The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Pay him what he wants to bring him home. We have all seen what he does for parra at times. He's a great player. Back at Manly he would reach another level. Origin level too I reckon. With Desie and Donny he will kill it. GO Manly!!!!
Stuff State of Oregon (capital city: Salem, largest city: Portland).;) I want him to become another Manly junior playing for Australia from our club.

Of course if his price is too high and not wishing to sound like the man who knew too much,* as the late Doris Day might sing - que sera sera.

*Sea Eagles’ film buffs, are you with me?

Last edited:
I don’t want to crush any hope but Gutho will not blossom with Des
Why do you say that?

Personally I don’t think a halves combo of DCE and Gutho will work. If I could cherry pick (pun intended) any half to play alongside DCE it would be Townsend (as some others have suggested). I think Gutho excels in the unstructured play, just like DCE, so I would rather we focus on recruiting or retaining someone capable of being more of a ‘conductor’.

Wasn’t he still behind Matai Lyon Stewart and we had Terbo coming through as well. Was told he will he in reserve grade if he wanted to stay. Understandably really

Funny how things turned out though. In 2016, Snake, Killer and Svivvy were in their last year of first grade. And to add to that, not all played every game with Killer and Skivvy especially getting injured a lot and we had to move either Tom Symonds into the centres during games or even start Lewis Brown there. Imagine if we had Gutho available? Then he could have stepped straight into the centres with Walker in 2017 (instead of Kelly).

We have priced Clint out of our market. Thus parra will now pay massive overs for him.

On a side note is being Captain worth more in a retaining salary for a player?
I think it should be but don't think it is.

Noticed the Teleslop has King Arthur pleading for Sir Gutho not to leave. Is King Arthur losing his touch so much that he has to plead now for players to stay or is the Teleslop inventing stories yet again...probably the latter. Teleslop is more adept at telling fairy tales

Firstly I reckon $550,000 plus any TPA's....
Very suspicious he would be out of the game by now with the knee issue's, but has proven himself with a solid run of footy the past year and his involvement is first class.
Last week a shocker, but its like ppl were waiting for 1 off game after he has basically carried Eels in most games I have seen, rare for an outside back.
I rate him and definately feel he would add another class player out wide, he is a competitor and he chats to the players all day which is massive factor.
Would only shine more with quality players around him and would work great with DCE and Turbo, as he is always pushing up on the ball and putting himself in great supporting position, which is another thing we would benefit from.
There have been a few like Gallen who claim he is not a rep player so should be on the next player payment line....which I agree with to a point, but in games I have seen, he would not be out of place a s a reliable fill in at rep level.....no Latrell Mitchell X factor, but always on the ball and very safe and reliable with a touch of extra class.

Gutho just seems to be hanging out for maximum coin from the Eels , think that if he was that interested in returning to Manly , he would have indicated more interest by now . Very hard to accommodate D C E , Turbo , Walker and Gutho in any case . Walker may be prepared to stay for slightly less coin if things can work out with his return going forward but will be very surprised if Gutho in the present circumstances would accept less from Manly that he can still expect from the Eels presently . Again if he did have a serious inclination to return to Manly , would be indicating a bit more intent by now . Talented and capable player but unlikely again that he will accept that much less then he can probably leverage out of the Eels right now

Hopefully this ends like the mess the other 'father and son' fiasco eventuated at the Panthers. Parra commit big dollar contracts to BA and Gutho and they continue on their merry way of medocrity. After every loss the discontent from squeals fans will get louder and louder... *cues evil laff

Gutho just seems to be hanging out for maximum coin from the Eels , think that if he was that interested in returning to Manly , he would have indicated more interest by now . Very hard to accommodate D C E , Turbo , Walker and Gutho in any case . Walker may be prepared to stay for slightly less coin if things can work out with his return going forward but will be very surprised if Gutho in the present circumstances would accept less from Manly that he can still expect from the Eels presently . Again if he did have a serious inclination to return to Manly , would be indicating a bit more intent by now . Talented and capable player but unlikely again that he will accept that much less then he can probably leverage out of the Eels right now

I don’t think it would be politically smart for Gutherson to come out and say expressly that he wants to go to Manly. He and his manager are just playing the game.

If walker plays well this year (playing for a contract) a desperate bottom dwelling club will pay him 600.
So he would have to really like Manly to stay for 400K. Then Manly have to want him to stay and not use his money elsewhere.

It will be interesting how this pans out.

I think deep down if Manly match or come close to the slimes offer, he’d rather be with us. Plus if we come up with a 4 year offer, that could get it over the line.

If (and a big if) that can happen and he does sign with us, it would be untenable for him to stay with them considering the backlash he would get from their fans. I’d say they’d boo him at every home game and some fans would contact the club about getting rid of him.

Would we be able to fit him in before the June 30 deadline? What money (if any) would we have for half a years salary for 2019? Would this also be a consideration for Gutherson in his decision?

I’d love to have him back but not over $650 for 4 years.

It will be interesting how this pans out.

I think deep down if Manly match or come close to the slimes offer, he’d rather be with us. Plus if we come up with a 4 year offer, that could get it over the line.

If (and a big if) that can happen and he does sign with us, it would be untenable for him to stay with them considering the backlash he would get from their fans. I’d say they’d boo him at every home game and some fans would contact the club about getting rid of him.

Would we be able to fit him in before the June 30 deadline? What money (if any) would we have for half a years salary for 2019? Would this also be a consideration for Gutherson in his decision?

I’d love to have him back but not over $650 for 4 years.
I agree with you - if he signed elsewhere he probably couldnt remain there post June 30 but we still are $300 odd grand under salary cap this year for our fine so I don't see us finding the coin to accommodate him in 2019.

One Eyed Eels forum saying Gutho to make an 'announcement' at 2 pm today re his future for what it's worth....
One would think he is staying with them. If he has called the presser. He would of hit what he wanted from his stand off. Arthur signed and more money

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10