soon .

That was quite an obvious problem at the start of the season , the 6 and 13 positions and the depth factor as well . Shu did start the season quite well at 6 , Alioia mostly putting in but still doesn 't look like the most suited choice as a 13 . and again the lack of depth in both positions . .

Schuster will find his niche. He's too talented not to finally find his way.
The game's history is littered with great talents who never really fulfilled their early promise. Has there ever been a more talented player than Phil Blake? Yet in long first grade career he never really dominated,Manly let him go after a while, he ended up making a solitary appearance for NSW.
How about Bryce Cartright? Or the Eels wonderkid halfback who sank without trace after one stellar season.
These days everyone in NRL is competing with a bunch of medium-talent but driven fitness fanatics and the nature of the game means those types will eventually beat you.
Shu did start the season quite well at 6
He didn't play the start of the season, he was injured.

That was quite an obvious problem at the start of the season , the 6 and 13 positions and the depth factor as well . Shu did start the season quite well at 6 , Alioia mostly putting in but still doesn 't look like the most suited choice as a 13 . and again the lack of depth in both positions . .
I don’t get Aloiai at lock, he’s a bash & barge prop, that’s all he is.

Maybe that will happen but only Manly will suffer as a result. Schuster will find his niche. He's too talented not to finally find his way. Always said, patience is one of the most important factors in any pursuit. The now. now perspective will never get you want you want in the long run. Its like gambling. Looking for instant gratification. The Walker issue was a perfect example. For a time many wanted him out. He got through his issues and became a valuable asset. Patience is the key. Today is only a memory tomorrow, and becomes a valueless experience unless you learn from it and use it patiently.
Yes to patience, but we had to accelerate Schusters move to 6 because of inpatience. It's showing to have weakened the current team in a few positions and he won't be able to show anything if we continue to be handicapped by players playing for themselves, rather than the team.

There's lots of good players in the nrl. Schusters got the potential to be one, but it's not like he can't be replaced (but the club has treated him like that's the case). Obviously potential is there but there's no value in making decisions just to do what's best for him

If Schuster gets shopped, do we again have a divided team with the collective Pasifika noses out of joint?

Or it it already not a happy family as it looks now?

Poker games and coffee dates my arse.

Damn ... now you got me thinking of your arse ..

I don’t get Aloiai at lock, he’s a bash & barge prop, that’s all he is.
That seems to be the case . Plus just can not seem to put in big minutes there . Bully and Sam Fainu could have some potential there and with Bully being given a run there in the trials . Can 't really think of any other options , know that Jake can still revert to the role but hardly going to threaten other sides in the process .

Interesting from Kristie Fulton on Twitter:
View attachment 23694
Interesting the bit about moving to Manly (I assume she means physically relocating his abode geographically) as we have quite a few players who were recruited from outside the area & only 2 of them (the Fainus) who live in the area, & that’s due to the club moving the whole family here during Manase’s court case to get him away from the bad influences in their local area.

I was surprised to learn that Aloiai lives in Campbelltown when reading that article about the team poker nights.

That’s a fair distance to travel 5 days a week for training!

be225895-ac41-4449-9c82-5124cd079b38-jpeg.23694

WOW ... Bloody good advice ... hope the Shu takes it ..

The one thing we do know about the Shu's Manger Tartak is ... he is the proactive type .. who could ever forget that cinematic masterpiece of a video with Finau's mum gushing my Manase is "nice boy" ...

Can't wait to see what winning hearts and minds productions he has coming our way ..

Interesting from Kristie Fulton on Twitter:
View attachment 23694
Given Kristies history she would know you would imagine exactly what the issues are
Its the same sort of thing with the Manase Fainu and his brothers ,didn't Manly get them out of where they were to get them close to the club and away from negative forces.(all be it with only some success for a time).Schuster could do a lot worse than to take notice of the likes of DCE, Croker , Rueben etc to be honest to learn what it takes to be a pro athlete
Also for all those wanting to get rid of him yesterday look at Foran and what he has done since losing the plot a few years ago ,lots of these guys have had issues and got thru them and come back bigger and better ,Schuster deserves the same opportunity. We are only into round 9 ,its just to early to be jettisoning him and allegedly replacing him with plodders like Johns and Flanno jnr ,it does not make any sense.
Im hoping that now that Toovey is head of pathways that he maybe able to help Josh find the right formula and stick to it.
I hope the club does not throw any babies out with the bath water and FFS tell Moses to peddle his mediocre wears at another club !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11