The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah his errors are really starting to worry me and wouldn't be against giving him a rest BUT don't doubt long term he is still a great prospect. Just wonder if his first year of footy at this level is starting to wear him dwown a bit. Errors like the kick drop yesterday do happen you accept that.... its more his loose ball carries/poor ball security & getting bumped off in defence that worry me.

Still, like I say, don't doubt he will eventually be a smart player.

The key words here being " armchair experts".
Armchair experts ?
Blind freddy can see dropped balls missed tackles and slow players run down in open play :)
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!
untitled.png

Armchair experts ?
Blind freddy can see dropped balls missed tackles and slow players run down in open play :)
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!
View attachment 5954

Blind Freddy also understands there's a thing called a 'salary cap' and you can't just rush out and buy every established player in the comp.

There is an art to balancing the team and the books, a large part of which is choosing where to put the time and effort into development and where to just throw the chequebook. Part of deciding who to chuck the money at also involves doing a risk assessment regarding how much value you're likely to get out of an available player, vs what they'll cost you in time off the field suspended/in court/in jail, loss of earnings from sponsors, negative publicity etc.

Enough about 'Jizzy the Jet' already, it's getting embarrassing.

Im loving that the players love playing for each other and the coach. Team harmony is the best in years and our position on the ladder is the best in years.

But you know what? We should be chopping kelly and bringing in someone else with six weeks left so kelly can be down on confidence, then after the last round if the replacement is not working out we will have two players down on confidence and less team harmony.

MASTERSTROKE!

I agree with Bozo that Kelly is not playing at first grade level at the moment. It's round 20 folks and he has been there all year. I hope he finds some confidence and form very quickly. He is talented but needs confidence and the old fashion approach was to give a player a spell in reserves to build up confidence.

Im loving that the players love playing for each other and the coach. Team harmony is the best in years and our position on the ladder is the best in years.

But you know what? We should be chopping kelly and bringing in someone else with six weeks left so kelly can be down on confidence, then after the last round if the replacement is not working out we will have two players down on confidence and less team harmony.

MASTERSTROKE!
Or the guy that is making crucial errors goes back to reserves and his replacement helps us make a run into the finals?

Hypotheticals work both ways.

I'm happy to give Kelly another week but he needs to have an error free match. I also think he is already playing without confidence, which is why he didn't attack that grubber kick in a manner most first graders would have.

He did well to come back from that error and have a hand in the Wright try.

No one can doubt that Brian Kelly has made some excellent progress in his rookie year in a quite demanding playing position . His on field attitude and temperament is also of much credit to him . and i am sure that there is no whipping boy aspect intended in some posts . The issue and objectivity is that the present Manly team may have a good shot or opportunity to challenge for the title this season . Now that Lane has shown his value and combined with the other formidable forward line up, puts it right up there as a premiership standard pack . If the same analogy is applied to the backs ,the spotlight at present will be on any player who may need or is expected to improve their contribution and of course there is no disrespect or disparagement intended . But in the present playing circumstances Kelly"s position is understandably being scrutinized and that of course is just the nature of professional footy . Also no doubt the coaching staff will regardless still provide the necessary encouragement and support and until someone else may emerge with something more to offer. However again trying to win a competition is or should be the main priority . In any case it may be too late now to recruit Jimmy the jet for future seasons.

Kelly is doing ok. A rookie in nrl has ups and downs. Maybe a stint in reserves might do him the world of good, maybe not. Sorta reminds me when Matai came into fg. He went back to reserves and I remember watching him with some mates and it was obvious he was too good for reserves. Maybe it's what he needs?
Personally I'd stick with him only because of were we are at in the season.

I have seen enough potential from him to realise its not a constant issue and he will get better, he is just having a bad few weeks

BK was killing it last year in the lower grades.
first full nrl year will only steel him for the heights to come.

Mark my words if we let this kid go we will regret it in the years to come.

So the first year kid has made a few errors. I seem to remember a former Australian captain dropping the ball over the try line in a World Cup Final. And later in the same game one of the best fullbacks ever made a mistake that proved just as costly. And they were seasoned players.

The point is that everyone has errors in their game from rookies to veteran test players.

Kelly may have made some errors but TBH none that should see him dropped from a winning side.

can not believe all the baggers leave the kid alone he has enormous potential,but i can recall a lot of so so call fans bagging another so call loser and not fit for 1st grade centre ...His name STEVE MATAI..... Go and support some other team .

I have seen enough potential from him to realise its not a constant issue and he will get better, he is just having a bad few weeks
EVALUATION ...........
Yes he is having a few bad weeks
and Potential does not make you a star
Performance makes you a star
I hope he climbs the ladder of success because at the moment he is far from being a quality player feathered friend :)
evaluacion-del-desempeno.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8