The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
More press on this......

Reports of ‘all out war’ over Clinton Gutherson contract drama
News.com.au 14/05/2019

Parramatta captain Clinton Gutherson has reportedly been caught in the middle of an “all out war” that’s left Manly star Dylan Walker out in the cold.

Clinton Gutherson’s manager and the Parramatta Eels are reportedly at breaking point over conflicting shadow games surrounding his contract negotiations.

The messy situation has been described as an “all out war” by Channel 9’s Neil Breen following widespread reports the club has issued Gutherson with a one-week deadline to agree to the deal reportedly put on the table.

The Daily Telegraph first reported Gutherson has an offer of $1.95 million across three years in front of him, but is chasing a four-year deal worth $2.8 million.

The story broke on NRL.com on Monday, where it was suggested Gutherson has until Friday to agree to the three-year deal or the club will shut down negotiations with Gutherson to prioritise other recruitment issues.

The 24-year-old fullback has been linked with a return to Manly, and Ayoub on Monday told The Daily Telegraph he is not aware of any deadline for Gutherson contract.

Breen said on Tuesday the situation is a complete mess.

Story continues at link.......https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/r...a/news-story/6bd51abf2814d9e20301af89ccf5dda9

I wasn’t fussed one way or another of him coming back to Manly.
Now I would love him to, it will get the eels fans frothing at the mouth and the “we hate Manly but we don’t know why” brigade bashing away at their keyboards.

Well if the deadline is true, then if the eels get him we will know early next week I imagine.

If we don't hear anything next week can assume that the deadline was BS or he rejected them.

Gutho and Jake played in plenty of Manly and Junior Rep games together :)

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2013/04/15/team-announcement--nsw-under-20/

I've watched Gutho from his Manly Junior years and was always a fan

Gutho even captained SOO U18
https://www.nrl.com/news/2012/06/06/nsw-under-18s-team-announced/
Makes you wonder why Manly ever released him, regardless of his knees was worth hanging onto even back then always had potential and now we could be paying 700k+ for him.

These reports are coming out to piss off walker and destabilise us as we are going good

Deep down i feel gutho wants to come back but is loyal to BA i wouldnt pay overs for him though i would take him back for the right coin

Yeah fox reporting gutho has to sign by end of the week. Not willing to budge on 650 3 year deal.

That could play into our hands should we still want him.
Makes you wonder why Manly ever released him, regardless of his knees was worth hanging onto even back then always had potential and now we could be paying 700k+ for him.

Wasn’t he still behind Matai Lyon Stewart and we had Terbo coming through as well. Was told he will he in reserve grade if he wanted to stay. Understandably really

I agree, I could see this sort of shiite happing last year with our previous recruitment manager, but can't help but feel that Crusher may have other ideas to spend 800K

Crusher and Des have a far better player strategy than those knuckleheads of the past 3 years and won't pay anywhere near 800k for someone like Guffo unless some philanthropic supporter comes up with at least 200k of it.

Only worth 600k.

I'm thinking, if Walker can get back to his best under Dez stick with him as we still have the best young half in Metcalf to bring through, a genuine star half who could be anythingand also Schuster who can play back row, to go with Cust and crocker and Elgey.

If we sign Gutho on 800k for 4 years, cant see any of those mentioned players sticking around to play for blacktown in case of injury. The above 4 would almost be a combined 800k.

Only worth 600k.

I'm thinking, if Walker can get back to his best under Dez stick with him as we still have the best young half in Metcalf to bring through, a genuine star half who could be anythingand also Schuster who can play back row, to go with Cust and crocker and Elgey.

If we sign Gutho on 800k for 4 years, cant see any of those mentioned players sticking around to play for blacktown in case of injury. The above 4 would almost be a combined 800k.

Agreed, i'll take those 4 for 800k, thanks.

Any chance you could double down with another 4 of the like for another 800k?

Crusher and Des have a far better player strategy than those knuckleheads of the past 3 years and won't pay anywhere near 800k for someone like Guffo unless some philanthropic supporter comes up with at least 200k of it.
I agree
I think that Githo is milking Parra for an increase using us to help his cause believing they are naive enough to fall for it, but after seeing Brad Arthur has his contract extended after the weekend, who knows what Parra will do

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10