The District Footy Club Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
With that preference share...that protects the colours and games at brookie, etc.... if an owner gets a good chunk of people joining up...wouldn't say be able to vote changes to that preference share?

Errr...trying again....

Maybe it's good to be a member so an owner cant stack the membership then vote away the 10 game minimum, colours, location, etc.

Dramatic, yes...but possible?

(Not saying this is the Penn's plan.)

Isn't that what occurred at Parramatta under Dennis Fitzgerald?? I know not under private ownership, but he had the Footy Club numbers stacked.

With that preference share...that protects the colours and games at brookie, etc.... if an owner gets a good chunk of people joining up...wouldn't say be able to vote changes to that preference share?

Errr...trying again....

Maybe it's good to be a member so an owner cant stack the membership then vote away the 10 game minimum, colours, location, etc.

Dramatic, yes...but possible?

(Not saying this is the Penn's plan.)
Possible but given the 3 year wait until voting rights are provided to new members unlikely IMO

I think the Penns and Zorba would love nothing more than our real footy club member numbers to keep declining.

Imagine if they had a sudden spike of a couple of thousand?

What a message that would send to them that we still believe in our real football club membership.

I'll never give mine up. I reckon they could double it to $50 and include a couple of functions with old legendary players per year and charge $100 per head for dinner, drinks and stories from these great players.

I'm not sure what they would use the money for but wouldn't hurt to keep saving it over a few years and get some $ behind the real footy club.

The more the numbers decline and there's no money to run it, the more "irrelevant" we'll become.

I've been a member for three years and now eligible to vote etc, but I'm doubting the benefits. Why is it important, Mark?
Serious question.
Does the organisation have any real 'teeth' to influence Pennmanship?
No but still has sharp fingernails.
A lot of the club's history is tied up in the FC, ex players and the like.
The FC remains the spiritual holder of the torch, but with Quantum selling out the Penn's now hold a majority holding. Were the Penn's to sell it's hard to imagine why they would split that majority holding.
That being the case the FC does not have power on the board.
But it does still have an entitlement to sit on the board, and it still has the preference share.

The objects and purpose of the FC are to:
(a) assist generally in the promotion, development, conduct and propagation of the game of rugby league in the Manly Warringah district or elsewhere;
(b) oversee and assist the Junior League, including where necessary, to mediate and/or arbitrate disputes involving members of the Junior League or organisations affiliated with the Junior League or members thereof;
(c) propagate the game of rugby league by acquiring and holding shares in the Manly Sea Eagles; and
(d) do all things necessary and convenient to achieve those objects.

I have an automatic renewal and I'm happy to stay as a member of the FC.
And don't forget, the FC stake and board positions may still become crucial at some time in the future, though it may not look likely right now.
For various financial reasons, Penns might decide to sell part of their holding. As I mentioned above, it's hard to see why they'd do that but certainly not impossible. In which case we could be back where we were with multiple owners and the FC minority holding carrying considerable weight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8