The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phantar

Bencher
RE: Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

Good ol' Zorba...unofficial 'mouthpiece' of the Manly-Warringah club and continuing to stir the pot.

By the way, further into the article he talks about Brookvale Oval. Does he really think the ground is in poorer shape than Leichhardt Oval?

Notice he didn't refer to the ground announcer by name. Wonder why?

bones

Bones Knows

There are two things that make me hopeful that Kieran will stay.
1. DCE re-signing. I can't imagine DCE re-signing without having had a word to Foz to find out what his intentions were.
2. Foz's manager has said Manly and the Bulldogs offer are fairly close money wise. Foran stated a while back he would prefer to stay at Manly unless someone threw a ridiculously big offer his way.

ERNIE FOR NO7

Reserve Grader

bones said:
There are two things that make me hopeful that Kieran will stay.
1. DCE re-signing. I can't imagine DCE re-signing without having had a word to Foz to find out what his intentions were.

why ?

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

Ernie, what are your thoughts on Ricardi?

He may have to slot in, do you think he is up for it?

Townsville Eagle

Reserve Grader

To be honest, if it comes to it, I would rather keep the majority such as T-Rex, Matai, Balin, Stewart and lose Foran than keep Foran and lose the rest. Foran is a wonderful player but it is easier to be without one star than many.

Hope he stays but if he goes, he goes.

RE: Voicefromthehill

MrInvisible said:
Lets just sit down for a second, think about this, and try to have a rational conversation instead of a mudslinging affair.

I'm a Dogs supporter to get it clear and in the open, and I'd be ashamed of my club IF allegations of the like were found to be true, but I have absolute confidence they are not. Here's why...

Do people HONESTLY believe that Greenburg and Hasler are trying to tear Manly apart?

Why would they bother? What would they gain from it?

I really think the conspiracy theories need to stop. Greenburg is an excellent CEO and a VERY good businessman. Anger and abuse only comes from jealousy.

Do you think he'd risk his (and the clubs) reputation and his career as some form of master plan against the Manly club?

And why would he? Who does he care as long as the Bulldogs club is running well and making money (which is primarily his job to oversee). He does this VERY VERY well, was well respected as a businessman when working at ANZ, and has been sounded out by other sporting organisations as a "want to have" person in their company.

Perhaps the answer of all the goings on is not Greenburgs master plan, but problems from the otherside of the fence and a want for people to "have someone to blame" when things happen.

How can you call it unethical handshaking if a club approaches a player (or vice versa), who is off contract soon and offers them a contract term? That's not shady, it's Rugby League contract discussions.

As to your opinion that emails do not exist, then the ones that the SMH have copies of must relate to something else then and fyi the program used to scan the computers was called Encase, google it.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

It seems an expensive exercise for a complete waste of time. It's tough for those apps to recover emails though, they more target files.

The way apps like outlook work is that when something is deleted the data file is altered, that specific disk sector usually gets written over again and once that happens any data that previously existed on that sector is not recoverable.

What happens when people format computers is that the data is erased but it's still somewhat present until that sector is rewritten or it is correctly erased

Jatz Crackers

First Grader

Daniel said:
It seems an expensive exercise for a complete waste of time. It's tough for those apps to recover emails though, they more target files.

The way apps like outlook work is that when something is deleted the data file is altered, that specific disk sector usually gets written over again and once that happens any data that previously existed on that sector is not recoverable.

What happens when people format computers is that the data is erased but it's still somewhat present until that sector is rewritten or it is correctly erased

It doesnt matter how you dress that up as a plain english language explanation, its still geeky.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member

Jatz Crackers said:
Daniel said:

It doesnt matter how you dress that up as a plain english language explanation, its still geeky.
And it all started with a big bang.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member

Daniel said:

Im pretty sure email clients have incremental back built in. I know Mail for mac does anyway.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly

SMHs 2 cents worth. despite the stupid title it basically states that forans manager says foran is torn between the decision, the money is the same and he needs to take his time to make his decision.

Basically what we already know, here it is anyway.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/delay-fuels-manly-fears-foran-is-bound-for-dogs-20120420-1xcdw.html

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

It's largely depends on hoes it is configured. Even with an incremental backup it can still be removed. There are of course server logs though.

I just don't see how this can be anymore than a waste of money.

And Jatz the women love it when I talk all nerdy to them

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member

Hey Dan how come this thread always shows 2 more pages than there actually is. This page 44 is the last but the thread is showing 46 pages

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

It's due to the posts being merged and a bug in the software we use. Annoying yes, fixable, possibly but difficult

Jatz Crackers

First Grader

Daniel said:
And Jatz the women love it when I talk all nerdy to them

I know. Thats how you got married.

I talk Lirty. A cross between lovingly and dirty. Its fun.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019

MrInvisible said:
Just on this... and I'll be brief. Remember there was a big hoohah made about this by the Manly club, with talk of them suing Hasler, etc etc? Notice that went very quiet and nothing more was said?

From what I've heard on the ol' grapevine, the emails do not exist, and it was put out as a media release to attempt to appease fans that the club was doing something about the situation.

I could be wrong, but my source is sound and it makes sense as to why they wouldn't have already launched legal action against Bulldogs club and Hasler (which could really upset our coaches season).
Before anyone makes a smart comment about me reopening my account let me make it really clear it wont be an ongoing thing. To be honest I'm over rugby league and all the bull**** that goes with now days. So my intention is to ignore all the media **** including this site and just watch manly games with what ever players we do or do not field in the future. If you can't control why give a rats.

Saying that I felt that someone had to shut down Mr Invisible's fairy tales regarding the above comment, seriously if you believe that Mr I your probably still believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy and the easter bunny.

1) There are emails alright, emails from Person A to Person B about Person C and so on all retrieved
2) Des Hasler wont be the Target of Legal action
3) The Legal action may not be taken by manly. (read between the lines)

I have 3 sources for this info who I will not will reveal because I promised them I would not reveal who they are but the owner of this website knows they are real people and know I have this info for atleast 4 weeks.

But seriously it's no skin off my nose if you Mr Invisable or anyone else beleives me or not.

bones

Bones Knows

Cameron said:
MrInvisible said:
Just on this... and I'll be brief. Remember there was a big hoohah made about this by the Manly club, with talk of them suing Hasler, etc etc? Notice that went very quiet and nothing more was said?

From what I've heard on the ol' grapevine, the emails do not exist, and it was put out as a media release to attempt to appease fans that the club was doing something about the situation.

I could be wrong, but my source is sound and it makes sense as to why they wouldn't have already launched legal action against Bulldogs club and Hasler (which could really upset our coaches season).

Saying that I felt that someone had to shut down Mr Invisible's fairy tales regarding the above comment, seriously if you believe that Mr I your probably still believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy and the easter bunny.

Or even God.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18