The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KOMORI, post: 700052, member: 3260"]Yes, that's part of it. But player's contracts are registered after this point and become legally viable.... If they've been completed which it would seem your rabble of a club hasn't been able to do yet..

Not quite right Komori. Up until just recently a contract couldn't be registered for the next season prior to Round 13, not June 30. I'm not 100% sure what the rule is being proposed to be changed to in terms of contract registration, I presume anytime in the season before the contract is finishing with the cooling off period included (7 or 10 days?).

Last edited by a moderator:
KOMORI, post: 700052, member: 3260"]

Not quite right Komori. Up until just recently a contract couldn't be registered for the next season prior to Round 13, not June 30. I'm not 100% sure what the rule is being proposed to be changed to in terms of contract registration, I presume anytime in the season before the contract is finishing with the cooling off period included (7 or 10 days?).

See I'm NOT a contract lawyer... So I'll take your word for it: I'm just not taking the word of a slimey Squeels kiddo....

Even your own people don't agree with you "Chief" aka @Chewbaca ...

Courtesy of "jpav" on that eyesore of a forum:

"Sorry Chief but

just listening to 2ue. The NRL REFUSED to register the Foran contract because of the clauses.no1 Foran can leave any time he likes (which how many ppl denied this on the site said it was all media bs.)

No2 Foran gets paid damages up to a million dollars if he leaves us!!.

They are the facts. And you wonder why the NRL need to come in and take over.

Sharp and the board didn't look at the contract before it went to the NRL????

Thanks to the NRL for not registering the contract."

Thank you, come again!!

The NRL are in charge of registering contracts, not Foran's management.
R13 has passed neweagle so there's no get outs mate.

Not unless Arthur goes. But he's contracted for another 2 years.

Read the Eels Press release - they have not yet registered the contract as Anderson read it and freaked out with the punitive clauses.

It would be registered with the current terms as both parties signed it.
But Foran then has the right for the next 4 years (this is what Anderson wants to remove from the current contract) to walk away, along with a huge payout for his troubles, should he deem the Eels Board to be 'unstable' (this is the term that Anderson wants quantified/removed).

The whole NRL contract system is a shemozzle, as most Club CEO's are not contract lawyers - if any @:cool:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud 12m12 minutes ago
Josh Massoud retweeted 7 News Sydney

FIRST on @7NewsSydney tonight: Foran asked to take 300K pay cut and forgo generous get out clause by @TheParraEels

Tell em they're dreamin' :p

:inlove:Foran can't backflip you clowns.
Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp simply asked Kieran Foran's management to consider the option.

No harm in asking.

Oh what's Foran going to argue the point that Parramatta simply asked a question.

Parramatta will not change anything without Foran's consent.

HE WILL BE IN THE BLUE AND GOLD IN 2016.

Thank you linemen.

Thank you ball boys.

See ya.
If you are going to say "see ya", make it final - don't come back.
The June 30 deadline is in place for players of other teams transferring mid season. Players must be released to another club.

Do I have to educate you guys on everything. You muppet.
please educate us on how many premierships your beloved club has won over the past 25 years

Last edited:
The June 30 deadline is in place for players of other teams transferring mid season. Players must be released to another club.

Thought you were handing back your membership Chewy?? Lol.. You muppet

E]
Josh Massoud Just in @josh_massoud–Verified
Kieran Foran has just stated that he will honour his 4 year deal with the @TheParraEels. Details on @7NewsSydney tonight at 6.
@7news @cmail_sport @TheParraEels

1:20 pm - 22 Jun 2015

Yes its right after the story on Parramatta's plan to have two premierships in next five years.

On a completely different note I just walked across Lionel Watts oval (site of my collarbone injury 1984) on my way to watch my daughter in the school dance spectacular at glen st. They sell good beer at the theatre. This is tooves land, home of the belrose Eagles. Kieran lives here at Davidson. He'd be mad to drive west every day from this spot.

Read the Eels Press release - they have not yet registered the contract as Anderson read it and freaked out with the punitive clauses.

It would be registered with the current terms as both parties signed it.
But Foran then has the right for the next 4 years (this is what Anderson wants to remove from the current contract) to walk away, along with a huge payout for his troubles, should he deem the Eels Board to be 'unstable' (this is the term that Anderson wants quantified/removed).

The whole NRL contract system is a shemozzle, as most Club CEO's are not contract lawyers - if any @:cool:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud 12m12 minutes ago
Josh Massoud retweeted 7 News Sydney

FIRST on @7NewsSydney tonight: Foran asked to take 300K pay cut and forgo generous get out clause by @TheParraEels

Tell em they're dreamin' :p
Did Massoud say if it was 300 per season or on the contract as a whole ??

Did Massoud say if it was 300 per season or on the contract as a whole ??
Sounded like an annual cut - but it will all be leaked in the DT by Hooper tomorrow

Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud
7. The BIG question is WHO at Parra knew about the clauses. Company line is Seward and Arthur were selective, others claim more were aware.
6. One year's pay would count toward Parra's cap and also hand Foran to either Dogs, Roosters or Titans free for the first season.
5. Foran is now entitled to stand his ground on the first contract, which was signed by both parties. That could mean he ends up being paid.
4. The new offer is 300K a year less, cuts to TPAs and MPAs that would have deepened the club's salary cap woes.
3. Eels management therefore asked NRL not to register Foran's contract, and drew up a new one.
2. Eels management feels no single player should have the right to quit at any time - and be paid a year's salary to boot.
1. Change of Eels management has translated to a change of heart over how generous the Foran deal is.
========================================
Does anyone recall BoChoc bullying Chez to take a pay cut to keep Gifty?
Well now is his chance to help Foran realize his dream of Parra Glory! :rofl:

Don't fret Chewy, I'm sure there are some mornings when Foran wakes up and thinks going to Parra is the right move.

(But probably not too many of them, lol)

Sounded like an annual cut - but it will all be leaked in the DT by Hooper tomorrow

7. The BIG question is WHO at Parra knew about the clauses. Company line is Seward and Arthur were selective, others claim more were aware.
6. One year's pay would count toward Parra's cap and also hand Foran to either Dogs, Roosters or Titans free for the first season.
5. Foran is now entitled to stand his ground on the first contract, which was signed by both parties. That could mean he ends up being paid.
4. The new offer is 300K a year less, cuts to TPAs and MPAs that would have deepened the club's salary cap woes.
3. Eels management therefore asked NRL not to register Foran's contract, and drew up a new one.
2. Eels management feels no single player should have the right to quit at any time - and be paid a year's salary to boot.
1. Change of Eels management has translated to a change of heart over how generous the Foran deal is.

Wow if that is true what massoud is quoting (its hard to believe journo's ) its hard to see him committing to that
There may be a lot more players cut than just sandow and hoppa i would think to keep Foran on the original big dollar's

Kieran Foran to walk away from Parramatta Eels contract
  • JAMES HOOPER
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • JUNE 22, 2015 4:51PM

KIWI test superstar Kieran Foran could be forced to walk away from his four-year $4.8 million deal to join Parramatta after the Eels attempted to alter the terms of the contract.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Foran has got cold feet after a change in the Eels management structure, with the departure of CEO Scott Seward leading to Parramatta failing to recognise certain elements of the agreed four-year deal.

Essentially, the agreed contract has dissolved and can become null and void because the Eels are attempting to change it.

The NRL is aware of the situation, with salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste-Brown monitoring it closely for the past month.

The development will mean one of the best playmakers in the NRL is now a free agent for next season.

In the aftermath of the Daily Telegraph breaking the story, Eels released a statement claiming the clubs believes the issues may be able to be resolved.

But the Daily Telegraph has been told the Foran contract will not be being altered.

The Eels statement said: “The Parramatta Eels are aware of news coverage today relating to the status of five-eighth Kieran Foran’s contract with the club.

“The Eels have been working with the NRL and Kieran Foran’s management on two clauses within his contract that were previously undisclosed to the Board and senior football management.

“The discussions have been productive and it is the club’s understanding that issues surrounding these clauses can be resolved.

“The club is extremely disappointed that these confidential discussions have been made public.”

A raft of rival NRL teams including his existing club Manly will be guaranteed to be hell bent on signing him.

The Parramatta Eels are in damage control, with the club refusing to recognise the deal signed off on by Seward.

The Eels claim they never ticked-off on Foran having a get-out clause inserted in the contract which allows the Kiwi five-eighth to walk away at any stage.

Incredibly, part of the clause includes detail stating the Eels must pay Foran a massive payout in damages.

The Daily Telegraph has been told this was one of the fundamental reasons why the Parramatta board refused to rubberstamp a contract extension for CEO Seward, which led to the Eels official walking away from the club.

Seward was the Parramatta powerbroker who handled the majority of negotiations in relation to the Foran contract.

Hey Chewy,
image.jpg

Yes, that's part of it. But player's contracts are registered after this point and become legally viable.... If they've been completed which it would seem your rabble of a club hasn't been able to do yet..

Your a muppet. Wrong again sorry.

Chief,

All clubs go through difficult times, have players they want to keep leave, have off field dramas etc. it's the nature of the sport we follow.

You sign in to another clubs supporters forum in a deliberate attempt to antagonise that clubs fans and in a twist of fate your club has had some tough news today and when people call you to account you start crying. Don't troll if you can't accept what comes back at you.

After reading all that, seems to me that Parra don't really want Foz.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8