The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, while we are having a grand old legal circle jerk over Massouds idiocy, the biggest issue in saying "civil" is that the basic premise of equity is that you go to it with clean hands. If Parra tried to lodge a completely different contract they have failed before they've even begun because their hands are filthy.

This almost makes you feel sorry for Foz. Almost...

Firstly, welcome @Easto

I doubt they are discussing the issues around specific performance on One Eyed Eel haha

And **** me - Massoud did law and still blurted that out? That's covered pretty early on.
Lol "specific performance" on that site would be something like "moit my fooly sik VL Calais on twennies can skid for moit loik 2 footy fields moit"!!!

There's something very unusual going on when two contracts are drawn up, with the one that the potential player signed not being the same as that which the board agreed to.

What. The. Fark?

I was at law school at UNSW with Josh Massoud in the late 90s. Availability of specific performance was a pretty fundamental thing in a number of subjects: contracts, equity and in remedies. He should know better (assuming he actually finished his degree before moving on to journalism).

I never knew Josh Massoud was a journalist. I've ever only known him as working at the DT!

Yes very unusual having 2 different contracts. Time for the nrl to send in the auditors. The 500k breach is likely to be the tip of the iceberg.

In recent times there have been allegations of corruption, falsifying of memberships and cover ups of harassment in the spagnolo era. They even have an obeid on the board right?

Parra has frankly stunk to high heaven for a few years. A combination of poor governance and possibly outright deceptive behavior.

For Kieran's sake I'd advise he finds another club or stays with us.

I don't think there are any other clubs that can offer him $1million plus (or close to it) for a multi year deal at this late stage of the season.

So.... Presuming he doesn't want to be at the Eels next year, he might have to negotiate a 1 year deal with someone to allow the clubs time to shift players to afford a 3 year deal.

If that's the case, he might ask to stay at Manly on a cheap 1 year extension or go to either the chooks or dogs. Considering he was offered more than a million per year, he'd be crazy to accept a lesser offer to stay at the Eels. If he waits until the end of the season, the whole circus will start again.
The Gold Coast can.

If this were you and you had signed with a new company and before you even set foot in the door they were messing you around with your contract surely you'd find another option.

Foran would be out of his mind to go to the eels now. I hate to say it but he would be so much better off at dogs, roosters and of course us.

26m26 minutes ago

Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud

Foran update: There's now a fair chance @TheParraEels will reach a new agreement today. He remains keen to become an Eel, despite the drama.

https://mobile.twitter.com/josh_massoud/status/613185998881603584

If you don't believe chewy, just click the link.
Speaking for myself only here Chie... uhh Chewwy, I'd like Foz to go to Parra. I mean, if you guys are seriously going to pay him 1.2M a year, I'll drive him there myself!

That kind of money for a busted guy who's had a couple of good games in the last year compared to 50K more for DCE...? Hmmm... Which would I prefer..?

Paul Kent is blogging at the moment and said if he doesn't push forward with the Parramatta deal Manly would be on top of the list followed by the Roosters.

He said this could be done through sacking some overpaid players (Mateo etc)
Further to this:

PK was saying that Parra deal very likely to fall through and most likely Foran to stay at Manly, Roosters 20% chance at best, followed by Bulldogs as Hasler is chewing his ear off by phone.
Warriors, Tits etc. no chance.

Interesting.

So has Foran flicked Dalai for Barrett love ? Or has Dalai decided to quit in protest and come over to Manly? :mad:

I don't trust Foran's immature mindset . He seems to get fixated on a person, to the detriment of his on field performance :cool:

Further to this:

PK was saying that Parra deal very likely to fall through and most likely Foran to stay at Manly, Roosters 20% chance at best, followed by Bulldogs as Hasler is chewing his ear off by phone.
Warriors, Tits etc. no chance.

Interesting.
To add to this again, you will all be pleased to know that this is expect to draw out for some time yet - so I think the Kieran Forum is on track to be the biggest thread ever.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8