The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could only justify 800k and locked in for 4 years with no 2 year option in his favour. Beyond that and your hamstrung like the Cowboys...

read earlier today that Foran's missus stated Karma on her web page. Well good on her. Enjoy your picnics over Parramatta river. I hope Foran moves out there. He's from Blacktown on the Beach anyway. Don't wanting breathing Matt Ballin's air here on the beaches.

Maybe she just meant she was scared to leave as karma will catch up with them.

You know....saying that the signing was wrong and all that!!

(what am I....friggen high, sheesh)

I find it hard to believe the club didn't know what it was doing; love him or hate him, Kelly has worked in a number of successful environments.

I think your second point is closer to the mark, and had Daly and Kieran been happy, greed may have taken a back seat in negotiations to an extent, but with both unhappy for various reasons, and other clubs offering huge dollars, the carrot was too big to pass up.
I'm kinda learning towards your thinking. I know I've been at a new joint doing a "cleanout' and you inherit a lot of ****. Maybe I'm wrong but he needs at least min 6-12 months to start getting control. Then we can start to bag him. Most of you guys knew this strory on DCEasy Money and Fuzzy months ago. They had already made their decision and were stringing us along as neither wanted to be the "bad" guy. The club just have to weed at the mole. That's who we need to oust first. I want to be be back under the radar where we belong. Manly invented that ****. Not Des! We will see the real karma as both these **** clubs fail. #realkarma #namastebitches

If Foz and DCE signed for 700K then i would be saying there are issues regarding Toovs. They are both 1M players and its all about $$$. Gift wanted to stay, and Choc ran his mouth after gift was not offered a contract. These players have chips on their shoulders from the Gift fallout and are cashing in and using the whole management problems to justify the $$$. I made my piece with these guys leaving so this morning didn't phase me one bit.

Manly has taken a couple of steps back to re-align the new managements vision of the future. This yr is defining moment for the last decade.if it goes bad in two or three yrs then the decision to let them leave will be remembered. But if it keeps us competitive ppl will quickly forget them. I'm happy to sit back for the next 3 yrs and give the owners the time to sort things out before i go into acceptance that this means we curl up and die.

Go Manly and at this stage thanks Foz and DCE for the memories and effort. Will be out on Friday to cheer the whole team on regardless of who is staying or going :) whilst the player wears the jumper they get my support as they are part of OUR CLUB/TEAM

Glad its sorted a very sad saga indeed for this club.
Since there arrival our whole roster has salary cap issues. Time to rebuild move on, yes we will get back but i have serious doubts about toovs and management on same page.
I really don't want us paying stupid money for blokes i don't want here its that simple. These kids that come through need to be told of the history and culture of this club because it has become obvious it gets lost at present.
I am gutted simply for the club, toovs and killer, snake. These 2 boys have embrasssed our club we should demand loyalty not beg which is ehat i have seen. Its pathetic foran go to simply turn his back on this joint when it needs some leadership he showed none.
Blokes such as stevie, snake and matty where here in the tough times, simply kieran is a overated bloke who is as bad if not than dce. **** him i will support the club but kieran is a dog **** who deserves not praise a gutless piece of ****.

I'd be surprised if he turns out again. He'll drag this hammy out a mile. If he's proven anything it's that he's a cat that can't handle pressure and if the Manly faithful booed him he'd probably start crying then and there....

Holy **** there is some rubbish on here when the rattle is thrown out of the cot. He is one of the toughest players going around. And it is not just you.

Holy **** there is some rubbish on here when the rattle is thrown out of the cot. He is one of the toughest players going around. And it is not just you.
Why is he tough? He bitched and moaned when Hasler left, he bitched and moaned last year and apart from playing for us - what has he done that is so tough? He's a footballer - everyone out there cops abuse. Matty Ballin is miles ahead of Foz in terms of toughness and punishment taken and is miles behind him in terms of being a whiny bitch.

I think we're clutching at straws with the "karma" post from Foran's partner.

A guy probably cheated on her best friend or something for all we know.

Whether we believe it or not, with Foz & Choc going to Parra because of Arthur, surely there comes a time that Assistant Coaches have a "non-compete" clause in the contracts.

It's commonplace in the corporate world, eg an exec at say Comm Bank can't move to Westpac for X amount of years.
We released Arthur from the final year of his contract with us so he could take up a head coaching role at Parra, well, bugger me, it took less than one season to sign two of our best players.
And Des tried the same but all he got was She-Rex.

I know it would be hard to enforce but it may need to be something to be looked at in the future.
I know players follow coaches, but to follow assistant coaches* is something else.

* They went for the dosh but want us to believe they didn't.

They generally don't have no compete clauses. They just take gardening leave which in Foz's case will be a hamstring injury that never heals...

Whether we believe it or not, with Foz & Choc going to Parra because of Arthur, surely there comes a time that Assistant Coaches have a "non-compete" clause in the contracts.

It's commonplace in the corporate world, eg an exec at say Comm Bank can't move to Westpac for X amount of years.
We released Arthur from the final year of his contract with us so he could take up a head coaching role at Parra, well, bugger me, it took less than one season to sign two of our best players.

I know it would be hard to enforce but it may need to be something to be looked at in the future.
I know players follow coaches, but to follow assistant coaches is something else.

Non compete clauses are usually so vaguely worded, that there is always a way around them anyway. Player pilfering clauses can be substantiated, but again, is very difficult to prove that they were enticed, they will always say that they went of their own accord.

i am sure if the clauses were able to be upheld to satisfaction, then they would already be a definitive term in the contract.

lets just say hypothetically that player a goes and visits player b in tears and distraught saying he doesnt want to leave the club he knows and loves ,a and b are great mates so player b says dont worry mate i wont take up the cash they didnt offer you and will offer me instead,and all the while ill string them along ,then sign elsewhere ,all hypothetically of course ....because it was such a well kept secret ;)

FOZ HAS TURNED OUT 2 B THE BIGGEST W###KER TO WEAR THE MANLY JERSEY.
6 ON MONTHS OF TORTURE, EVEN THOUGH HE SIGNED LAST YEAR. F##KEN mf.

I know players follow coaches, but to follow assistant coaches* is something else.

* They went for the dosh but want us to believe they didn't.

You know I think you're right. Both were unhappy at Manly after the Gifty saga, and here is a team with a coach they have previously worked with and huge cap space; it's a perfect fit. It's not that they think the world of Arthur, it's just that he was there and could fit them in; it's all circumstantial.

I've done it before in my own workplace. I've disliked the new management, called up the old manager "can I come and work for you" and away I go. It wasn't that I loved the old manager, it was just that I had a connection and I used it to my advantage to get away for the old place.

What p!sses me off is Foran's excuse about moving to improve his game. That's just about the biggest backhand insult any player could give his coach and his club. I dead set don't understand how he can turn up for training and look 2V squarely in the eye.
Here's a tip for the future Kieran....strong men tell the truth despite the consequences.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10