The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/kie...n-for-parramatta/story-e6frf3ou-1227410131070

Just reading the link and it seems the chances of Foran walking out of his contract are minimal. I have noted the last section of the article which seems to state he has agreed to adjustments to the two clause in question.

When the Eels said they wanted the damages clause removed, Foran’s camp agreed but wanted a clause stating that if Arthur was no longer head coach, Foran could walk away.

The Eels, headed by Anderson last week, initially refused. But as of late Monday night, Parramatta had a change of thinking on the Arthur clause and it is believed to have been included.

“The discussions have been productive and it is the club’s understanding that issues surrounding these clauses can be resolved.”

We have all heard that foz has been having second thoughts for a while. We can't afford him now and I believe told him so. I think he is 50/50 to go to the eels and 50/50 to go to the roosters, Titans or warriors.

I am not a troll as you say. I'm the voice of reason! .

My lovely wife is a die hard Parramatta Eels supporter and I'm just voicing her opinions towards some biast commentary on here.

Some comments towards DCE and Foran have been absolutely disgraceful and unjust. And to think they gave their all for the maroon jersey.

Shame shame shame !
You obviously haven't watched a Manly game since August 2014 if you think that foran has put in for the club.

The last game against the tigers was the only game he has actually made an effort in nearly 12 months. Probably because his idol Brad Arthur was at the game watching him

The guy is a big sook and should change his name to Darius Foran

Are you Watmore's plastic surgeon?

What I cannot understand is how EVERY journo talks about Foz as a man of honour yet he has a get out clause in his contract- one that puts his employees a million bucks in the red at that. Where's the honour?
That is simply what is best for his family

'While Roosters officials told Fairfax Media last Friday that Foran would not be replacing Cronulla-bound James Maloney in the No.6 jersey at Bondi next season, another club powerbroker said: "If a player of Kieran's calibre is available you can always find a way to fit in."' - smh

The RORTERS let one slip.

As an aside a give away is the structure of the tweet. Below is the last from Massoud's account

Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud 15h15 hours ago
Just because Foran's contract wasn't registered by the NRL doesn't mean it's not enforceable before a civil court. It was signed.

Note how it is not signed massoud (like his "deleted" tweets are)
Civil court? So he is saying equity would intervene in a contractual matter? With what? Specific performance? Don't see how that works. One of the elements of specific performance is that it won’t be awarded for personal service – the court won’t make parties in conflict work together. Massoud should STFU and stick to talking bull**** and not the law...

Foran has to go to uphold the myth of his 'honour'. The way he led Manly on, after agreeing with Dalai, is now coming back to bite him.
He trusted simple men with complex agreements and is now paying for his blind faith in Dalai. Both parties forgot that the NRL vetts the contracts :eek:

Manly presented Chez's contract to the NRL and it is they who pointed out that the 'lifetime' clause is invalid, so Manly/Chez nominated the 8 year duration. Thorough and contract got registered @:cool:

Good riddance or is it Karma, to Foran and his Parra mates @:cool:

Kieran Foran Eels contract: Parramatta submitted two different contracts to NRL
  • by: James Hooper
  • June 23, 2015 11:46AM
CONFUSION reigns in the Kieran Foran contract imbroglio, with the Parramatta Eels submitting two different contracts for the Kiwi Test five-eighth to NRL headquarters.

The first contract the Eels submitted was valued at $4.2 million but had not been signed by Foran and was merely a draft version of what they intended to offer the marquee signing.

The second contract, the one which has set off alarm bells all over rugby league, was valued at the correct term of $4.8 million and contained the bizarre get-out clause including a $1 million damages pay out.
The Eels are now investigating why two different versions of the contract existed at the club’s headquarters at Parramatta, claiming this is the reason why Foran was submitted a reduced offer of $4.2 million last week.

The NRL salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste-Brown was handed both versions, with the $4.8 million version submitted the only one containing Foran’s signature.

Foran is understandably miffed at how a contract he signed and agreed to in March was then brought back to him valued at $600,000 less three months later.

Eels coach Brad Arthur fronted a board meeting at club headquarters at Parramatta Leagues club on Monday night, where the Eels directors agreed to honour the original $4.8 million figure.

The get-out clause with the $1 million damages payout has been removed, but Parramatta and Foran’s management company SFX Sports are still thrashing out whether the situation can be resolved.

The damage this has done to the Eels could still cost them their marquee signing, with the Manly five-eighth confused at how his integrity is now suddenly making headlines and being called into question.

Eels chairman Steve Sharp is expected to release a statement on Parramatta’s position later today.

Foran’s existing club Manly, along with Canterbury-Bankstown and the Sydney Roosters are all monitoring the situation closely.

If the Eels deal is called off, expect one of those clubs to sign Foran.

Lol ... Just keeps getting better. I thought the Storm were the only ones with multiple contacts.

Another interesting factor is why haven't Manly signed a 5/8 yet. Since DCE re-signed, Manly have picked up a few forwards in Lewis Brown, Nate Myles and Darcy Lussick, with the latter not being officially announce, but no word on a 5/8 to partner DCE. We have mentioned the idea of moving players such as Lyon or Mateo to 5/8 but contradictory to this is the possibility of Manly moving Mateo on and Lyon retiring sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Kieran Foran Eels contract: Parramatta submitted two different contracts to NRL

• by: James Hooper
    • June 23, 2015 11:46AM
CONFUSION reigns in the Kieran Foran contract imbroglio, with the Parramatta Eels submitting two different contracts for the Kiwi Test five-eighth to NRL headquarters.

The first contract the Eels submitted was valued at $4.2 million but had not been signed by Foran and was merely a draft version of what they intended to offer the marquee signing.

The second contract, the one which has set off alarm bells all over rugby league, was valued at the correct term of $4.8 million and contained the bizarre get-out clause including a $1 million damages pay out.
The Eels are now investigating why two different versions of the contract existed at the club’s headquarters at Parramatta, claiming this is the reason why Foran was submitted a reduced offer of $4.2 million last week.

The NRL salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste-Brown was handed both versions, with the $4.8 million version submitted the only one containing Foran’s signature.

Foran is understandably miffed at how a contract he signed and agreed to in March was then brought back to him valued at $600,000 less three months later.

Eels coach Brad Arthur fronted a board meeting at club headquarters at Parramatta Leagues club on Monday night, where the Eels directors agreed to honour the original $4.8 million figure.

The get-out clause with the $1 million damages payout has been removed, but Parramatta and Foran’s management company SFX Sports are still thrashing out whether the situation can be resolved.

The damage this has done to the Eels could still cost them their marquee signing, with the Manly five-eighth confused at how his integrity is now suddenly making headlines and being called into question.

Eels chairman Steve Sharp is expected to release a statement on Parramatta’s position later today.

Foran’s existing club Manly, along with Canterbury-Bankstown and the Sydney Roosters are all monitoring the situation closely.

If the Eels deal is called off, expect one of those clubs to sign Foran.

Lol ... Just keeps getting better. I thought the Storm were the only ones with multiple contacts.

Seriously did Parra try to lodge an unsigned contract at the lower amount..? Oh my lordy...

Another interesting factor is why haven't Manly signed a 5/8 yet. Since DCE re-signed, Manly have picked up a few forwards in Lewis Brown, Nate Myles and Darcy Lussick, with the latter not being officially announce, but no word on a 5/8 to partner DCE. We have mentioned the idea of moving players such as Lyon or Mateo to 5/8 but contradictory to this is the possibility of Manly moving on Mateo and Lyon retiring sooner rather than later.

Have heard Johns and somebody else hint that Tom T could play 6 so maybe they are going to explore that in the off season

Civil court? So he is saying equity would intervene in a contractual matter? With what? Specific performance? Don't see how that works. One of the elements of specific performance is that it won’t be awarded for personal service – the court won’t make parties in conflict work together. Massoud should STFU and stick to talking bull**** and not the law...

Loobs, mate you are spot on about specific performance not being available in a case like this. Either party could sue for breach, but damages would be the remedy. That's the most Massoud could have been referring to, so "enforceable" was not a good description for him to use. "Binding" perhaps is what he meant.

I was at law school at UNSW with Josh Massoud in the late 90s. Availability of specific performance was a pretty fundamental thing in a number of subjects: contracts, equity and in remedies. He should know better (assuming he actually finished his degree before moving on to journalism).

A short aside - my first post, after being on here many times! I'll head over to the "intro" section and post something there.

yep spot on - even a generic look up of contract law on google could have given Massoud an answer. Dumbarse. No wonder Chewcocka follow him.

Foran should play for the storm if he wants two different contracts

The ATO will take note of his contract amounts listed in the newspapers so he will now be on their radar Well done Parra and his manager

I don't think there are any other clubs that can offer him $1million plus (or close to it) for a multi year deal at this late stage of the season.

So.... Presuming he doesn't want to be at the Eels next year, he might have to negotiate a 1 year deal with someone to allow the clubs time to shift players to afford a 3 year deal.

If that's the case, he might ask to stay at Manly on a cheap 1 year extension or go to either the chooks or dogs. Considering he was offered more than a million per year, he'd be crazy to accept a lesser offer to stay at the Eels. If he waits until the end of the season, the whole circus will start again.

Loobs, mate you are spot on about specific performance not being available in a case like this. Either party could sue for breach, but damages would be the remedy. That's the most Massoud could have been referring to, so "enforceable" was not a good description for him to use. "Binding" perhaps is what he meant.

I was at law school at UNSW with Josh Massoud in the late 90s. Availability of specific performance was a pretty fundamental thing in a number of subjects: contracts, equity and in remedies. He should know better (assuming he actually finished his degree before moving on to journalism).

A short aside - my first post, after being on here many times! I'll head over to the "intro" section and post something there.
Firstly, welcome @Easto

I doubt they are discussing the issues around specific performance on One Eyed Eel haha

And **** me - Massoud did law and still blurted that out? That's covered pretty early on.

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10