The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I reckon Titans will throw Jupiters at him. I think they are the only club with the funds organised to get him next year. Roosters flat out can't afford him and I doubt we could either. if the Roosters can, then the NRL may as well just get rid of the salary cap. He has kind of run out of options. I think Its Titans or he will just stay at Parra without those ridiculous conditions. Nice to see Parra played him and his manager for a fool, because he has run out of options and used every family and personal development excuse for his reason to go there. He is going to look like a prize winning dick if he backs out, Teflon Keiron wont want that. What was it that someone said about Karma? Sometimes its sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
I reckon Titans will throw Jupiters at him. I think they are the only club with the funds organised to get him next year. Roosters flat out can't afford him and i doubt we could either. if the Roosters can the NRL may as well just get rid of the salary cap. He has kind of run out of options. I think Its Titans or he will just stay at Parra without those ridiculous conditions. Nice to see Parra played him and his manager for a fool, because he has run out of options and used every family and personal development excuse for his reason to go there he's going to look like a prize winning dick if he backs out and Teflon Keiron wont want that. What was it that someone said about Karma? Sometimes its sooner rather than later.

Karma=irony

Are we clearing the decks to make one final play ?????

Burgess,mateo,mason,wolf ,hasson,dunamis,etc all supposedly tapped on the shoulder !!!!!!

Im sure bozo wont die wondering ,even though my mail last week said manly said no i cant help but wonder !!!!

Im hearing t red maybe leaving aswell ???

He is staying at Parra, this is a nothing story. The more the numpties at the smh and the telecrap talk the more they show their incompetence. The negotiations have been going on for the past 2 weeks, if it was a factor in his mindset he would have walked prior to the rd 13 deadline.

Lets just be happy we diddnt try and throw the whole house at him, can not afford 2 halves on huge money for 10 years.

Why he would even want to go to the Speels in the first place, Dalai Arthur coaching or not, is a mystery. However I can't see Foran actually backing out of the contract, but I can see the clauses supposedly in there being sorted out before he joins them.

Assuming the media articles are true...... (always a big ask)

For someone who is portrayed as a guy full of integrity, whose word is his bond and is more trustworthy than Mr Trusty McNo-lie, winner of Ireland's most trustworthy citizen...

He certainly seems to have a lot of get out clauses in his 'man of word' contract.

Assuming the media articles are true...... (always a big ask)

For someone who is portrayed as a guy full of integrity, whose word is his bond and is more trustworthy than Mr Trusty McNo-lie, winner of Ireland's most trustworthy citizen...

He certainly seems to have a lot of get out clauses in his 'man of word' contract.

Yeah but the media headlines still say "He's no Cherry-Evans".....o_O

Hopefully whist Bozo was sourcing 3rd party deals for dce , He realized there is now more than enough cash for two high paid halves..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n-for-parramatta/story-fni3ga7r-1227410131070
Kieran Foran Eels contract: $1 million clause a big concern for Parramatta
  • JAMES HOOPER
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • JUNE 23, 2015 12:00AM
THE smoking gun in the Kieran Foran contract fiasco was a get-out clause which allows the Kiwi Test five-eighth to claim $1 million in damages if he walks away from the Parramatta Eels.

The Eels summoned head coach Brad Arthur to a board meeting Monday night in a bid to resolve it, with the club seeking to eliminate the clause yet retain their marquee signing.

When the Eels sent a copy of Foran’s four-year $4.8 million deal to NRL headquarters a fortnight ago, League Central immediately called Parramatta and sounded the alarm.

With the Eels already contesting a $525,000 salary cap fine and risking the prospect of starting next season on minus four points, the NRL pointed out how dangerous the clause was.

Parramatta’s response left the NRL aghast. Eels powerbrokers claimed they had no knowledge of the clause that had put Foran’s future at the club in grave jeopardy.

In an 11th-hour development on Monday night, the Eels were locked in a board meeting at Parramatta Leagues Club where head coach Arthur fronted the club’s seven directors.

Arthur spent Monday on the phone to Foran attempting to resolve the issues, with the club close to retaining the marquee signing last night.

If the deal collapsed, Canterbury, Gold Coast and the Sydney Roosters would have been interested, but for the Tricolours it had to be at the right price.

At the same time as the NRL refused to register Foran’s original contract and began asking questions, rookie CEO Scott Seward coincidentally resigned.

According to the Eels, Seward is the main fall guy responsible for inserting the $1 million damages clause.

The $1 million question is, who else knew about it?

Parramatta claim the board had no idea of the clause or the damages payout, something NRL headquarters is viewing with more than a degree of scepticism.

In a further surprise development, ex-CEO Seward and Eels chairman Steve Sharp were spotted in a meeting on Monday.

Under the terms of Foran’s original contract, the get-out clause stated the Kiwi Test star was free to walk away at any stage of the four-year term and trigger a payment of $1 million in damages.

What makes it even worse, that effectively becomes a $2 million clause when it is included as part of the Eels’ salary cap for the following season.

So, if exercised, Parramatta would have had to pay Foran $1 million and the five-eighth would be free to go and play somewhere else in the NRL.

When Seward departed the club and Eels chairman Sharp and the board of directors was made aware of the situation, head of football operations Daniel Anderson and recruitment manager Peter Sharp were charged with fixing the mess.

The duo came up with a revised deal which was tabled to Foran last week.

Under the terms of the new deal, the Sea Eagles five-eighth’s contract would have averaged out at $600,000 less than the original $4.8 million agreement.

When the Eels said they wanted the damages clause removed, Foran’s camp agreed but wanted a clause stating that if Arthur was no longer head coach, Foran could walk away.

The Eels, headed by Anderson last week, initially refused. But as of late Monday night, Parramatta had a change of thinking on the Arthur clause and it is believed to have been included.

The Eels released a statement confirming the standoff after The Daily Telegraph broke the story online. It read: “The Eels have been working with the NRL and Kieran Foran’s management on two clauses within his contract that were previously undisclosed to the board and senior football management.

“The discussions have been productive and it is the club’s understanding that issues surrounding these clauses can be resolved.”

Throughout his contract negotiations, Foran conducted himself with class and wanted minimal circus surrounding his future. Foran repeatedly stated there was no chance of backflipping. @:rolleyes:

The reasoning was simple: He had given his word. :sick:

Good thing he didn't follow Cherry's lead and buy a house in the area like Watmough and Hasler did when they changed clubs ... oh wait ...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8