The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
For those who are calling for this thread to either be deleted or locked, get over it. As far as I am concerned, it is staying as is. The simple solution is, if you don't like it then don't read it. Nobody is forcing you to do so.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
For those who are calling for this thread to either be deleted or locked, get over it. As far as I am concerned, it is staying as is. The simple solution is, if you don't like it then don't read it. Nobody is forcing you to do so.
Don't like the thread back agree 100%.
Take back your minds people. Say no to mediocrity:)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good work @Jethro

This is an iconic thread, deserves to keep flying!!

I predict he will be out of favour with the Squeals by mid year, with many calling for his head on a platter.

Should make for some interesting trolling from those slimes that inhabit oneeyedeel

Bring it on!!

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
When Foran came into first grade I loved him. He was fresh and new, and he looked like he loved Manly. Football wise, I was impressed. Unfortunately, his progress over the years has been mediocre. He is a tough little bugger, but that is where it ends. He will wither away at parra but the thing is he would have done the same here. DCE he is not.
Good luck to him-he is over rated and I will be standing tall in 5 years to say I told you so. Good riddance
I agree he WAS tough, but it started to take it's toll. His most outstanding attribute was his ability and preparedness to take the ball right to the line before offloading and copping the hammering that goes with that style of play. Once the injuries began to mount he had to change his style of play and all but eliminate that from his game, making him simply and average first grader after that.

eagleron

Bencher
When Foran came into first grade I loved him. He was fresh and new, and he looked like he loved Manly. Football wise, I was impressed. Unfortunately, his progress over the years has been mediocre. He is a tough little bugger, but that is where it ends. He will wither away at parra but the thing is he would have done the same here. DCE he is not.
Good luck to him-he is over rated and I will be standing tall in 5 years to say I told you so. Good riddance
I agree with you my friend, and it's not a coincidence that his form, (ordinary as it had already become) nosedived to disinterest in parallel with the arrival of the Dalai as Tooves offsider. Clearly the Dalai was using a lot of bs and persuasion to win the hearts of Foran and Watmough which says a lot about the intelligence of this pair. We should be thankful to him as he has taken with him the main components of division within our ranks. Poor old Parra, they think that having the Dalai and the reincarnation of Sterling will set them on the path to NRL salvation but unfortunately this kid ain't who they think he might be, for all the hype he simply doesn't possess the bag of tricks necessary to warrant the levels of excitement being generated out west. By this time next year the writing will be on the wall for supercoach. I'll be eternally grateful to Foran for rejecting the massive offers made by Penn during times of panic, we certainly dodged a bullet there, good riddance.

I agree he WAS tough, but it started to take it's toll. His most outstanding attribute was his ability and preparedness to take the ball right to the line before offloading and copping the hammering that goes with that style of play. Once the injuries began to mount he had to change his style of play and all but eliminate that from his game, making him simply and average first grader after that.
Yep-he is average in my book and I always thought it. Usually a pretty fierce competitor...except for last year when he dogged it
I agree with you my friend, and it's not a coincidence that his form, (ordinary as it had already become) nosedived to disinterest in parallel with the arrival of the Dalai as Tooves offsider. Clearly the Dalai was using a lot of bs and persuasion to win the hearts of Foran and Watmough which says a lot about the intelligence of this pair. We should be thankful to him as he has taken with him the main components of division within our ranks. Poor old Parra, they think that having the Dalai and the reincarnation of Sterling will set them on the path to NRL salvation but unfortunately this kid ain't who they think he might be, for all the hype he simply doesn't possess the bag of tricks necessary to warrant the levels of excitement being generated out west. By this time next year the writing will be on the wall for supercoach. I'll be eternally grateful to Foran for rejecting the massive offers made by Penn during times of panic, we certainly dodged a bullet there, good riddance.
Bang on! Why they wanted Choc is beyond me. That bloke would be lying in bed every night crying himself to sleep after destroying his local junior legend status for his beloved Manly. Make no mistake-he is hurting. At least one thing I can admire-if you put **** on your current employer and want a fresh start, then you are obliged to follow through. They did! We just could have done without the hystrionics. Foran is just a ****ing sook-plain and simple. Won't miss him in the slightest....big call since he was my fav in 2010

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I think Foran is still a really good footballer but he certainly didn't appear to have his heart in the game the last 18 months. I can't see him flopping at the Eels the way Choc did, but I doubt he will completely transform them either. I am predicting a strong year from him but nothing groundbreaking.

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think Foran is still a really good footballer but he certainly didn't appear to have his heart in the game the last 18 months. I can't see him flopping at the Eels the way Choc did, but I doubt he will completely transform them either. I am predicting a strong year from him but nothing groundbreaking.
I think it will depend on how his dodgy hammy holds up & whether his forward pack gives him time & space to run the ball.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Amazing that he left so that he didn't have to share the duties of a half with Chez.:wondering:

If F thought about it, he would realize that it's easier to shut down one half than two, especially as they were split on two different sides of the field.@:cool:

None of his decisions make sense to me @:rolleyes: F is now Sandow The Second - ball hog !

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I honestly don't think Foran will be bad for the Speels because unlike his last 18 months at Manly his heart will be in it, at least for a while until their lack of success takes its toll mentally. But as for him being their next Peter Sterling? In the words of former WWF commentator Gorilla Monsoon......highly unlikely.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I honestly don't think Foran will be bad for the Speels because unlike his last 18 months at Manly his heart will be in it, at least for a while until their lack of success takes its toll mentally. But as for him being their next Peter Sterling? In the words of former WWF commentator Gorilla Monsoon......highly unlikely.
To be the next Peter Sterling he would need to have a team surrounding him with players and coach of the quality of the likes of Brett Kenny, Ray Price, Steve Edge, Mick Cronin, Eric Grothe, Steve Ella etc and have a coach at least the equal of Jack Gibson.

I've tried hard but I don't see anyone at Parra that even comes close to that quality in any of those positions.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
In my heart I hate Parramatta and I hate Foran for leaving (I was a big fan) and I really hate Brad Arthur for poaching our players and his general attitude...

My head on the other hand, tends to see the Eels improving next year and making the 8. There were times last year where they really looked dangerous and their forwards ripped in with aggression. They have put together a pretty decent roster for next year and I have my concerns that they could climb up the ladder.

I hope I am wrong and I will death ride the slimy pricks all year!

Shoe1

Journey Man
To be the next Peter Sterling he would need to have a team surrounding him with players and coach of the quality of the likes of Brett Kenny, Ray Price, Steve Edge, Mick Cronin, Eric Grothe, Steve Ella etc and have a coach at least the equal of Jack Gibson.

I've tried hard but I don't see anyone at Parra that even comes close to that quality in any of those positions.
Check my post @Ralphie from a few minutes earlier. We had the same thoughts almost at the same time. Weird or what?

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Check my post @Ralphie from a few minutes earlier. We had the same thoughts almost at the same time. Weird or what?
Oops, sorry I didn't notice that. It is a fair point though isn't it. They keep on nominating the next Sterling without adding what Sterling had as support. Foz is on a hiding to nothing. He's a solid player, no doubt, but he is not ever going to be their savior.

Pepi

Bencher
Laughed my ass off when I saw another squeels fan post on another forum that Foran is like Cronk. They are polar opposites. Their defensive abilities are where the comparisons end.
One only needs to see that in the 2 grand finals he has played in he was barely sighted, it was guys like DCE, Snake, Gift and Lyon leading.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14