The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's sad that Foran is going, it's ridiculous that Toovey is being replaced. But having said that the club is bigger than Foran and it's bigger than Toovey. Players come and go, I find it hilarious the amount of people who fling **** on Foran for choosing to leave. DCE had his foot out the door made a mockery of the negotiation process and shat on both manly and the Titans. Screwed us for 10 mil and hasn't helped us off the bottom of the ladder and dropped from origin. At least Foran was fairly transparent with the direction he was going. Wasn't his fault the contract was atrociously handled and the media breathed life into him backfliping as well.

We are building nicely for next year, hopefully we can get off the bottom of the ladder. That can't happen with out both of our halves working hard and our forwards putting in the hard yards for 80 mins.
I agree with most of this except the Toovey bit. I don't think he is up to first grade coaching. He took over the team when we were at the top and coached us into last. With the players we have we should be a top eight side. Tooves needs to rip some doors off..... A lot on here blame Hasler for our problems but it has been three seasons now.
We need a fresh start fo next year.

It's sad that Foran is going, it's ridiculous that Toovey is being replaced. But having said that the club is bigger than Foran and it's bigger than Toovey. Players come and go, I find it hilarious the amount of people who fling **** on Foran for choosing to leave. DCE had his foot out the door made a mockery of the negotiation process and shat on both manly and the Titans. Screwed us for 10 mil and hasn't helped us off the bottom of the ladder and dropped from origin. At least Foran was fairly transparent with the direction he was going. Wasn't his fault the contract was atrociously handled and the media breathed life into him backfliping as well.

We are building nicely for next year, hopefully we can get off the bottom of the ladder. That can't happen with out both of our halves working hard and our forwards putting in the hard yards for 80 mins.
Foran, the guy who has played one decent game for us in the past year? The same guy who was bragging he was off to Parramatta last year? The same guy who carried on about the Glenn Stewart saga?

If you didn't realise Foran is on roughly the same coin as DCE, difference being DCE has double the try assists over the last year.

I agree with most of this except the Toovey bit. I don't think he is up to first grade coaching. He took over the team when we were at the top and coached us into last. With the players we have we should be a top eight side. Tooves needs to rip some doors off..... A lot on here blame Hasler for our problems but it has been three seasons now.
We need a fresh start fo next year.
Should get Orford to coach us

There is nothing wrong with what Toovey said, he is simply more mature than a portion of the posters on this forum...

Yeah Foz is gone but it's not the end of the world and u get on with it. I love Toovey and I'll be damned if I'm giving up hope of him being here next year. He deserves a chance to build his own team and start fresh without the internal rabble of board infighting and player revolts.

There is nothing wrong with what Toovey said, he is simply more mature than a portion of the posters on this forum...

Yeah Foz is gone but it's not the end of the world and u get on with it. I love Toovey and I'll be damned if I'm giving up hope of him being here next year. He deserves a chance to build his own team and start fresh without the internal rabble of board infighting and player revolts.
With respect, he has had 3+ seasons to build his own team and what he chose was Hasson, Horo, Mason et al.

With respect, he has had 3+ seasons to build his own team and what he chose was Hasson, Horo, Mason et al.
Backended contracts finishing just this year with BoChoc's 900k hit to our Cap (300k by Manly and luckily 600k by Dalai).
Kingy and Gifty killed our 2014 Cap with their bonuses due that year @:(

2V had no money to recruit established players .
Barrett will be given a vibrant roster and a unified Board - easy peasy coaching compared to 2v's past 4 years @:cool:

Last edited:
I simply can't understand how Foran thinks his game will go to another level under Arthur and playing for the Speels.

His current club coach is a former Clive Churchill Medal winning premiership halfback, and his halves coach at Manly is the ARL's halfback of the century and a Rugby League Immortal.

I simply can't understand how Foran thinks his game will go to another level under Arthur and playing for the Speels.

His current club coach is a former Clive Churchill Medal winning premiership halfback, and his halves coach at Manly is the ARL's halfback of the century and a Rugby League Immortal.
Can some one please tell me what improvement has Arhur done to Choc's game ??? .

Backended contracts finishing just this year with BoChoc's 900k hit to our Cap (300k by Manly and luckily 60k by Dalai).

Barrett will be given a vibrant roster and a unified Board - easy peasy coaching compared to 2v's past 4 years @:cool:
Backended contracts finishing just this year with BoChoc's 900k hit to our Cap (300k by Manly and luckily 60k by Dalai).

Yes & Tooves is on the record as wanting to retain those guys at any cost, so that is a fallacious argument.

I just want to point out I'm on the last beer of a carton I started drinking at 2.00pm. No other people were involved in the drinking of this carton ( I'm pretty chuffed cause I'm 60 in a few weeks and did'nt realise I was such a champion)
Nothing is happening here, I'm off to the music thread to hang out with all my friends......

Last edited:
So Forme states "I'm just concentrating on getting through this year and start a fresh next year" . In other words I'm stale and over playing for Manly. All I care about is getting through games without injury and getting our of this place. Fuk him, he couldn't give a sht about Manly or winning for us. He needs to go now. Drop him and get his disinterested malaise out of our team.

So Forme states "I'm just concentrating on getting through this year and start a fresh next year" . In other words I'm stale and over playing for Manly. All I care about is getting through games without injury and getting our of this place. Fuk him, he couldn't give a sht about Manly or winning for us. He needs to go now. Drop him and get his disinterested malaise out of our team.
He stopped caring a long time ago. Cause of the stupid system we are stuck with him season is on the line for us and we need everyone on board not selsfish self interested individuals who are in self preservation mode.

Ball is in your court Foran.

Foz is a strange cat.

He said he and pearce, as great mates, really wanted to play together...then he signed with Manly.

Then he really wanted and liked Des as a coach....but he stayed with Manly.

The he said he really liked the Dalai....and signed with parra.

I dunno if he is all there but I'm sure he'll put in for us for the rest of the year.

S'funny thing is, when I meet fans outside of this forum (which is basically every one) they all have the different thoughts than us. It's oh no don't go Mr Honourable man.

So I wonder if the 'cafe-gate' has turned us against him more than those who don't know about this place.

I mean there's also the whole "I just made my mind up 2 hours ago" which is logistically b/s when he first said he was going to parra.

Anyway....stranger than catweazle

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10