The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

MrInvisible said:
Cameron said:
1) There are emails alright, emails from Person A to Person B about Person C and so on all retrieved
2) Des Hasler wont be the Target of Legal action
3) The Legal action may not be taken by manly. (read between the lines)
From an article you quoted in another thread:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eagles-to-obstruct-a-foran-defection-20120421-1xdoz.html#ixzz1sgcRSwX9
The Sun-Herald revealed in February that Manly were considering legal action against Hasler for breach of contract.
Points 2 and 3 straight out the window.

Note the words "WERE considering".

Cameron said:
* Edited. what part of no abuse is hard to understand? *
Look what pops in to sunday's paper hmmmm.
Toddy can deny it all he wants as i said this may not end up a civil mater

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/legal-eagles-sit-on-damaging-emails/story-e6frexnr-1226335147557

Legal Eagles sit on damaging emails
James Hooper
The Sunday Telegraph
April 22, 2012 12:00AM

THE grudge match between Manly and the Bulldogs always threatened to explode - and right on cue the grenades have been tossed.

The Sea Eagles board have sought legal advice over a series of what they claim are damaging emails incriminating former coach Des Hasler, Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg and player agent George Mimis.

Sea Eagles insiders have told The Sunday Telegraph that club solicitor Tim Unsworth is in possession of a trail of emails showing the Bulldogs knowingly induced Hasler into breaking his Manly contract last August - six weeks before the grand final.

Manly also allege Greenberg guaranteed Hasler the Bulldogs would cover his legal costs should the Sea Eagles sue him for damages.

This is something Greenberg strongly refutes.
FINALLY A FACT!!!

Which brings us to the next hot item in the ever-widening chasm between the Bulldogs and the Sea Eagles - the fight to secure the signature of Manly's New Zealand international five-eighth Kieran Foran for next season.

Some Sea Eagles power brokers wanted to use the allegedly damaging emails to stop the Bulldogs' attempts to poach Foran.

The Sea Eagles even discussed as much at the board meeting at Manly Leagues club last month, where it was agreed that chairman Scott Penn should reach out to Bulldogs counterpart Ray Dib for a "sit down".

Manly powerbrokers are privately fuming after Penn did not immediately arrange the meeting with Dib, instead sailing off for a family holiday two weeks ago.

Imagine when Sea Eagles insiders learn what Penn initially told Hasler when confronted about the Bulldogs offering the premiership-winning coach a contract last year? "You should go," Penn told him. ANOTHER FACT??

This development will only further split the fault line that exists inside the Sea Eagles board room.
Logically one can draw a line to that conclusion

At the same time as Penn has been sailing the world and attending a wedding in Las Vegas, Foran let an unofficial deadline to sign with the Sea Eagles lapse two weeks ago and continues to weigh up his options.

WOW hang on, too much fact here, this is work of fiction after all

The longer Foran delays a decision, the more people suspect he's going to join Hasler at Canterbury.
Yes they SUSPECT, much like most of this article

With all due respect to the above quote I just put in it's place, this is the greatest load of dribble I've had the displeasure of reading. Pretty much a trained monkey can write a Daily Telegraph article, because they seem to all come of the same template, with a few blanks filled in.

The key to such articles is to never name your sources and remain as vague as possible to avoid the papers lawyers copping a defamation lawsuit should someone get a bit angry.

According to <insider/powerbroker/officials inside the club/source> <player_name> *insert rumour from internet*. Off to press we go.

I've bolded all the areas of vagueness in this article.
Let me spell it out for you nice and slow

The smh is correct originally hasler were was the target until they retrieved all the emails then it became evident that Greenberg had induced des. Manly have been sitting on this info for atleast 6 weeks with Tim Unsworth compiling a case.

Now there's a little thing call Tortious Interference you should look that up. I'm no lawyer but someone like Susan might want to elaborate further.

The facts are Once des agreed Todd wanted him from 2011 and indeed promised to cover any costs that des may incurr for walking out on manly, that is inducement.

The funny thing is none of this would of happened if your wonderboy Todd was switched on he could have had des if he had of approached him before July 31st instead of early August. I guess Todd isn't as smart as he thinks.

I'm not the only one on here who's aware of this I'm sure Lovefooty and a few others can tell you the same.

See Todd can deny it and say he didn't send des emails. But look at it like this Mr I, if I send Dan an email about you and He forwards the content to you the information from me stil hits you account. Replace the name Dan with say George and mines Todd, do you get the picture.

Feel free to live in your world of denial Though.

edited :)

I reckon the "money on offer is the same " line is BS to not make his client look money hungry if he joins the dogs

He would have signed by now with us if it was

Matabele said:
conanu said:
Matas, Just how illegal is inducing someone to break a contract?. And what are the penalties that are applied is it just financial. It would be nice if they could Hang one of these people LOL.

Damages would be payable. And what NRL club is a bottomless pit of finances?

Oh except for the Broncos and Storm.

Would damages be silly money or just a reasonable settlement?. Obviousy depends on situation and potential losses. Pretty hard to quantify our potential loss i would reckon.

Pablo said:
I reckon the "money on offer is the same " line is BS to not make his client look money hungry if he joins the dogs
Well it's the same BS (am I allowed to use BS)
Hasler trotted it out when he signed with the dogs.

Matabele said:
conanu said:
Matas, Just how illegal is inducing someone to break a contract?. And what are the penalties that are applied is it just financial. It would be nice if they could Hang one of these people LOL.

Damages would be payable. And what NRL club is a bottomless pit of finances?

Oh except for the Broncos and Storm.

I'm no legal expert and don't pretend to be one but it was suggested to me that Greenberg could face criminal charges over this.
Matas???? Susan???? Your thoughts.

Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

I doubt it Cam. White collar crime has to be very severe before they end up in jail.

No chance in the world it would be criminal charges. More chance of Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny and the Toothfairy all being real. To go to jail for white collar crime, think HIH, Enron etc.

Even further, there is little chance legal action would ever be instigated, let alone reach an actual courtroom.

Both parties know that legal outcomes are unpredictable and in many cases just not worth the monetory & human rescource cost. If its brought to a head the Dogs will find a way to settle the matter.

Like every manly fan out there, this is driving me to distraction. If it is indeed fozzie to the dogs.. Then the ballpark 600 k p/a should be more than enough to sure up the contracts of snake, t Rex Matai and ballin. TRex and Matai are already signed, they just have options, so I would imagine those contracts are already calculated In the cap. So we have 600 k to sign up snake and and ballin.. Don't really care about lussick, blood someone else.. I have a very limited understanding of how all this works, but I would be devastated if it worked out any worse than this.

Hasler agreed to join the Bulldogs well before the GF.Greenberg has been telling more than the odd person on the quiet just that in recent times.Pretty silly really on his part.And Des was never offered anywhere near the money he got at the Bulldogs.

Re the legal side I am a qualified lawyer but once again it is totally irrelevant.The way our game works is that if someone does not want to play/coach at your club there is little point in enforcing contracts.Surely Moltzen and Turner have shown that.Both contracts would have been upheld by the courts but why would you want a bloke who doesn't want you.

Two years in court with nothing other than veangance being the motive is ridiculous given the clubs pretty average finances,even if they do have a valid case and may win in the end.

We need to suck it up and get on with it.We are a great club and always will be.It will never be our onfield performance that would result in our demise,only financials and politics can ruin us.

That's a great post Susan, the fans and seemingly the board are being overcome with emotion at the moment. And it's not hard to see why. To Lose hasler the way we did, and to see him act the sanctimonious prick since, is pretty hard to swallow, as is him courting and seemingly signing our future captain after he has tricked up our salary cap is also hard to handle. Maybe we could get a settlement from the bulldogs, maybe not, but I'd hardly want it dragged through the courts. But I would like to see some sort of ramifications for the way Greenberg went about his business. But for me at the moment, I just want to know which players hearts are in it this year, and which ones will be hear next year. Do we look like losing more than foz? (is my post that is on the bottom of the last page close to the mark?)

Zorba on todays Sposts sunday

scroll
to 115:00

http://flash.vx.roo.com/streamingVX/261056/2611/SSR/Podcasts/59/544051.mp3

It seems its not a business after all, as everyone keeps telling us. If it were a business this would be played through the courts. It seems when we get screwed over we have to suck it up because its a business. Now when we have a business issue of contracts being broken etc its just Football. I for one have had a gutful there really is no justice. I just hope that all this has erased our bad Karma that we would have gained through the 70's and 80's. And now i want Greenburg to burn in Hell I cant describe how much i hate a detest this man!!!!!. A plague of Injuries on your Bulldog house of excellence!!!.

Strange comments by zorba, surely he would know something, despite his fallouts with the board etc, there is no doubting his close relationship with the players.

I just want to know what's happening, be it one club or another, so we can get back to playing, and us watching footy.

Thanks for that Berkley. Still i have no bloody idea what is going on. At this stage hes gone in my mind because to me its not that hard of a decision provided money is the same or close.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

scroll

Are you sure that you have the right podcast there B_E as if I go to that 115:00 position that you have stated, all that I get is Peter Gabriel singing Sledgehammer. I've even tried skimming through the entire podcast and still can't find Zorba.

Jethro said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

scroll

Are you sure that you have the right podcast there B_E as if I go to that 115:00 position that you have stated, all that I get is Peter Gabriel singing Sledgehammer. I've even tried skimming through the entire podcast and still can't find Zorba.
just after he finishes singing he comes on

copy and paste the below link into your browsers

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

scroll

just after he finishes singing he comes on

copy and paste the below link into your browsers

Oh, okay. I must have skimmed too far past the song then. Ta.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10