The District Footy Club Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I won't be there either.

I haven't been a member for a number of years ... is it still $25 ?

I've been a member for three years and now eligible to vote etc, but I'm doubting the benefits. Why is it important, Mark?
Serious question.
Does the organisation have any real 'teeth' to influence Pennmanship?

Probably a good question, doubtful but I still feel good doing it!!

Perhaps it could be argued that the greater the number of members at the District Footy club the harder it would be for the franchise football club to, remove the Sea Eagles name, Remove the Maroon and White colours or relocate away from Brookvale.

It is $25 dollars to be part of the real club and its history. Some people would be happy to see it disappear and become "irrelevent". I consider it money well spent. I would love to see the District footy club membership have an equal amount of numbers to the team membership.

A couple of thoughts from me;

1/ The FC now has zero influence on the Sea Eagles itself so if you are looking to make an investment to gave your say then you are wasting your cash
2/The FC does have the preference share which protects the name/colors/10 games per year at Brookie - it doesn't require more members to do that the preference share maintains that right
3/ The only reason I maintain membership of the FC is in case the private owners walk then at least there is a semblance of a committee to take over with a governance structure and constitution. I am not sure how The FC would fund it given they have next to nothing in revenue and no real means of raising revenue but at least we would have a fighting chance and it would not be a total NRL takeover

With that preference share...that protects the colours and games at brookie, etc.... if an owner gets a good chunk of people joining up...wouldn't say be able to vote changes to that preference share?

Errr...trying again....

Maybe it's good to be a member so an owner cant stack the membership then vote away the 10 game minimum, colours, location, etc.

Dramatic, yes...but possible?

(Not saying this is the Penn's plan.)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8